Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Vecsey: Steve Nash may retire

Im hearing Nashs pain is forcing him 2 seriously consider calling it a career. Hed still get $ this yr & next & LAd get cap relief next

Peter Vecsey (@PeterVecsey1)

Is Vecsey wrong once again?

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...omment-page-1/

vCash
    Nash is gone.

vCash
    I think Nash should retire... Hell of a player but just hasn't worked out as a Laker due to that injury from last season..

vCash
    When we acquired Nash I was very happy because he is one of my favorite players in the league. Good, classy guy, great teammate, insane competitor(he played with one eye in the series against SA!), sick passer and a very high basketball IQ. Man i really wished that he will win one championship with us and Kobe's 6th. But injuries and age has caught up with him. It never worked with LA. It was not meant to be. Man if we only acquired nash in 2006! The whole NBA would have shat! Kobe and Nash on their primes? It must be sad on his part to accept retirement when he wants to add more to his illustrious carreer but it may be best for both the team and himself to hang it up and spend time with his kids or better yet be a an assistant coach to Mike D'antoni.

Show us again...

vCash
    ^ I agree and I want him to retire, but since it's vecsey...

vCash
    I'm lazy but could someone check how many 1st picks we gave away to aqcuire him

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Probably the right move for Nash and this franchise.

Dude needs to look after his health. That broken leg ***** him up pretty bad with the associated nerve damage.

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    Don't remember........but I'm guessing, considering who our GM is, that it was probably all we had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Don't remember........but I'm guessing, considering who our GM is, that it was probably all we had.
    In return, the Suns get four draft picks -- first rounders in 2013 and 2015 and second rounders in 2013 and 2014.

vCash
    How does it work for a medical retirement?

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash

Vecsey: Steve Nash may retire

Will vescey be right for once?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    How does it work for a medical retirement?
    The NBA would then do its due diligence, sending a league-appointed physician to verify Watkins' findings.

If the league would sign off, the final year of Nash's contract would be completely removed from the Lakers' salary cap -- as long as he plays in fewer than 10 games this season.

So far, Nash has made six appearances. Has he made his last?

The Lakers have nearly cleared their books for the summer of 2014 with only Robert Sacre ($915,243) and Nash with guaranteed salary. Nick Young has a player option for $1.2 million, and rookie Elias Harris is under contract for a non-guaranteed $816,482.

With Nash's salary coming off via theoretical retirement, the Lakers could have in the neighborhood of $54 million in spending power to chase free agents and/or re-sign their own players, such as Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Probably the right move for Nash and this franchise.

Dude needs to look after his health. That broken leg ***** him up pretty bad with the associated nerve damage.
    Not to mention his back. That's way more important. He needs to take care of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    The NBA would then do its due diligence, sending a league-appointed physician to verify Watkins' findings.

If the league would sign off, the final year of Nash's contract would be completely removed from the Lakers' salary cap -- as long as he plays in fewer than 10 games this season.

The Lakers have nearly cleared their books for the summer of 2014 with only Robert Sacre ($915,243) and Nash with guaranteed salary. Nick Young has a player option for $1.2 million, and rookie Elias Harris is under contract for a non-guaranteed $816,482.

With Nash's salary coming off via theoretical retirement, the Lakers could have in the neighborhood of $54 million in spending power to chase free agents and/or re-sign their own players, such as Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.
    Thanks Iron.

Hmm interesting situation brewing. If he decides to come back, maybe we should just use the stretch waive on him next year.

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post

Nope.
    Theres a cap floor to avoid teams being able to be at ZERO cap and being able to repeat what heat did.
    So even if we renounce kobe and paus bird rights we wont have the full cap.
    ]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast