Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    I am pulling for the kid. He's overcome every roadblock thrown at him. Can he make the next step and lead us to W's week-in and week-out? Dunno. But he has an NFL arm.......and some moxy....just don't wanna get my hopes up just yet.....

vCash
    That video made me cry, then I ordered flowers to myself from the McGloin flower shop. Thanks Go McGloin!

vCash
    Great video. There are lots of similar stories, he has his opportunity now. The way I see it, his attitude embodies what the current state of the Raiders; roster laden with cast offs with other teams. The whole organization should have a chip on its shoulder having endured one of the worst decade's in the history of American professional sports.

vCash
    @sicknick12: LMAO first good laugh of the day. Thanks man!
    Make it or not, I can't help but like this kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Great video. There are lots of similar stories, he has his opportunity now. The way I see it, his attitude embodies what the current state of the Raiders; roster laden with cast offs with other teams. The whole organization should have a chip on its shoulder having endured one of the worst decade's in the history of American professional sports.
    I couldn't agree more Proximo!!

vCash
    I'm pulling for this kid too. You know he has heart. You know he has guts. Let's hope he can put it all together. One game is not enough to know, but I'm hopefull. This video got me pumped up. I can't wait to see the ovation he gets from the black hole.

vCash
    i'm pulling for him of course! but more than pulling for him, he passes the eye test, you can see him go through progressions, look off safeties, look left where Ford is streaking knowing he's going right. He gets the play in and up at the line with 10-11 on the play clock, ready to see what he's gonna get. Uses & climbs the pocket as has good awareness. These are the things Pryor does poorly and hopes to overcome with athetisism. Not even mentioning the accuracy, quick release or that he obviously has a better grasp of the playbook & offensive concepts. These are the above the neck things refered to by some in this thread. This kid walked on & started for Joe Paterno!! I think that is the mess that made this kid slip through the cracks with scouts.

Reggie's Rebuild!!

vCash
    Sweet jesus the kid has only Won 1 game, take us to the playoffs and then I'll buy into this crap. Even Ryan Leaf won his first 2 starts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DatFatCat:27440219
    Sweet jesus the kid has only Won 1 game, take us to the playoffs and then I'll buy into this crap. Even Ryan Leaf won his first 2 starts
    Good point. I did like McGloins decision making in the game and thought it was better then Pryor's. He took care of the ball and no INT's. Am I ready to say we found our QB with him.... hell no!

I did love the video and am pulling for the kid. If he does turn out to be our QB it will be one hell of a find.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DatFatCat View Post
    Marinovich had 3 TD's and no picks in his first game too. However, we're badly in need of a field general and there is something entirely likable about McGloin. I'll always expect the worst, but it would be sweet if this kid could become Jeff Garcia for us for a couple of years, just until this regime truly gets its footing in place.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Marinovich had 3 TD's and no picks in his first game too. However, we're badly in need of a field general and there is something entirely likable about McGloin. I'll always expect the worst, but it would be sweet if this kid could become Jeff Garcia for us for a couple of years, just until this regime truly gets its footing in place.

-Stork
    Ouch I had forgotten about Mr LSD, I like the comparison to Jeff Garcia much better than the ones of Drew Brees thats for sure. I'm pulling for the team, I would however definately use McGloin, Pryor & Wilson through 2014 and use this upcoming draft to select a Stud DE in the first and 2nd & 3rds on guards with a 4th on a WR & NO QBs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    Good point. I did like McGloins decision making in the game and thought it was better then Pryor's. He took care of the ball and no INT's. Am I ready to say we found our QB with him.... hell no!

I did love the video and am pulling for the kid. If he does turn out to be our QB it will be one hell of a find.
    Its like a preview to a movie, designed to get you hyped up. But I will agree IF he does pan out it would be great. Hopefully his "Movie" holds up to the preview

vCash
    How can you not root for this kid... You can tell he was raised right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 00raider81 View Post
    i'm pulling for him of course! but more than pulling for him, he passes the eye test, you can see him go through progressions, look off safeties, look left where Ford is streaking knowing he's going right. He gets the play in and up at the line with 10-11 on the play clock, ready to see what he's gonna get. Uses & climbs the pocket as has good awareness. These are the things Pryor does poorly and hopes to overcome with athetisism. Not even mentioning the accuracy, quick release or that he obviously has a better grasp of the playbook & offensive concepts. These are the above the neck things refered to by some in this thread. This kid walked on & started for Joe Paterno!! I think that is the mess that made this kid slip through the cracks with scouts.
    Right on the money. McGloin may not be a franchise QB but if he keeps this up, who's to say he can't be? He has what it takes. He doesn't have a rocket arm but it is strong and he can throw the deep ball with some serious accuracy. Far better than Matt Flynn in most categories that's for sure.

McGloin is also REALLY smart. That's rare to see for a guy at this age. Who's to say he can't become smarter with experience and start calling audibles, warnings for blitzes, etc? He's doesn't seem like a game managing QB like Alex Smith either. McGloin is not afraid to throw in tight spots. He has the mold of a GUNSLINGER that you guys have unbearably listened to me rave about(sorry for that). Quick release, fast and smart decision making, great timing, good footwork etc.

He may not be Drew Brees, nor will he ever be. I have never seen a QB like Drew Brees in my entire life. Such accuracy, arm strength, wisdom, tight spiral, great delivery...all in one man? A 6 Ft one at that? Never seen it. It's unfair to compare anybody to that kind of legendary.

However, who's to say McGloin can't be great? He has all of the tools and most importantly, he's already very smart and has improved his once scatter shot accuracy by throwing zip passes. The fact that he performed the way he did against a #1 Texans Pass Defense with no line and average WR help...speaks VOLUMES. Imagine what he can do against teams with average to below average pass defenses? Wait until McGloin plays the Chargers, WITH VELDHEER BACK. If the kid continues to play the way he did and better, I'm sold.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast