Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Josh McClown

vCash

Josh McClown

Would McCown have made these plays two years ago, when he first got to Chicago because of another injury to Cutler? Perhaps. But they probably would have been preceded by the kind of head-scratching interceptions that can be avoided with meticulous film preparation—something McCown has finally made a habit of doing after he most of the 2012 season out of pro football coaching a high school team in North Carolina.

Trestman believes McCown compares favorably to Rich Gannon, who didn’t become a bona fide starter until late in his career and won MVP honors at age 38.

“I didn’t study when I got into the league like I study now,” McCown says. “I don’t think I knew necessarily how to work or how to study. Being around different guys through the course of my career, I’ve learned. The coaching helped put things in perspective … I would do it differently if I had another chance.”
    http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/18/josh-m...timore-ravens/

I haven't drank the kool-aid yet, but he may end up causing me to eat crow.

Cool read anyway...

vCash
    The fact that you haven't drank the kool-aid shows how much a difference Tresty, an actual Offense playbook and big receivers can do for a QB.

I understand where you're coming from. I've seen McCown play REALLY BADLY in the past, but he didn't have the support (both in personnel and coaching) that he does now.

I saw what Trestman did with that 37 year old CFL QB. He's getting the best out of Josh and letting him play within his means.

Imagine if we had Tresty and McCown back in 11' then Cutler got hurt? Division title guaranteed.

I actually have confidence in a Bears backup QB
    Last edited by flclfanman; 11-19-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    I attribute much of mccowns success to trestman and his system. He had mccown ready to play and the system is a perfect fit.

If you are a qb who can be a mistake free game manager, then you can do well. It's an asset to the team to have a system like this with weapons like we have. I mean who has a starter and backup qb that can play like our guys have? Most teams loose their starter and they are done. The bears haven't missed a beat. It's a team effort, but trestman (and emery) deserve a lot of credit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    The fact that you haven't drank the kool-aid shows how much a difference Tresty, an actual Offense playbook and big receivers can do for a QB.

I understand where you're coming from. I've seen McCown play REALLY BADLY in the past, but he didn't have the support (both in personnel and coaching) that he does now.

I saw what Trestman did with that 37 year old CFL QB. He's getting the best out of Josh and letting him play within his means.

Imagine if we had Tresty and McCown back in 11' then Cutler got hurt? Division title guaranteed.

I actually have confidence in a Bears backup QB
    Oh, when I fantasize about having Trestman as our OC and Kromer as out OL coach the year we lost to GB in the NFC championship game, there is a boner alert happening in my pants.