Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If you were Kobe Bryant: $$$ or 6th and 7th ring?

Found an old article: http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jul...-2014-20130724

"There's the dynasty-creating way Bryant could turn the Lakers around overnight.

All it takes is a 95% pay cut.

He could accept the veteran's minimum of $1.45 million for 2014-15, allowing the Lakers to sign two big-name guys next summer and set themselves up for another coup in the summer of 2015 with spending power to add another big-ticket player, when LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Kevin Love and Rajon Rondo could be free agents.

If the Lakers pay Bryant $1.45 million in 2014-15, they would still have his "Bird rights," enabling them to pay him up to $19.5 million for the 2015-16 season, when he will be 37 years old. He would basically average $10.5 million over those two seasons.

Not to be forgotten, Pau Gasol could do the same exact thing in a year, if he's so inclined
    ."

Imagine: Kevin Love @ $20M, Kyrie Irving @ $15M, and Luol Deng @ $15

Pau-Kaman
    Love-Hill
    Deng-Johnson
    Kobe-Young
    Irving-Farmar

He would be remembered GREATLY should he choose the latter. Im pretty sure he could convince Pau to do the same.

What would you do if you were Kobe Bryant?
    Last edited by Mave1002; 11-19-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    2016 : KKK

vCash
    Edit

Sorry didn't read all of it.. Haha just woke up.. Idk if Kobe will take that big a pay cut for the next season either just to get paid tons the season after.. We will see, it sounds good but seems a bit far fetched to me
    Last edited by jaydubb; 11-19-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Sounds great in theory but it would never happen

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Mave you're the biggest dreamer of this forum, but it's all good, change from all the trolls/bashers.

vCash
    doubt we get irving..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    I'm not sure if all that could work contractually, but if you have researched it: boy oh' boy do I wish that kobe and mitch could get a look at this. Because it really looks like it could work. Not just some imaginary dream, but a real live plan that can actually be executed with relative ease. And the added free agents seem like they would like to play here too (idk about kevin love - but i believe he would if the t-wolves start sputtering to the bottom end of the western playoff scene). right now he's still another season away from being a F.A, so.....

vCash

vCash
    rings.
    Both Kobe and pau should take the 1,,5 salary.

2014 team Nash, Kobe,DENG, ANTHONY, Pau.
    2015 team, RONDO, Kobe, DENG, ANTHONY, MARC GASOL + Pau as sixth man.
    ]

vCash
    Don't know about you guys but I could never accept Rondo wearing the purple and gold... He has a bad attitude and has worn green wayyy too long...

but it seems like the 2014 plan is turning into the 2015 plan...

vCash
    Kobe has money and a lot of it is an understatement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clifborder4fm View Post
    Don't know about you guys but I could never accept Rondo wearing the purple and gold... He has a bad attitude and has worn green wayyy too long...

but it seems like the 2014 plan is turning into the 2015 plan...
    You better hope so.

vCash
    He won't take Vet's Min.. He shouldn't be offered Vet's Min in the first place.

He should want as much as he can get, and the FO should offer him a contract that is financially pleasing, while still allowing them to have enough to build the roster in a way that can contend.

It's obvious that Kobe's goal is to win more rings, but he still wants to make as much as he can. It would be stupid of him not to.

vCash
    Kobe may take a pay cut, from $29 million down to $28.5 million (LOL)But seriously, He ain't taking a dime under $15mil and you can bet your momma on that!
    What you guys are missing here, And i'm not saying you are wrong for thinking this way. But that just isn't how Kobe operates. It never was and unless he has gone a personality transplant during Orthokine therapy it never will. The Players Union as well as his agent wouldn't allow it. You see in Kobe's mind he is still #1 and he's not taking a backseat for LeBron, Carmelo or any other young gun yo u can think of. That #25 ranking by ESPN didn't do anything but piss him off.
    His main objective is now he wants to lead this merry band of misfits to the promised land. He's going to put this team on his back and try his hardest to lead them there. Whether he gets there or not remains to be seen, And it may determine what happens next summer.
    I agree....Should he take a pay cut? Answer:Yes! Will he?Answer: Not the one you all think he should, Why? Cuz Kobe don't play dat!

vCash
    Kobe doesn't need money. Kobe needs rings. I just don't know if his ego would let him take a huge pay cut. It would be a wise decision though, that could pay dividends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Mave you're the biggest dreamer of this forum, but it's all good, change from all the trolls/bashers.
    The Law of Attraction.
    2016 : KKK

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast