Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash

LaTroy Hawkins Agrees To One Year Deal With The Rockies

http://metsblog.com/metsblog/the-lat...atroy-hawkins/

Of any of the Mets free agent pitchers the one that needed to be signed was LaTroy Hawkins. I thought his career was done early in the season but he proved me wrong. He especially performed well when Bobby P. went down. He was the veteran leader for the young guys too.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so. If we can't sign a guy who wanted to sign with us, but because we didn't shell out perhaps an additional $500K he goes with the Rockies.

Something's not right here. If this is the way we are approaching the marketplace - nothing has changed. I remain cautiously optimistic, but that may be in doubt. I'm trying to remain positive.

Thoughts, comments, questions, concerns.....

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    I saw this too... Very disappointed. I thought Latroy was a quality arm out of the pen last season and brought veteran leadership. I would of resigned him for sure, I wish him the best for the rockies unless he pitches against us.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    I'd like to think we want to get younger but I would of kept Latroy around. I don't trust these cutthroats running our organization and it's a sad feeling, really.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    I wanted him back as well but I'm in the same boat as you, cautiously optimistic. I wanna see where we stand following the winter meetings, before having any sort of opinion on where this team is headed.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 11-19-2013 at 04:42 AM.

vCash
    The Rockies' one-year, $2.5MM agreement with LaTroy Hawkins "blew away" the Mets' offer to the veteran reliever, a source tells Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News. Colorado also outbid the Braves, who didn't need Hawkins in either a closing or setup role, according to David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (Twitter link).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    http://metsblog.com/metsblog/the-lat...atroy-hawkins/

Of any of the Mets free agent pitchers the one that needed to be signed was LaTroy Hawkins. I thought his career was done early in the season but he proved me wrong.
    If you were wrong before...maybe you will be wrong again.

vCash
    Hawkins was solid and who wouldn't want a solid vet like him on the team. Every off season its more uncertainty its frustrating because no one see's the end game. Just a constant con job every year with a revolving door of budget scrubs masquerading as baseball players. A Colorado team outbidding a New York team. Its sickening

vCash
    $2.5m for a 41-year old setup man that everybody was chewing out and mocking mid-season. He finishes decent and everybody wants him back. Bizarro fans.

Don't chase bullpen arms with big contracts. It's bad business. Correct decision letting him go. Sandy learned his lesson on the Francisco mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    The Rockies' one-year, $2.5MM agreement with LaTroy Hawkins "blew away" the Mets' offer to the veteran reliever, a source tells Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News. Colorado also outbid the Braves, who didn't need Hawkins in either a closing or setup role, according to David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (Twitter link).
    Mets probably offered him another minor league deal and said take it or leave it lol.

vCash
    Last year was his best in the past 5 seasons, it was an outlier. Thanks Sandy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Mets probably offered him another minor league deal and said take it or leave it lol.
    That's not what I read.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82:27439435
    $2.5m for a 41-year old setup man that everybody was chewing out and mocking mid-season. He finishes decent and everybody wants him back. Bizarro fans.

Don't chase bullpen arms with big contracts. It's bad business. Correct decision letting him go. Sandy learned his lesson on the Francisco mess.
    Im gonna agree with WrightStuff on this one. Past performance is no guarantee of future production, especially with a player of Hawkins' age.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash

LaTroy Hawkins Agrees To One Year Deal With The Rockies

Let the excuses rain as to why the Mets let him go, he is to old, he got too much, he will not be as good, he subdues people on rowdy passengers on planes and so on.

Bottom line is once again the Mets were out bid because they just don't want to spend what the market dictates.

Is this a taste of things of more to come?

God I hope not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Im gonna agree with WrightStuff on this one. Past performance is no guarantee of future production, especially with a player of Hawkins' age.
    $2.5M is hardly a risk though for the potential production he could give.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Let the excuses rain as to why the Mets let him go, he is to old, he got too much, he will not be as good, he subdues people on rowdy passengers on planes and so on.

Bottom line is once again the Mets were out bid because they just don't want to spend what the market dictates.

Is this a taste of things of more to come?

God I hope not.

Exactly what I was thinking. And Byrd to the Phillies without an offer from the Mets, too. I am not saying they should have signed him, but no interest from your best bat last season, kind of makes you wonder.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast