Time: 7:30 PM EST
    Where: Joe Louis Arena
    TV: : FS-TN, FS-D+

Record: 9-5-7

Jimmy Howard
    5-5-6
    .910%
    2.68 GAA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO LINE 2!!
    Last edited by BranWingss; 11-19-2013 at 03:19 PM.

vCash
    Smith and Samuelsson in the same game... So this is what hell is really like.

vCash
    Babcock seems to think Smith is the reason the Wings are losing. Really? Haven't the WIngs been playing better on the backend since Smith has been out? I thought they were.

Despite Smith's struggles (one point, minus-7 in 11 games), Babcock said the team missed him. The club's losing streak coincides with Smith's absence.

“He can skate and he can pass the puck. He just has to be efficient without it and not force things,'' Babcock said. "We were rolling along, winning, Smitty got hurt and we didn’t win. Now you can say Big E (Jonathan Ericsson) was out and Mule (Johan Franzen) was out. But it just goes to show you your back end has to be able to move the puck for you. Smitty can move the puck.”
    Last edited by Wingman; 11-19-2013 at 10:31 AM.

vCash
    From yesterday:

The Detroit Red Wings will dress 11 forwards and seven defensemen for Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators at Joe Louis Arena, coach Mike Babcock said today after practice.
    By dressing 11 forwards, they will double-shift Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg.

Here are the lines they skated with yesterday:

Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Todd Bertuzzi

Johan Franzen-Darren Helm-Tomas Tatar

Daniel Cleary-Joakim Andersson-Mikael Samuelsson

Drew Miller-Justin Abdelkader

Injured: Stephen Weiss (groin) worked in with the top six for the first half of practice. Daniel Alfredsson (groin) skated briefly after practice.

Niklas Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson

Kyle Quincey-Danny DeKeyser/Brian Lashoff

Brendan Smith-Jakub Kindl

Jimmy Howard

Jonas Gustavsson

vCash
    I love that Tatar is finally getting good ice time. Hopefully that stays like that. Sucks that I don't think we'll see Nyquist up any time soon.

vCash
    Defense pairs are Kronwall-Ericsson, Quincey-DeKeyser, Lashoff-Kindl. Looks like Smith is the seventh D, per Khan.

Let's see, the Wings have been losing, so the solution is to add an extra defenseman, Smith and double shift the two best forwards on the team right now, Dats and Z. Somehow, that just doesn't make sense to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    I love that Tatar is finally getting good ice time. Hopefully that stays like that. Sucks that I don't think we'll see Nyquist up any time soon.
    The line with Tatar, Helm, Franzen seems to be playing well together right now. Hopefully, Babcock will leave it alone when Weiss and/or Alfie come back.

vCash
    Doubt it. Alfredsson coming back will be big though. Our offense is honestly better without Weiss right now.

vCash
    Chelios to be honored before the game

Before the game, the Red Wings will honor Chris Chelios for his recent induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame. They will give away 22,000 posters, show his induction speech on the scoreboard from 6:43 to 6:58 and have artifacts from his career on display from the Hockey Hall of Fame on the concourse.

Chelios will take part in the ceremonial puck drop.

The club will honor fellow Hall of Fame inductee Brendan Shanahan Thursday before the Carolina game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Babcock seems to think Smith is the reason the Wings are losing. Really? Haven't the WIngs been playing better on the backend since Smith has been out? I thought they were.

Despite Smith's struggles (one point, minus-7 in 11 games), Babcock said the team missed him. The club's losing streak coincides with Smith's absence.

“He can skate and he can pass the puck. He just has to be efficient without it and not force things,'' Babcock said. "We were rolling along, winning, Smitty got hurt and we didn’t win. Now you can say Big E (Jonathan Ericsson) was out and Mule (Johan Franzen) was out. But it just goes to show you your back end has to be able to move the puck for you. Smitty can move the puck.”

vCash
    Can we do random drug tests on Mike Babcock please.

vCash
    Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
    Tatar-Helm-Franzen
    Nyquist-Weiss-Alfredsson
    Miller-Abdelkader-Cleary
    Andersson

Just saying!!

vCash
    Chelli's speech was 15 mins? Is that common? Seems long

vCash
    ugh my stream is Nashville announcers.....this guy is putting me to sleep

vCash
    I just got home and noticed it's tied. How have they looked so far?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast