Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2014: Who to retain, who to add.

2014 is right around the corner.. Hopefully Kobe and Pau can be re-signed at discounted rates.

Given that we dont deal anyone on or after the trade deadline, Who do we retain, and who (UFAs) do we add next year? Ive got 9 players on my list.

Kobe - $15, 2 year contract
    Pau - $7m, 2year contract
    Nash - 2015 UFA

Bench:
    Hill - Will have the highest demand
    Johnson - Vets Min
    Young - Vets Min
    Meeks/Henry - Vets Min
    Farmar - Vets Min

Other vets min options:

Emeka Okafor/Kris Humphries - Good inside presence, we could use their defense & rebounding. Best possible option should Jordan Hill walks. (fingers crossed)

Danny Granger/Mike Miller/Trevor Ariza - Take it or leave it. Could be legit starters at minimum rates

Ben Gordon - Should Meeks or Henry walks, he could be a great spark off the bench

Steve Blake/Luke Ridnour/Mo Williams -Decent shooting and playmaking

2014 Main target:

Eric Bledsoe - Rajon Rondo could be had in 2015, heck, even Kyrie Irving. We could wait and take the risk on both of them or try to lure in Eric Bledsoe. He would definitely look great in Purple and Gold. Could be the legit Hollywood point guard for years to come.

Question is: How much?

Pau-Hump-Sacre
    Hill-Johnson-Kelly
    Granger-Young
    Kobe-Meeks-X
    Nash-Blake-Farmar
    Last edited by Mave1002; 11-19-2013 at 12:42 AM.

vCash
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Lakers don't dictate who they get to keep next year. The market and the new CBA determines everyone's fates next year.

vCash
    Nash : we dont have any other option but to eat his contract and is actually better have him be a good tradeable expiring that go the " retirement" route and have him still count against the cap and get nothing back in return.

Kobe: Scenario 1 We dont get anyone in F.a 1 year 25 million deal with the condition of signing back in 2015 for the MINIMUM
    Pau: Scenario 1 Se dont get anyone in f.a 1 year 15 million deal with the condition of signing back in 2015 for the mínimum.

Hill: for = or < 4 millón a year if not to hell.

Scenario 2 for kobe and Pau, We actually manage to get something out of the F.a this year and need to keep capsapce for 2015, then
    KObe = or < 10 Million a year or get the **** out
    Pau =or < 5 million a year or get the **** out.

The rest can all go suck someones feet somwhere else.

vCash

2014: Who to retain, who to add.

What's the fascination with granger? I don't get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mpiccard661 View Post
    What's the fascination with granger? I don't get it.
    With granger we would be an Oden, bogut or bynum away from having the most DNP for injury starting five in the league next year, Nash, Kobe, Granger, Pau, Oden/bogut/bynum

That would be around 200 Missed games for the 2014-2015 season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    With granger we would be an Oden, bogut or bynum away from having the most DNP for injury starting five in the league next year, Nash, Kobe, Granger, Pau, Oden/bogut/bynum

That would be around 200 Missed games for the 2014-2015 season.
    I really love this team right now. I don't care that we're underdogs. We hustle and we play basketball the way it's meant to be played. We don't have primadonnas on the team and each player is sacrificing. With Kobe and Pau back and keeping the majority of the role players we have right now, while adding ONE or TWO mid-level free agent targets... that would catapult us to the next level, in my opinion. For instance, I'd love to get Deng on the team. I think he'd do wonders under D'antoni. If somehow we'd be able to get Bledsoe too?...that would be incredible.

C-Pau, Kaman
    PF-Hill, Wes Johnson
    SF-Deng, N. Young
    SG-Kobe, Meeks,
    G-Bledsoe, Blake

vCash
    flip kaman to a defense oriented center
    someone on the PF position
    Deng for SF, i agree

vCash
    @AlexKennedyNBA

The Los Angeles Lakers are currently leading the NBA in bench scoring. Their second unit is averaging 46.9 points per game
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    Kobe will stay, there's no question about it, I would like to keep Hill (there is not much more energy/talented players like him around the league) Young and Farmar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    @AlexKennedyNBA

The Los Angeles Lakers are currently leading the NBA in bench scoring. Their second unit is averaging 46.9 points per game

If only Pau can dominate the post again. The Lakers need Kobe, Nash and Pau to produce. Until then, the Lakers will be a lottery team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    @AlexKennedyNBA

isnt it one of the cheapest bench?

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    isnt it one of the cheapest bench?
    That's the best thing about our bench. Everyone (except for Kaman and Hill) are working under minimum rates.

Next year, We can get Kobe for $15m, Pau for $8, Bledsoe for $8, and eventually Kevin Love for the max.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    That's the best thing about our bench. Everyone (except for Kaman and Hill) are working under minimum rates.

Next year, We can get Kobe for $15m, Pau for $8, Bledsoe for $8, and eventually Kevin Love for the max.

That is not enough.

If we want to win a ring we need a younger first option and second option and have kobe and pau being third and fouth, or at least X first, kobe second, x third, pau fourth.

We are not winning Jack with Kobe 1st, pau 2nd or Kobe 1st x 2nd pau 3rd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post

Bledsoe for 8? I'm sure that will happen....

vCash
    I would like to see 2 athletic bigs on the floor at all times, ala 4 Jordan Hill types similar to what Indiana has done with Hibbert, West,and Scola.. If we can have that and somehow have Melo, Kobe, and Bledsoe... I think we'd have alot of success.. At the 4/5 I have J Hill, Okafur, Blatche, maybe somehow trade up for Pek, Gortat, or Nene..