Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Should Rodgers be put on IR?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 17.86%
  • No

    23 82.14%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 167
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dubuque, IA
    Posts
    1,711
    vCash
    1500

    Put A-Rod on IR?

    I enjoy some good debate so I want to pose something that'll make a lot of people mad and call me an idiot, but I think we should put A-Rod on IR. My reasons?

    1. Let him heal fully without potentially reaggrevating the same injury
    2. We're not going to make the playoffs. Let's all accept that. Why finish 9-7, miss the playoffs, and get a 20th + draft pick when you can finish 6-10 and get a top 12-15 pick? We need to position ourselves to draft an impact player on defense because we have more holes than swiss cheese and we don't sign free agents so getting a draft pick that can be an impact right away is much more likely with a higher pick.

    Perhaps the decision will be easier after this weekend when our defense makes Ponder look like Montana and AP like...well MVP AP and we lose yet again. An 0-5 November looks very realistic at this point.


    Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    17,705
    vCash
    4550
    I would only consider this if we lose next week and if he doesn't come back for the Lions game and we end up losing to them too. But we all know Rodgers wants to play again and i doubt MM or TT would say no to him.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dubuque, IA
    Posts
    1,711
    vCash
    1500
    I respect Rodgers desire to compete, but when you have nothing to compete for, what's the point? Even if Rodgers comes back, our D will give up 40+ to Detroit and we won't match that. Calvin Johnson had 379 versus Dallas, if Detroit wanted to match that, I have no doubt he could post most yards versus our secondary. If I'm him, I have that game circled on my calendar. National TV. On Thanksgiving. Versus a pathetic D and even more pathetic secondary, his fantasy projections should be 30.1 for the week.


    Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by aokmaster View Post
    I respect Rodgers desire to compete, but when you have nothing to compete for, what's the point? Even if Rodgers comes back, our D will give up 40+ to Detroit and we won't match that. Calvin Johnson had 379 versus Dallas, if Detroit wanted to match that, I have no doubt he could post most yards versus our secondary. If I'm him, I have that game circled on my calendar. National TV. On Thanksgiving. Versus a pathetic D and even more pathetic secondary, his fantasy projections should be 30.1 for the week.
    NO my reasons;

    1. we aren't quitters
    2. we can still win the division
    3. MM will have Tolzien on a short leash vs vikes
    4. we can beat the vikes
    5. ARod should be back for Detroit, and he can put up 40+ heck Flynn can and has!
    6. tanking it for picks is stupid, losers do that
    7. if our d continues to suck changes will be made, either coaching players free agents or all of the above... TT ha done it before and will again if need be.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dubuque, IA
    Posts
    1,711
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GB Football Fan View Post
    NO my reasons;

    1. we aren't quitters
    2. we can still win the division
    3. MM will have Tolzien on a short leash vs vikes
    4. we can beat the vikes
    5. ARod should be back for Detroit, and he can put up 40+ heck Flynn can and has!
    6. tanking it for picks is stupid, losers do that
    7. if our d continues to suck changes will be made, either coaching players free agents or all of the above... TT ha done it before and will again if need be.
    I call it protecting our franchise. We have $150 million invested in a guy whose going to try to over do it and rush back from an injury. Our OL embarassing. EDS is rated in the bottom 5 for centers, Barclay is below average at best with Newhouse backing him up (he shouldn't be in the NFL). If he comes back for Detroit, he'll get hurt again, mark that one down. Fairley / Suh and company will destroy our line with just 4 guys. If A-Rod doesn't go on IR, at least hold him out against the Lions. Let us drop to 5-7 then reevaluate at that time.

    what over haul type changes have we really made to our defense? just stock pile more low round draft picks and draft below sized and average talents?


    Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,112
    vCash
    1500
    Lets see how these next two weeks go. If we lose the next two, then I'm fine with IR'ing him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,169
    vCash
    1500
    Just watched Aaron on the Larry McCarren show and he says he hasn't ruled out playing on Sunday yet.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    210
    vCash
    1500
    it was a long time ago but Pickett and Woodson were his first and last, he won't get away with never doing it again... it will happen, he's stubborn not stupid... you are also assuming we loose against the vikes, you can't make those IR decisions until after you've been eliminated, we can beat both with Flynn, and I think we will, furthermore if our D doesn't stop the bleeding the coaches will start playing others to see what we have, and some of those boys can play, we were better with injuries it appears...sometimes younger guys are hungrier, I believe the leash is short.... this team tend to rally when their back is against the wall, I can't agree with you because I still have hope

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dubuque, IA
    Posts
    1,711
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Just watched Aaron on the Larry McCarren show and he says he hasn't ruled out playing on Sunday yet.
    Saw that too. Doesn't matter what Rodgers wants. McCarthy and the doctor's have the final say. If McCarthy is ALREADY naming Tolzein the starter, he's not going back on that. I know what TT and MM are thinking; "we have to at least be able to beat the VIKINGS with a terrible QB and swiss cheese defense." They'll gamble here. Hold Rodgers out at least another 4-5 days with Thanksgiving looming and pray they catch lightning in a bottle and are able to score 20 points in a game and have a defense not look like they'd lose to the Jags.


    Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dubuque, IA
    Posts
    1,711
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GB Football Fan View Post
    it was a long time ago but Pickett and Woodson were his first and last, he won't get away with never doing it again... it will happen, he's stubborn not stupid... you are also assuming we loose against the vikes, you can't make those IR decisions until after you've been eliminated, we can beat both with Flynn, and I think we will, furthermore if our D doesn't stop the bleeding the coaches will start playing others to see what we have, and some of those boys can play, we were better with injuries it appears...sometimes younger guys are hungrier, I believe the leash is short.... this team tend to rally when their back is against the wall, I can't agree with you because I still have hope
    I agree about Pickett and Woodson, but those were both pick ups a LONG time ago. I agree he's not stupid, but he believes his way of creating teams is superior to anything else and he won't change that. So we will continue to only build through the draft. Flynn likely won't play a down unless we get down a ton versus the Queens this weekend. To me, when you replace undersized guys who don't force turnovers with back ups who too are under sized and don't create turnovers, the end result is more of the same. It's not that I don't have 'hope' I'm all for hope, I just look at the realization of what this team is right now. Bottom 3 defense in the NFL with a team last in the NFL in red zone TD's and a back up QB starting who wasn't on the team a little over a month ago. The 'realist' part of my brain out matches the 'hope' part. it's a blessing and a curse.


    Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by aokmaster View Post
    I agree about Pickett and Woodson, but those were both pick ups a LONG time ago. I agree he's not stupid, but he believes his way of creating teams is superior to anything else and he won't change that. So we will continue to only build through the draft. Flynn likely won't play a down unless we get down a ton versus the Queens this weekend. To me, when you replace undersized guys who don't force turnovers with back ups who too are under sized and don't create turnovers, the end result is more of the same. It's not that I don't have 'hope' I'm all for hope, I just look at the realization of what this team is right now. Bottom 3 defense in the NFL with a team last in the NFL in red zone TD's and a back up QB starting who wasn't on the team a little over a month ago. The 'realist' part of my brain out matches the 'hope' part. it's a blessing and a curse.
    all valid points, but I think a change in TT's draft plan is looming, he's gonna shock and awe us all one of these day's, realistically it doesn't look great for us, but until the vikes beat us I just can't think it's a good idea, and even then if it happens, my optimistic self will say 10-6, we'll win out! it's just who I am...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    4,502
    vCash
    1500
    Holy ****!!!!! You all are stupid as ****! Put Rogers on ir!?!? Were one game outta first in nfcnorth! Before he went down people were talking about how were goig to run the table. Now our playoff chances are basically done?? Do you guys even remember what made you love football?? Jesus Christ. Put the best players on the field, entertain the fans. None of this ir for picks or any bs like that. He might even be back in 2 weeks
    Last edited by jerellh528; 11-18-2013 at 09:45 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,884
    vCash
    1500
    If McCarthy told Rodgers he can't play the rest of the season because we're giving up on the season, Rodgers would kick him in the nuts and demand a trade to the Vikings. And I would applaud him.


    This isn't what we do. We're the Green Bay Packers. Luckily we're not run by our fair weather fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,884
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by aokmaster View Post
    Saw that too. Doesn't matter what Rodgers wants. McCarthy and the doctor's have the final say. If McCarthy is ALREADY naming Tolzein the starter, he's not going back on that. I know what TT and MM are thinking; "we have to at least be able to beat the VIKINGS with a terrible QB and swiss cheese defense." They'll gamble here. Hold Rodgers out at least another 4-5 days with Thanksgiving looming and pray they catch lightning in a bottle and are able to score 20 points in a game and have a defense not look like they'd lose to the Jags.
    Yeah if the doctors on Friday said Rodgers is cleared to play he'd be like ahh shucks Aaron, I already promised everyone Scott Tolzien would play.

    Lay off the crack pipe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,884
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GB Football Fan View Post
    NO my reasons;

    1. we aren't quitters
    2. we can still win the division
    3. MM will have Tolzien on a short leash vs vikes
    4. we can beat the vikes
    5. ARod should be back for Detroit, and he can put up 40+ heck Flynn can and has!
    6. tanking it for picks is stupid, losers do that
    7. if our d continues to suck changes will be made, either coaching players free agents or all of the above... TT ha done it before and will again if need be.
    The difference between like 8-10 slots in the mid rounds of the draft isn't worth giving it a shot to make the playoffs. Or worth being a bunch of giving up asshats who just instituted a "just give up" losers culture into their team.

    This entire premise sickens me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •