Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dolphins playoff picture.

Current week I give the favorite team the win.

Future week I predict who I think will be the favorite team and I give them the win

Predict = predicted final win total for each team based on remaining games and predicted W-L

N.Y. Jets-6-7 (predict 7-9)

@CAR- L
    CLE- W
    @MIA- L

MIA-7-6 (predict 8-8)

NE- L
    @BUF- L
    NYJ- W

PIT- 5-8 (predict 6-10)

CIN- L
    @GB- L
    CLE- W

SD- 6-7 (predict 7-9)

@DEN- L
    OAK- W
    KC- L

BAL- 7-6 (predict 7-9)

@DET- L
    NE- L
    @CIN- L

TEN- 6-7 (predict 8-8)

ARZ- W
    @JAX- W
    HOU- W
    Last edited by Plague; 12-08-2013 at 06:49 PM.

vCash
    Jets won't finish 8-8... By pulling Geno last week they created a mess. Anyone who is even slightly familiar with NY media knows what that means even if the backup only plays slightly better than the starter it's a qb debate. Sanchez might even sound goot to Jets fans after that debacle on Sunday. The kid will crumble. I would be more concerned about the Ravens. They hold the tie breaker and their schedule we have no control over. I still believe this team can beat the Jets both times. But Baltimore can play with anyone so they are rarely out of games
    Last edited by leroyp33; 11-18-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: bluhahah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leroyp33 View Post
    Jets won't finish 8-8... By pulling Geno last week they created a mess. Anyone who is even slightly familiar with NY media knows what that means even if the backup only plays slightly better than the starter it's a qb debate. Sanchez might even sound goot to Jets fans after that debacle on Sunday. The kid will crumble. I would be more concerned about the Ravens. They hold the tie breaker and their schedule we have no control over. I still believe this team can beat the Jets both times. But Baltimore can play with anyone so they are rarely out of games
    I think the problem is every team that is playing for that last spot could easily go in the tank and you could justify all of them for not going 8-8.

I thought the Jets looked terrible against the Bengals, but the week before they beat the Patriots and then after getting absolutely getting clobbered by the Bengals they came back and beat the Saints, then they get crushed by the Bills. After week 2 all but 1 of the Ravens games the winner has won by 3 points or less. The Ravens record could be all over the place but its 4-6, they are a team that could go on a run but they also could easily go in the tank. I just cannot see the Ravens winning 9 games unless the Bengals sit key players the last game of the season.

I also believe we could beat the Jets both games, but just as easily we can lose both games. The Dolphins have in my opinion not shown any consistency this season and we have not had a win yet where I can say we really beat that team, 4 of our 5 wins was still in doubt with 2 minutes left in the game, the only game with 2 minutes left that I felt like we were surely going to win was Cleveland but we did not crush them, I did not feel comfortable with that game until the 4th quarter was half way over.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-18-2013 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    It comes down to Mia, Baltimore, Pitt, and Jets. Jets will probably finish 8-8, Pitt will finish 7-9 or 8-8, and Ravens will finish 7-9 or 8-8. Meaning we have 2 games we can drop and still win the spot. Those two games will more than likely be Carolina and NE. We probably can't beat PIT because they are more physical than us but they are inconsistent (just like us.) And sweeping the Jets? It's a possibility but doubtful. As for the bills, to be honest we looked a lot better than them last game. We allowed them to get up 14-0 in the first quarter then outscored them 21-6 before the sack-fumble that cost us the game. This one is on the road though and with Manuel. We'll see but that's a winnable game.

The problem with predicting our schedule is our inconsistency. If we click then I honestly think we can beat almost anyone outside of Denver or the Saints. I mean we were crushing the Pats in NE and dominating in all phases of the game until we decided to suck. If we beat Carolina than I think that really changes things in our favor. I think we lose, doesn't mean the end of our season so it's not really a win or die situation but winning certainly makes things easier.

I think the Ravens will end up sneaking into that spot in the long run but we definitely have a shot. I mean if you want to be overly optimistic, we win out and then the division is within grasp. If the pats drop the game tonight against a hot Carolina team then loses against Denver then we beat them we'll be tied at 11-5 at the end of season. And then that'd all depend on tie-breakers and what not. Still a lot of football left.

vCash
    Well I just read that we are 4-0 against the Panthers. Maybe we're their Houston Texans and we just have their number even if they are the superior team.

vCash
    Its going to come down to MIA and NYJ for that last playoff spot imo. I just don't envision PITT, SD, BAL or TENN outlasting their schedules.

I think MIA has a little tougher schedule than NYJ, but it comes down to the two head to heads still left. I think MIA can take both from NYJ, and it all comes down to Geno vs. our D and Tanny vs. their D. Their secondary is more awful than ours, and their front seven has been just as inconsistant as ours. Obviously though I think their front seven would beat our current O-line consistantly, meaning Tanny has to be prepared for the quick slants and screen passes. But all in all I would take Tanny throwing to Hartline, Wallace, Mathews and Clay against their secondary over Geno throwing to Hill, Holmes,Cumberland against our secondary.
    Both game are going to be ugly offensively, so I expect some low scoring games. But I really do think that the Phins can win both . . . they actually should win both.
    If we can take NYJ x2, BUF, PITT . . . we win the last wildcard. I see no reason for MIA not to be in those games (barring injuries). But I really see us being a trap game for CAR next week . . . for some reason I think MIA wins against CAR.

vCash
    The sixth seed playoff pretender spot is currently occupied by the -85 NY Jets.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    If we make it into the 6th seed spot I think things could happen for us. I don't think we're going to beat KC or Denver when it comes to that but I think we can beat Colts, Pats, or Cinci. Once you make into the dance anything can happen.

vCash
    I am tired of losing, I will be happy if we can just make the playoffs. If we make the playoffs that means we had a good finish to the end of the season and I can have a few weeks of enjoyment and hope for next season.

vCash
    Let's just look at the next 5 games. I don't think its unrealistic for us to lose to CAR, beat the Jets and Pitt, lose to NE and beat Buff. That puts us at 8-7 going into the last game at home vs the Jets. Even if the Jets managed to win every other game and be 9-6 going into the finale, we beat them and we finish ahead of them due to our 2 wins against them. In this scenario at 9-7 we should be in. All that would prevent it is if one of the other 4-6 teams runs the table which is unlikely or if Balt goes 5-1 down the stretch which is a little more likely. So my conclusion - root for the Jets to beat Balt this week. Our loss to Balt could haunt us. We need them to lose a few games. We have games against the Jets. No matter what happens we must beat the Jets on 12/1 to have any chance.

vCash
    Its fine if we lose to Carolina. They're a good team and it doesn't kill our season. It's a good thing we have an extra day to prepare than they do and it's in our house. Another positive is that they didn't run the ball effectively against the Pats, hopefully that continues and Cam has to beat us with his arm. It'll be tough but like I said we've never lost to Carolina, would be quite a statement if we beat them.

vCash
    I know this sounds so homerish it's disgusting but I think we beat the Panthers. Besides our O-line which is gonna be a disadvantage no matter who we play. I like what I see. Wheeler, Ellerbe and Wake have the speed to contain Cam. Grimes playing against a guy around his own size will seem like a cakewalk in comparsion to the relative giants he's usually forced on. And Carolina's secondary is not impressive. The issue is can our patch work o-line gel enough offer a sembelance of pass protection... hopefully they will.

vCash
    You never know which cam your going to get.

Sugar Ray Leonard whooping on Floyd Mayweather Sr.

vCash
    my projections:

N.Y. Jets-5-5 (predict 7-9)

@Balt- L
    MIA- L
    OAK- W
    @CAR- L
    CLE- W
    @MIA- L

MIA-5-5 (predict 8-8)

CAR- L
    @NYJ- W
    @PIT- W
    NE- L
    @BUF- L
    NYJ- W

PIT- 4-6 (predict 6-10)

@CLE- W
    @BAL - L
    MIA- L
    CIN- L
    @GB- L
    CLE- W

CLE- 4-6 (predict 5-11)

PIT- L
    JAX- W
    @NE- L
    CHI- L
    @NYJ - L
    @PIT- L

SD- 4-6 (predict 6-10)

@KC- L
    CIN- L
    NYG- W
    @DEN- L
    OAK- W
    KC- L

BAL- 4-6 (predict 7-9)

NYJ- W
    PIT- W
    MIN- W
    @DET- L
    NE- L
    @CIN- L

TEN- 4-6 (predict 7-9)

@OAK- L
    @IND- L
    @DEN- L
    ARZ- W
    @JAX- W
    HOU- W

OAK-4-6 (predict 5-11)

TENN-W
    @DAL-L
    @NYJ- L
    KC- L
    @SD-L
    DEN- L

BUF- 4-7 (predict 7-9)

BYE
    ATL - W
    @TB- L
    @JAX- W
    MIA- W
    @NE- L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    my projections:

N.Y. Jets-5-5 (predict 7-9)

@Balt- L
    MIA- L
    OAK- W
    @CAR- L
    CLE- W
    @MIA- L

MIA-5-5 (predict 8-8)

CAR- L
    @NYJ- W
    @PIT- W
    NE- L
    @BUF- L
    NYJ- W

PIT- 4-6 (predict 6-10)

@CLE- W
    @BAL - L
    MIA- L
    CIN- L
    @GB- L
    CLE- W

CLE- 4-6 (predict 5-11)

PIT- L
    JAX- W
    @NE- L
    CHI- L
    @NYJ - L
    @PIT- L

SD- 4-6 (predict 6-10)

@KC- L
    CIN- L
    NYG- W
    @DEN- L
    OAK- W
    KC- L

BAL- 4-6 (predict 7-9)

NYJ- W
    PIT- W
    MIN- W
    @DET- L
    NE- L
    @CIN- L

TEN- 4-6 (predict 7-9)

@OAK- L
    @IND- L
    @DEN- L
    ARZ- W
    @JAX- W
    HOU- W

OAK-4-6 (predict 5-11)

TENN-W
    @DAL-L
    @NYJ- L
    KC- L
    @SD-L
    DEN- L

BUF- 4-7 (predict 7-9)

BYE
    ATL - W
    @TB- L
    @JAX- W
    MIA- W
    @NE- L
    I actually think Oak will beat Tenn this weekend but in my projections I give the favorite team this weekend the Win which was Tenn, and in future weeks I project the winner by giving the home team the benefit of the doubt. After this weekend I will make new projections based on the same formula.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast