Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tolz or Flynn?

vCash

Tolz or Flynn?

I agree that Tolz has exceeded expectations when he transitioned from practice squad to starter but I don't know if he deserves to start over Flynn. Flynn is apparently over the elbow injury and is obviously familiar with our offense. I love how Tolz isn't afraid to stretch the field but after about 10 throws he reminds us how raw and inexperienced he is. Flynn prob doesn't have as much arm strength but his experience in the packers system may make him a safer bet.

Who would you start and who do you believe the packers will role with going forward? Also has anyone heard an update on Rodgers return date. Fingers crossed for thanksgiving!

vCash
    I would start Tolzien but if he turns it over in a close game I would strongly consider putting Flynn in

vCash
    I don't know how well Flynn has been able to reintegrate himself into the Packers system. Yes, he has been there before but, I think he was even asked about it not long after he signed and said something to the effect of yes, a lot of it is coming back to him but, he still has to learn some of the new terminology and that the run game is completely new to him.

I think Tolzien has been doing surprisingly well but, has made some key mistakes. I hate comparisons but, I think he has the whole Brett Favre mentality, throw it up there my receivers will make a play and I think thats when he throws the pick. I am not gonna count the JPP pick as a complete mistake that was just an awesome athletic and lucky move by him to get that pick.

so as to answer your question I am gonna go with what Cheese said and go with Start Tolzien if he ***** the bed then you put Flynn in.

vCash
    If Flynn is healthy obviously him, I don't even see how this is a question. Flynn has proven he can win games for us, as he has done in the past and do it in a big way. Tolzien has shown flashes and good throws, but honestly I don't feel he should be playing in an nfl game that counts for at least another 2 yrs or so even as a backup.

vCash
    I think Tolzien has done some nice things, but at the end of the day he needs to be a game manager. Well in less than two full games he has 5 interceptions and 1 touchdown. That isn't game management. I'd bring in Flynn because I think he can be a game manager.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Tolz's deep ball has been great at times... gotta go with Flynn though if he's healthy.

vCash
    Speaking Monday, coach Mike McCarthy named Scott Tolzien the Packers' Week 12 starter at quarterback.
    Related: Scott Tolzien
    Source: Tyler Dunne on Twitter Nov 18 - 4:16 PM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Speaking Monday, coach Mike McCarthy named Scott Tolzien the Packers' Week 12 starter at quarterback.
    Related: Scott Tolzien
    Source: Tyler Dunne on Twitter Nov 18 - 4:16 PM
    I'm for it. I like Tolzien as a backup

vCash
    Tolzien.
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    If Flynn is healthy obviously him, I don't even see how this is a question. Flynn has proven he can win games for us, as he has done in the past and do it in a big way. Tolzien has shown flashes and good throws, but honestly I don't feel he should be playing in an nfl game that counts for at least another 2 yrs or so even as a backup.
    You do know that Flynn has won a total of 1 game as a Packers starter right? Tolzien has the higher upside and bigger arm.

vCash
    This game is a must win and although I'm rooting for Tolzien and hope he does great things i think we should still go with the player who gives us the best chance of winning and that person is Flynn. If we don't win this game Detriot will win the division for sure.

vCash
    Where did the rumor of his arm being healed come from? Everything I read was the opposite. It still has issues but they were in such dire straights it was good enough.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Duplicate post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackersJunkie View Post
    You do know that Flynn has won a total of 1 game as a Packers starter right? Tolzien has the higher upside and bigger arm.
    We don't need upside right now, what we need is a guy who can get us a damn w. And that's Flynn. Tolzien can be the #2 next year and I'll be fine with that. But right now we can't lollygag on potential or a "bigger arm". Our playoff chances are slipping away with each loss. Flynn provides us a better chance, If even with his experience. He hardly makes dumb decisions.

vCash
    How does anyone know how Flynn is right now? everyone assumes he's Mr 6 TDs every game still or something...

Sorry if I don't want to play a new QB every week anymore. Stick with Scott. He's shown enough to deserve it.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast