Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Basketball Report: Celtics would accept trade for Amar'e Stoudemire

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...are-stoudemire

ESPN reports that the Boston Celtics, as they continue to field but remain unreceptive to offers for Rajon Rondo, are willing to make a deal with the Knicks for a player on a big contract: Amar'e Stoudemire.

Chris Broussard ✔ @Chris_Broussard
    Follow
    While C's not moving Rondo, they would take back Amare in deal n which they could unload longer deals of Gerald Wallace &/or Courtney Lee
    8:54 PM - 17 Nov 2013

The move would be a short-term win and a long-term loss for the Knicks. Getting out from under Stoudemire's deal has good parts, but it's only partially guaranteed for next season. Meanwhile, Wallace and Lee are fully guaranteed until 2016. So if you're the Knicks, this team gets better, but you lose the ability to clear space to add another star next to Carmelo Anthony in 2015, a big part of the Knicks' pitch to Melo this summer when he's a free agent.

So the Celtics are basically offering to be the Knicks' panic trade partner, but unless Boston decides to include Vitor Faverani or another big, it doesn't do New York much good.

However, it's notable that the two teams continue talking.

Stoudemire's been unable to stay on the floor and has been frustrated with Mike Woodson's minute restriction on him, while averaging three points and two rebounds in just ten minutes of play per game.

vCash
    Unless Boston throws us their 1st round pick (via Nets), then I wouldn't do the trade. Boston basically wants to shed salary. I would do this trade straight up, but this trade would impact our 2015 free agent flexibility. A 1st round pick would entice me.

vCash
    We got to get a third team involved and make this happen or just take Gerald Wallace and play small ball and with him & Artest we would matchup real good with Miami

vCash
    this team needs a second star and getting two more contracts makes that impossible, so no deal, unless Rondo is part of the package, and it appears unlikely so no deal

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash

Courtney Lee -- maybe
    Gerald Wallace -- hellllllll no
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    this team needs a second star and getting two more contracts makes that impossible, so no deal, unless Rondo is part of the package, and it appears unlikely so no deal
    If we're not trying to move Melo or Chandler, then we don't have the assets. Bargnani and Shumpert is the best we have at this point.

vCash
    No room for Lee and I don't want Crash.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickVeteran View Post
    If we're not trying to move Melo or Chandler, then we don't have the assets. Bargnani and Shumpert is the best we have at this point.
    Free Agency.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    This just goes to show you what other organizations think of this front office. Like, that sort of lowball insulting offer actually seems feasible to them, because they've seen how easily this FO is manipulated and **** on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    This just goes to show you what other organizations think of this front office. Like, that sort of lowball insulting offer actually seems feasible to them, because they've seen how easily this FO is manipulated and **** on.
    Pretty much. Amare for these two would be ********. It kills us in the long term and doesn't really do anything in the short term either. We don't need another shooting guard and Gerald is an overpaid role player in this stage of his career; who's probably one injury away from being done
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Remember when we were shedding contracts? Jordan Hill and #1's for Tracy McGrady and all that? If we take on BS contracts like those we need stuff.

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I'd do it if we get a third team to take two players.

I'd like to see this:

Amare to Boston

Humphries & Turkoglu to New York

Crash & Lee (19 PER) to Orlando

works
    Last edited by 6deep; 11-18-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I agree!

vCash
    Reading this thread makes me realize that the loud noise I heard was the window being slammed shut. What an 'effin mess. We went from "flawed" last season to being totally screwed this year. I shudder to think of what asinine deals Dolan and his cronies have up their sleeves.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    SAW THIS IN THE CELTICS FORUM:

Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    Rondo/Wallace/Lee for Stoudemire/Shumpert/Felton is almost a perfect match, cap wise

EDIT: correction - Knicks can trade away their 2017 1st as they have two 1st in 2016

And I'm not so sure that we should use Rondo just as a tool for a cap dump. Shumpert's a good player, but there's really no point in dumping cap if we aren't going to use it. Rondo is the best player on this team and has the most trade value by far.
    IS THAT TRUE?

We have 2 x 2016 Picks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast