Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Cowboys or Giants?

This Sunday the Cowboys play the Giants. Who would you like to see win?

Giants win - Both the Giants and the Cowboys will be 5-6, one game behind the Eagles - but the Giants will be on a 5 game winning streak after starting out 0-6.

Cowboys win - They will be 6-5, the same record as the Eagles but in first place. The Giants, at 4-7, will probably be finished.

If they tie then the Cowboys will be 5-5-1 and the Giants will be 4-6-1 - but this is unlikely.

Not as easy of a pick as it may seem.

BTW - The Redskins are at San Francisco on Monday night.

vCash
    I like to always be ahead so the Giants!!

vCash
    A tie would be awesome

but dallas is still our biggest threat until that changes, gotta root against the cowboys

plus its a lot more likely that we end up owning the tiebreaker on the giants than the cowboys
    Last edited by IgglesFanInCO; 11-18-2013 at 07:01 PM.

vCash
    wait why root for Dallas? we should want NY to win

vCash
    Who is imo the Eagles biggest rival?The Cowboys!Sure it's debatable but to me without question,I hate the Cowboys more than NY or Wash.

Go Gnats!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    wait why root for Dallas? we should want NY to win
    whoops ya i meant root against the cowboys

vCash
    I rather see the Giants win. Every time I see / hear someone say "How about them Cowboys" I just want to destroy something beautiful

vCash
    Well let's take a look at this objectively....

Giants remaining schedule after they play: @Redskins, @Chargers, Seahawks, @Lions, Redskins

Cowboys remaining schedule after they play: Raiders, @Bears, Packers, @Redskins, Eagles

I would say that the Giants have a harder schedule because they play the Redskins on the road while they're still technically alive and three very good teams in the Chargers, Seahawks and Lions (2 on the road). While Aaron Rodgers will be back for the Packers, the Cowboys get a bad Raiders team at home and a Bears team that could be without Cutler. The Redskins will most likely be out of it by the time the Cowboys get them, and then that leaves their game with us.

I project the Giants going 2-3 down the stretch and the Cowboys going 3-2, so there's your answer, I'm rooting for the Giants. I think it's going to come down to the final game of the season with us and the Cowboys, with us coming out on top. I like us to go 3-2 down the stretch as well.

Final standings:

Eagles: 9-7
    Cowboys: 8-8
    Giants: 7-9
    Washington: Bad

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Idk I rather have cowboys win. Rather then us looking behind and worrying about both the giants and cowboys approaching us from the behind Id rather just deal with a tie with the cowboys, plus we have a game still to play and there not that good.

I'm going for less competition

vCash
    I'm hoping for an NFL first. Both lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    Well let's take a look at this objectively....

Giants remaining schedule after they play: @Redskins, @Chargers, Seahawks, @Lions, Redskins

Cowboys remaining schedule after they play: Raiders, @Bears, Packers, @Redskins, Eagles

I would say that the Giants have a harder schedule because they play the Redskins on the road while they're still technically alive and three very good teams in the Chargers, Seahawks and Lions (2 on the road). While Aaron Rodgers will be back for the Packers, the Cowboys get a bad Raiders team at home and a Bears team that could be without Cutler. The Redskins will most likely be out of it by the time the Cowboys get them, and then that leaves their game with us.

I project the Giants going 2-3 down the stretch and the Cowboys going 3-2, so there's your answer, I'm rooting for the Giants. I think it's going to come down to the final game of the season with us and the Cowboys, with us coming out on top. I like us to go 3-2 down the stretch as well.

Final standings:

Eagles: 9-7
    Cowboys: 8-8
    Giants: 7-9
    Washington: Bad
    I agree I hope giants win they basically have to win out WAS x2 plus SEA, DET, SD. Division are always coin toss most definitively going to lose to SEA.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Easy, go Giants.
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    Started from the bottom (30-42, June 1st)
    Now we're here! (92-70, End of Season)
    National League Division Series Champs

vCash
    Giants easy, the cowgirls could be playing a full nazi skinhead team and I would not root for them.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Giants. If the Cowboys win this game, that means all the Cowboys have to do is beat the Redskins and they will automatically have the tie breaker over the Eagles regardless if the Eagles beat the Cowboys down the stretch. A loss to the Giants very much puts the tiebreaker in play for the Eagles assuming they beat the Cowboys.

Assume the Cowboys lose to the Giants, beat the Skins, and the Eagles beat the Cowboys. That would leave the head to head 1-1 as the first tiebreaker. 2nd tiebreaker is division record which both would be at 4-2. It would then revert to the 3rd tiebreaker within the division which is common games played...

Currently the Cowboys have wins over Giants, Skins, Vikings with losses vs Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos,Lions for a 3-4 record. They have Giants, Raiders, Bears, Packers Skins remaining. Assuming as earlier a loss to the Giants the best the Cowboys can wind up in common opponents is 7-5 if they run the table after a Giants loss.

Eagles currently have wins over Skins, Giants, Raiders, Packers, Skins and losses vs Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos, Giants for a 5-4 record. They have the Lions, Bears, and Vikings remaining.

As you can see, that is very much in play.

After that you have conference record. Assuming the Cowboys beat the Raiders, they would have identical conference records.

Then it gets difficult as it would go to strength of victory, so on and so forth.

vCash
    This should not be a question lol ... EVERYONE ROOT FOR THE GIANTS !

Lets say it like this ... Hey would you rather be ahead if the division by a game ? OR you can be tied ?

Hmm that's a tough one lol , WAKE UP BOYS ! LETS GO GIANTS
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast