Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Angry Chicago Blackhawks Weekly IGT - 11/19/2013 through 11/30/2013 ~ CIRCUS TRIP EDITION!

---------------------------------------------

@

Chicago Blackhawks (14-3-4) at Colorado Avalanche (14-5-0)
    When: Tuesday; November 19th, 2013
    Time: 8:00PM
    Where: Pepsi Center; Denver, CO
    Channel: CSN

@

Chicago Blackhawks (14-3-4) at Winnipeg Jets (10-10-2)
    When: Thursday, November 21st, 2013
    Time: 7:00PM
    Where: MTS Centre; Winnipeg, Manitoba (CA)

@

Chicago Blackhawks (14-3-4) at Vancouver Canucks (11-8-3)
    When: Saturday; November 23rd, 2013
    Time: 9:00PM
    Where: Rogers Arena; Vancouver, British Columbia (CA)
    Channel: WGN

@

Chicago Blackhawks (14-3-4) at Edmonton Oilers (5-15-2)
    When: Monday; November 25th, 2013
    Time: 8:30PM
    Where: Rexall Place; Edmonton, Alberta (CA)

@

Chicago Blackhawks (14-3-4) at Calgary Flames (6-11-3)
    When: Wednesday; November 27th, 2013
    Time: 9:00PM
    Where: Scotiabank Saddledome; Calgary, Alberta (CA)
    Channel: WGN

@

Chicago Blackhawks (14-3-4) at Dallas Stars (11-7-2)
    When: Friday; November 29th, 2013
    Time: 7:30PM
    Where: American Airlines Arena; Dallas, TX

@

Chicago Blackhawks (14-3-4) at Phoenix Coyotes (14-4-3)
    When: Saturday; November 30th, 2013
    Time: 7:00PM
    Where: Jobing.com Arena; Glendale, AZ

vCash
    So, I haven't had time to watch other teams, but I was looking over the league standings. Is the West really that much better than the East? Right now, 8 of the top 10 teams in points are from the West.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    So, I haven't had time to watch other teams, but I was looking over the league standings. Is the West really that much better than the East? Right now, 8 of the top 10 teams in points are from the West.
    I don't get to watch a ton of other teams either, but the short answer is yes. The west is stacked right now. I'm sure it will even out some over the course of the year but the west is better.

vCash
    Should be a fun game to watch tonight. Avs have given the Blackhawks plenty of issues in the recent past (ended the streak last year)...and that was when they weren't considered a "good" team. I still think the Avs fall back a little, but they are playing an exciting brand of hockey.

vCash
    This game has been pretty rough to watch thus far. Defensive breakdowns and Crawford just getting beaten around. ouch.....
    It's That Time of Year Again.......
    BEAR DOWN!!!

vCash
    It's amazing how lucky Colorado is getting right now..

vCash
    Colorado is a SOLID team, they have been slowly getting better the past couple of years. They are going to be a force to deal with for a while, especially now being in the Hawks division.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Rough loss last night. Blackhawks deserved to lose (didn't capitalize) but the score really wasn't indicative of how close of a game it could have been.

vCash
    SOG vs. G in this game is unbelievable. I didn't get to sit and watch until 2nd period, down 3-0 at that point, and then 4-0 shortly thereafter. Looked like defense was lacking last night. Hopefully they can pull it together after that loss.

vCash
    NHL.COM
    http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/pre...vid=sb:preview

Team Scope:

Blackhawks: Just as it does every November, the circus has come to Chicago, and just like it does every year that means the Blackhawks are leaving for an extended road trip. Chicago opened its annual circus trip against Colorado on Tuesday night. Unfortunately for the Blackhawks, the visit to one of their biggest competitors for the Central Division crown wasn't a pleasant one, as Chicago lost 5-1.

It was a particularly rough game for goalie Corey Crawford, who was pulled in the first period after surrendering three goals on seven shots.

"It was a tough game right from the start," defenseman Brent Seabrook said. "I thought we gave a good push back in the second period. For the whole second period it was a pretty good period and we had some chances there and we just couldn't capitalize."

The loss could be a damaging one in the standings for Chicago, which remains in first place, but has played two more games than both Colorado and the St. Louis Blues, who are within two and one point of the Blackhawks, respectively. The Blackhawks have six more games on the circus trip, which will eventually take them through western Canada and the southwest United States.

Jets: Winnipeg has been playing some of its best hockey of the season of late. The Jets are 4-1-1 in their past six games, a stretch that includes impressive wins against the San Jose Sharks and the Detroit Red Wings among others, but that winning streak is still a tenuous one. Each of Winnipeg's past three wins came in the shootout, meaning the team's current run of success could easily have been an extended slump.

The Jets found out what it was like to be on the flip side of that coin in their most recent game Monday night, losing to the Calgary Flames 5-4 in a shootout. Despite the loss, the game was still a victory of sorts as Winnipeg managed to steal a point when forward Bryan Little scored to force overtime with 5.6 seconds remaining in regulation.

"We'll take the one [point]," coach Claude Noel said. "It's not ideal, but that's what we'll take."

Shootout or no, the Jets have one regulation loss in their past six games, and the run has pulled them out of the basement of the Central Division, where they've struggled to keep pace despite playing .500 hockey to this point in the season.

vCash
    Another nice bounce back game. Blackhawks seem to have the Jets' number this year with 3 pretty decisive wins.

Defense has been a bit shaky and I really think that Crawford needs a rest. Rozsival has been up and down big time this year. Last year I think he was a big reason why the Blackhawks won the cup - as he really solidified the defense in a big way. This year he has been very noticeable...for both good and bad. Would like to go a game without noticing him (atleast in a bad way) because that probably means he is doing his job as the #6.

Did read that Kostka is skating again. With the Blackhawks up against the cap, I'd be surprised to see them keep 8 dmen at the NHL level. I thought Kostka played pretty well in his limited time - so it should be interesting to see what is done with him.

vCash
    A couple of nice wins without Hossa. Apparently he will be back on Weds.

vCash
    Raanta getting the green light in Calgary - lets hope he shows Q that he can be a good backup and the BULINxperiment can end.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Raanta was solid. Would like to get a nice 5 to 10 game sample of him to see if he belongs at the NHL level yet. Kaner is playing out of his mind. I hope the Hawks can find a way to keep both Toews and Kane when their contracts are up.
    Cutlerized

vCash
    NHL.COM
    http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/pre...vid=sb:preview

Team Scope:

Blackhawks: After a week north of the border the Blackhawks are finally heading back to the United States following a sweep of the four Canadian teams in the Western Conference. Chicago's circus trip always a challenge, and this season's seven-game trek is no different, but the Blackhawks have answered the call admirably, winning four straight games since dropping the opener in Colorado on Nov. 19.

Chicago goalie Antti Raanta earned a victory in his first NHL start, a 3-2 win against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday.

"I thought he played really good," said forward Patrick Kane, who scored the winning goal with 18 seconds left in regulation. "Both goals he didn't really have a chance on and made numerous saves that he's not really expected to make, but at the same time, he made them. They were big for us. He was our best player tonight for sure, 100 percent and nice to see a start like that out of him, especially his first NHL start. I know he was excited and it seems like he has a bright future, for sure."

After visiting Dallas, the Blackhawks will finally wrap up their longest road trip of the season against the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday night.

Stars: There may not be a team suffering from tougher luck in the NHL than Dallas. Were the Stars in either division in the Eastern Conference they would be in the thick of the postseason chase, but in the ultra-competitive Central Division they're sitting in last place despite having won 12 of 23 games.

The Stars have had two days off after blitzing the Ducks for five third-period goals in a 6-3 win. Dallas trailed 2-1 entering the third period before scoring four unanswered goals to take control of the game. The win also came on a rare day off for No. 1 goalie Kari Lehtonen, who has put up impressive numbers while starting 17 of the Stars' 23 games -- and 14 in a row before Tuesday night.

"As I said the day before it's not the physical thing, it's the mental burn that is really tough," coach Lindy Ruff said at practice Wednesday. "You have to prepare mentally every day and the day before a game. Sometimes if you have that two or three days before a game where you are not preparing it keeps you a lot fresher."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast