Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

If the Texans lose to the Jag's...

In a world of hypotheticals here... because we're pretty much out of anything concrete to hold on to.

...does Kub get the axe? (Did we make a mistake not pursuing Andy Reid in the off season?)
    ...does Schaub get the axe?
    ...could Tebow-Time in Houston become a reality? (temporary contract to finish out the season as a trial?)

Raising Jersey's first, trophies and banners next...

vCash
    Yes, yes, and please God, please no. I don't think I could handle all the calls about how Tebow is the future

vCash
    Keenum is the local tebow, and a better player so no
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    Ya see, I can't be soooo quick to dismiss the idea. Being a "black-balled" player really doesn't give you the opportunity to learn a system, develop into a major-league player. The exact same thing happened to Jimmer Fredette in Sacramento.

If he keeps his faith out of the way and focuses just on football, he (Tebow) might actually DO something useful in the NFL, and to be honest, since we're a stone's throw chance in hell of being respectable this year, it's a minimal investment risk worth taking.

Raising Jersey's first, trophies and banners next...

vCash
    I'm not against signing him as a backup, I like Tim tebow. But Keenum has played great in general. No reason to not play him
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    So do yall think Keenum has a future here?

vCash
    I was not sold on Keenum in preseason or from all the hype... However watching him play the last few weeks and go 7-1 and help manage games, and atleast not lose them for us.... I dont see how the front office cant give him a chance....

1st round pick QBs are such a gamble, and bringing in a rookie really wouldnt do anything for us. Our offense isnt a spread type or a run first QB offfense, and all other QBs would be to much of a risk...

For everyone 1 Andrew Luck, there is 5 David Carrs and Akili Smiths

vCash
    If we lose to the Jags, I'd guess we'd be in a good spot for the first pick and if that happens I'd take a QB

vCash
    What is with the Tebow talk? He is not better then Yates, He is not better then Schaub and he is not better then Keenum. Let's lay that to rest.

If the Texans lose to the Jags, which may very well happen, its not a bad thing we would be closer to the number 1 overall pick. This is a deep draft and with that being said I hope we beat the brakes off the Jags.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Odb_welfare.jpg

vCash
    IF the o-line doesn't give Keenum time its going to be a long day. Nice kick by Bullock he really sucks.

vCash
    I am almost wanting to lose games now. Get a shot at Bridgewater or Mariota. Or hell, Clowney if we at least think Chase can compete for the position next season, and then take Mettenberg or whatever his name is in round 2, if we take Matthews or Clowney first.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    So we would now have the #1 pick if the season ended today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    So we would now have the #1 pick if the season ended today
    does anyone see more than 2 more potential wins?

It is a strong draft for top picks, and lots of QB depth. The stars on this team haven't played awful, we are just in shambles with mistakes, and not making the other team make mistakes.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I would go with a combo of Clowney and AJ McCarron over Bridgewater and whoever. I really think its time to let Kubs go and start fresh and bring in a new philosophy to the team. I am not saying that a new coach will make the Texans SB champs but something needs to be done.

vCash
    Dear God I'd quit rooting for the Texans if we draft mccarron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast