Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

I'm appauled that Jamari Lattimore isn't starting or playing and that Marshall Newhou

First off I'm appauled that Jamari Lattimore isn't starting anymore since Brad Jones has come back. And probably even more appauled that he doesn't even see the field anymore on the defensive side of the ball. It didn't take a genius to realize that he was OUR BEST defensive player during our 4 game win streak. I was actually giddy watching the guy. He snuffed out some screen passes, stuffed the run. Not just make tackles, but stuff some plays for losses Mr. A.J. Hawk. Maybe you should watch some of his game film. Now Brad Jones comes back, and nothing against Brad but he just isn't right. He quite frankly has played horrible for two straight weeks. And I actually like Brad. After the Baltimore game, Baltimore's linebacking core and defensive side of the ball was impressed with how intense and aggressive this young man was. Really, Baltimore? The team that others would use as an example to match their tenacity. Is this a case of money? The fact that we paid Brad a big contract and cut Desmond Bishop because of it.

There was some bad plays yesterday on both sides of the ball. But the thing that just got me absolutely wild was a DESIGNED run play to the right side of the field. And our RT, Mr. Marshall Newhouse never layed a finger on anybody on that particular play. Our back got devoured for a loss. He more or less had to get out of the way to not block anybody. Yes, missed blocks or assignments happen, but move on and atleast block somebody. Then he did his famous turnstyle look at the guy laying on the ground after the play. Which is the same thing he did after a sack. If Derrick Sherrod is healthy enough to be active then he should have been in there. Marshall needs to be cut TODAY! Yes that's how bad he looked. I have not seen a guy look this bad in a long long time. And if Derrick wasn't ready then TJ Lang probably should have been slid over, but I know they don't particularly like doing that.

Those are my two biggest rants at the moment? Thoughts? Any more rants that are tearing in your guts?
    Last edited by cooters22; 11-18-2013 at 07:52 AM.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Anybody notice how bad EDS played too lol he was just thrown around like a rag doll. Dude is trash. Defiantly need to upgrade that position I'm the offseason.

vCash

vCash
    Maybe somethin like
    LT Bulaga, RG sitton, C lang, RG(FA) (draft choice) RT sherrod,bahk, Barclay open competition....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPack123 View Post
    Maybe somethin like
    LT Bulaga, RG sitton, C lang, RG(FA) (draft choice) RT sherrod,bahk, Barclay open competition....
    I would put Barclay at RG because he is a good run blocker and have Bakhtiari at RT
    LT: Bulaga
    LG: Sitton
    C: Lang
    RG: Barclay
    RT: Bakhtiari/Sherrod

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Cooters - I agree. I cannot fathom why Lattimore is not playing.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Bak at center?

vCash
    Yeah they need to get Lattimore on the field for Hawk. I completely agree. Jones is a stud and nearly looked back to himself this weekend but Hawk is average at best and that is being generous.

I like how all of you guys are forgetting about Tretter. He is this draft pick you speak of.

Norm you think they move Bakhtiari inside? He has done alright this year and he is just a rookie. I expect to see him at Tackle another season at least to see if he develops into what they believe he can be. Seems like he was drafted to be a Tackle anyway.

Next year I really like the depth on the OL. OT- Bulaga, Sherrod, Bakhtiari, Barclay. Interior- Sitton, Lang, EDS, Tretter, Barclay.

At the very least I like EDS as a backup at all 3 spots. I hope Tretter can start but I won't be disappointed if he manages to win the starting spot. I really like Barclay on the interior too. Maybe that is because I don't want to see him outside anymore though.

vCash
    I could honestly see next year the line being something like

LT Bahktiari
    LG Sitton
    C Tretter
    RG Lang
    RT Bulaga

vCash
    Anybody notice how bad EDS played too lol he was just thrown around like a rag doll. Dude is trash. Defiantly need to upgrade that position I'm the offseason.
    I once saw a play of Reggie White literally beating Tony Mandarich on the back of the head and leap frogging him him. I saw Cullen Jenkins dang near do the same thing yesterday. Almost as if he pulled his jersey over his head (as if he were in a hockey fight) and went right over him. I couldn't agree with you more. His play yesterday was definitely my next rant and rave. Thanks for bringing it up.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Slide Lang over and play who at guard?
    ANYBODY, honestly could not be worse than Newhouse. Marsahall played worse than I ever thought even he possibly ever could have. I don't have a clue at the moment who our backups are on the line. Doesn't matter because couldn't be worse than Newhouse. Sherrod should have been put in.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Maybe somethin like
    I honestly think Bahtiahari will be our LT of the future. I also think Barclay may stick at RT. Neither have been that bad. I also think Bulaga has a chance at being a great G and Lang could be a very good C. My line next year I think will be:

LT: Bakhtiari
    LG: Sitton
    C: Lang
    RG: Bulaga or Barclay
    RT: Barclay or Bulaga

Competition with Bulaga and Barclay for those two positions. I also think Sherrod should be given every chance to earn a spot. But with potential for him to be top backup at every position besides center.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    ANYBODY, honestly could not be worse than Newhouse. Marsahall played worse than I ever thought even he possibly ever could have. I don't have a clue at the moment who our backups are on the line. Doesn't matter because couldn't be worse than Newhouse. Sherrod should have been put in.
    I'm calling MM's statement that he expects Sherrod to play this year as a bluff. I just don't see it. He only started practicing a couple of weeks ago after almost two years off. Highly doubtful that he's in shape enough and has had enough repetition to be game ready. I think the only reason he's on the roster(as opposed to IR) at this point is because they know if he doesn't at least get some practice time and sits out another full season, he's done.

vCash
    Ok my next rant would be that Jerell Worthy is ready to play. Yes, from the outside looking in we seem stacked at that position. But honestly Pickett and Raji just aren't getting it done at the moment. I was a fan of his in college. I didn't think he offered much last year, but lets see what he's got.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    Ok my next rant would be that Jerell Worthy is ready to play. Yes, from the outside looking in we seem stacked at that position. But honestly Pickett and Raji just aren't getting it done at the moment. I was a fan of his in college. I didn't think he offered much last year, but lets see what he's got.
    the only bad part about that is who do we cut to bring him back onto the roster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast