Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Jets fan POV

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    969
    vCash
    1500

    Jets fan POV

    Hey guys. Just wanted to give you my take after watching yesterday's game. You guys are truly missing randy miss right about now. A guy like Stephen hill would do wonders for your squad.
    A WCO WR that is fluent in the entire route tree, Stephen Hill is not, so he isn't fitting our offense. Watching the 49ers offense this year, I can't help but to think how perfect Hill would be in your offense. Last year you guys would run an aging Randy Moss out there just simply to blow the top off the defense with 9 routes. They rarely looked his way but defenses still respected his speed. This opened up the middle of the field for Crabtree and Davis. You guys are desperately missing that this year. Hill would provide yall that, plus good blocking. In our offense, he is pretty much useless.
    NY JETS fan since 2001

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,606
    vCash
    1500
    Possibly. I still think our issue is at OC and QB. Our OC just doesn't seem to know how to utilize our players.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    5,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Possibly. I still think our issue is at OC and QB. Our OC just doesn't seem to know how to utilize our players.
    Like I said, you are in the minority regarding the receivers. I'll give you a decade and you name 3 WR's for the 49ers to collect 1000 yard seasons. These days in a passing league 1000 yard seasons aren't hard. You just need 60 yds/game.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    11,122
    vCash
    1500
    Ninerhomer will emphatically agree about the Hill comment.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,168
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo:27432638
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Possibly. I still think our issue is at OC and QB. Our OC just doesn't seem to know how to utilize our players.
    Like I said, you are in the minority regarding the receivers. I'll give you a decade and you name 3 WR's for the 49ers to collect 1000 yard seasons. These days in a passing league 1000 yard seasons aren't hard. You just need 60 yds/game.
    Keep in mind that nobody is saying the WRs are great. We're just tired of using the excuse that because they don't have an elite WR corps that CK is blameless for the last ranked passing offense.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,606
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Keep in mind that nobody is saying the WRs are great. We're just tired of using the excuse that because they don't have an elite WR corps that CK is blameless for the last ranked passing offense.
    Thank you!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    5,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Keep in mind that nobody is saying the WRs are great. We're just tired of using the excuse that because they don't have an elite WR corps that CK is blameless for the last ranked passing offense.
    You might want to read the top post. This is about WR's... I'm sure there is a blame Kap thread.

    Kap is plenty to blame. He runs this offense. If the offense fails which its doing, it falls on the OC & QB first and foremost.

    His 2 minute offense ability is ****ing garbage. It's not even HIGH SCHOOL worthy. Him running out of bounds late, means his brain is turned off. His pocket presence is like Jim Everett. Actually worse than Everett. And his accuracy is like Donovan McNabb. I've tweeted several times today ripping Kaepernick to him. How awful he was... calling a timeout when he doesn't have one wreaks of a loser like Chris Webber.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Now
    Posts
    17,660
    vCash
    1500
    It is funny how badly we could use old man Moss.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    17,092
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Keep in mind that nobody is saying the WRs are great. We're just tired of using the excuse that because they don't have an elite WR corps that CK is blameless for the last ranked passing offense.
    It's not an excuse for how Kap is playing, the talent level of the WRs is just not good period. If you have an All-Pro QB who can make WRs look better then you can get away with a starting line up of Boldin/Williams/Baldwin like we had early in the year, but we don't have that guy. As an offense we need every WR that sees the field to be better than average, maybe even better than good right now. Hell during NFL Gameday yesterday morning the fact that we have nobody at WR that scares defenses came up a couple of times.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,606
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    It's not an excuse for how Kap is playing, the talent level of the WRs is just not good period. If you have an All-Pro QB who can make WRs look better then you can get away with a starting line up of Boldin/Williams/Baldwin like we had early in the year, but we don't have that guy. As an offense we need every WR that sees the field to be better than average, maybe even better than good right now. Hell during NFL Gameday yesterday morning the fact that we have nobody at WR that scares defenses came up a couple of times.
    Issues with CK came up also. You are pretty much saying "b/c CK sucks, we need better WRs to mask that"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    17,092
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Issues with CK came up also. You are pretty much saying "b/c CK sucks, we need better WRs to mask that"
    So if a QB is not playing good, having better WRs would be a bad thing? I've been saying for awhile now that Kap's play is not good and isn't improving, I'm not sure why this has to turn into a Kap thing when its about the WRs.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,606
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    So if a QB is not playing good, having better WRs would be a bad thing? I've been saying for awhile now that Kap's play is not good and isn't improving, I'm not sure why this has to turn into a Kap thing when its about the WRs.
    I think our WRs are fine. Especially when we know they're getting open, but not getting the ball.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Now
    Posts
    17,660
    vCash
    1500
    I think you have valid points Nutty.

    Our WRs may not constitute an elite or even above average group but they're not last in the league bad. Sure Kap may be handcuffed some plays with no openings, but he misses open guys all the time (Vernon was wide open early in the game on a completed underneath pass to Boldin).

    They're serviceable enough for an average NFL QB.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,606
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    I think you have valid points Nutty.

    Our WRs may not constitute an elite or even above average group but they're not last in the league bad. Sure Kap may be handcuffed some plays with no openings, but he misses open guys all the time (Vernon was wide open early in the game on a completed underneath pass to Boldin).

    They're serviceable enough for an average NFL QB.
    Yes, totally agreed. Think "serviceable" is a good term for them.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,483
    vCash
    1500
    I just think with the way CK is playing, he needs quick passes. His pocket awareness is horrible. He needs to get the ball out within 2 seconds. If he's back in the pocket any longer than than he freaks the **** out and runs into trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •