Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen hill

vCash

Stephen hill

Did this guy even suit up for the last 4 weeks or so? My goodness where are you bro? I still got faith in you but come on. We need you. No type of separation in today's game.

vCash
    no reason for this to be a new thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steve4x4 View Post
    no reason for this to be a new thread.
    No reason for you to comment in it then..

On topic..

He has been really disappointing and I don't get why.. Maybe he is just not getting targeted? Is he still hurt? He doesn't seem that fast to me and defiantly can barely get seperatio.

vCash
    We need to design more plays to him. That simple. He's uncoordinated and looks like bambi half the time after he makes a catch but he's our most athletic player and when he gets the ball, he usually does something relatively ok with it. We have to focus in on him more.

He's not a good football player yet but he should be seeing way more touches.

vCash
    People bust Kerley's balls when Mr. Hill here hasn't lived up to expectations as a #2 WR. The guy has been transparent out there and cannot create separation with his speed and make plays... That or his QB can't get him the ball which one is it boys??? Hmmm???

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    People bust Kerley's balls when Mr. Hill here hasn't lived up to expectations as a #2 WR. The guy has been transparent out there and cannot create separation with his speed and make plays... That or his QB can't get him the ball which one is it boys??? Hmmm???
    The fact that Kerley hasn't lived up to expectations has nothing to do with Hill. Both have been less than expected.

Statistically, Kerley and Hill are having very similar seasons, but it seems like the ball is thrown Kerley's way more often. The odd stat in this is targets, because Hill has more targets than Kerley this year, but that's a deceptive stat due to location of the receiver. When Kerley is targeted, it's usually toward the middle of the field.

Here's an example. One ball was thrown Hill's way yesterday (that I noticed), yet the ESPN stat sheet shows that he had 7 targets, meaning all those balls thrown out of bounds or thrown away are counted as targets for the wideout since he's the closest receiver to where the ball lands.

So the question is...is Hill just not getting open, or is Geno not finding him. I was at the Steelers game, and Hill was wide open on 3 or 4 separate plays when Geno threw to a different receiver in coverage. It's harder to tell on TV, so I don't know if the Steelers game is the norm or an exception.
    Last edited by Mr. Magoo; 11-18-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Hill has been very disappointing. I have always been a supporter of his and a fan of his measurables. But at some point he needs to show up and produce.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    The lad cant get the ball if it doesnt get thrown to him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    The lad cant get the ball if it doesnt get thrown to him...
    Bu he also struggles to get open against press coverage. He still doesn't run great routes and IMO doesn't fight for jump balls well. And he's just been MIA since week 3. Great receivers make sure they get the ball thrown to them by winning their match ups. I don't know if Hill does that on a consistent basis.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Hill needs more plays designed for him. The OC needs to take advantage of his strengths and use him like D. Thomas was used for his first couple of years in Denver. Hill needs to run mainly 9 routes, curls, and screens to take advantage of his speed. Nothing will change if plays aren't designed for him because Geno isn't good at going through him progressions yet.

vCash
    Answer me this, when was the last time Geno threw a catchable pass to him? Like some said we also don't utilize him right at all. I think he's still really banged up and that it's affected his performance over the last few weeks, but he's still a huge work in progress like we all knew he would be when we drafted him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    We need to design more plays to him. That simple. He's uncoordinated and looks like bambi half the time after he makes a catch but he's our most athletic player and when he gets the ball, he usually does something relatively ok with it. We have to focus in on him more.

He's not a good football player yet but he should be seeing way more touches.
    Spot on. Ok I see now. Hopefully Marty designs more plays for him.

vCash
    No one busts JKerley's balls, we just call it as it is, even if you don't want to admit how average he is.

As far as SHill goes, teams seem to play on top of him, because they don't fear anything or anyone else on offense. As much as I like what MWeg can bring to the table, his offense must find a way to free up WRs.

I think it's time to stack WRs with crossing routes, it's an easy way to free up a WR, and one way I don't see the Jets currently trying to do so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27:27435065
    No one busts JKerley's balls, we just call it as it is, even if you don't want to admit how average he is.

As far as SHill goes, teams seem to play on top of him, because they don't fear anything or anyone else on offense. As much as I like what MWeg can bring to the table, his offense must find a way to free up WRs.

I think it's time to stack WRs with crossing routes, it's an easy way to free up a WR, and one way I don't see the Jets currently trying to do so.
    I hear you but Hill just don't have it that's all. He never Looks back at geno he just runs forward like a decoy all the time. I think he's getting cut and we'll be spending money/ drafting alot of wr/te this offseason

vCash
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 4h
    Rex Ryan said he will consider removing Stephen Hill from starting lineup. #nyj
    Twitter: SteveMcG87

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast