Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Sources: Celtics, Knicks Discussing Shumpert-Rondo Trade

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...-iman-shumpert

Knicks want Rondo for Shumpert and Stoudemire (makes $45 million between this year and next, FA in 2015). Celtics want to dump Wallace and Lee on the Knicks, reportedly.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Rondo/Wallace/Lee for Stoudemire/Shumpert/Felton is almost a perfect match, cap wise

Double EDIT: I was right the first time, first pick we could get from the Knicks would be in 2018

And I'm not so sure that we should use Rondo just as a tool for a cap dump. Shumpert's a good player, but there's really no point in dumping cap if we aren't going to use it. Rondo is the best player on this team and has the most trade value by far.
    Last edited by xnick5757; 11-18-2013 at 04:15 PM.

vCash
    Celtics are not discussing Rondo at all...to anybody. Knicks want Rondo...have been interested in him for quite a while...and are shooting ideas against the wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forty6and2 View Post
    Celtics are not discussing Rondo at all...to anybody. Knicks want Rondo...have been interested in him for quite a while...and are shooting ideas against the wall.
    Keep all options open... No guarantee DA gives Rondo another big deal, so might as well listen to all offers... Especially from teams who future 1st's may be well worth it...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Here is what I think:

1. Rondo is hurt, teams are buzzing around hoping to get him on the cheap. DA isn't buying any of that.

2. DA will wait and see on Rondo. If Stevens says he's the best thing since sliced bread he's going nowhere, if Stevens is more luke warm, or DA gets a crazy deal, or Rondo's arrival affects team wa - then he's liable to be dealt.

If it turns out to be this NY deal as the main driver as I said last night on the NBA Forum, we should add in Bass to those 3, and 6.7M I think it is of PP's exception, and get back a '17 1st rounder (bottom 5 protected). By '17 I think the Knicks will be garbage, and that pick could be top 6-12. Also by adding Bass we get more playing time for the younger guys and we'll certainly suck bad enough to finish in the bottom 8 as a bonus to strengthen our pick this year, and oh yeah, we have some expiring coming off to do things with.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Not happening. The only deal that could happen between NYK/BOS is one without Rondo.

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...-iman-shumpert

Knicks want Rondo for Shumpert and Stoudemire (makes $45 million between this year and next, FA in 2015). Celtics want to dump Wallace and Lee on the Knicks, reportedly.

Thoughts?

I would want multiple draft picks also....including this year's unprotected from the knicks!
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    I would want multiple draft picks also....including this year's unprotected from the knicks!
    I thought Denver had NY's 2014 1st round pick. Then they traded their 2016 1st rounder in the Bargnani deal. Wasn't it because of Dolan that NBA made the rule that teams can't trade 1st rd picks in consecutive years? Earliest 1st rounder they could trade next is 2018.

I want a 2014 lottery pick in any potential Rondo trade.

....and Wallace to be involved somehow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Are you trying to be serious? An injured, emotionally labile Rondo isn't worth that. Even when he comes back with us dumping contracts on them you won't get two #1's. One? Yes.

The NYK #1 with a healthy Rondo isn't going to be in the lottery.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    I want a 2014 lottery pick in any potential Rondo trade.
    Then we won't deal him. No team with a lottery pick needs a moody PG that's got less then 2 years of control. Rondo in 2 of his last 3 years wasn't even a top 10 PG in the NBA. The third year maybe #8. He's fragile, coming of an injury he may not be a 100% from until 2014-2015. You overvalue Rondo.

vCash
    Knick fan here, happened to see this trade being discussed in the forum. What if the Knicks gave you Chandler instead of Amare, plus threw another young player in to try and make the salaries work? Deal would look something like this:

NYK gets: Rondo, Lee, Wallace
    BOST gets: Chandler, Felton, Shump, THJR.
    Last edited by strahan92osi72; 11-18-2013 at 11:41 AM.

vCash
    I could see DAnny leaking the idea of trading Rondo to get a feel of what his value is. I am NOT stating that has happened here. Just that it might have happened and would be good business to do so.

Not sure why DAnny would be interested in making ANY trade now. As the trade deadline approaches, maybe. Draft night, "probably". But it behooves DAnny to be patient right now. Let the season unfold a bit. See where NEED arises and if the Celtics cannot help fill it with some of the "assets" they would like to dump.

That begs the question of where on a priority list of assets they would like to dump would we find Rondo? I'm pretty sure he is not on top of that list. Maybe in the top half? Maybe not, if you decide to believe DAnny.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Here is what I think:

1. Rondo is hurt, teams are buzzing around hoping to get him on the cheap. DA isn't buying any of that.

2. DA will wait and see on Rondo. If Stevens says he's the best thing since sliced bread he's going nowhere, if Stevens is more luke warm, or DA gets a crazy deal, or Rondo's arrival affects team wa - then he's liable to be dealt.

If it turns out to be this NY deal as the main driver as I said last night on the NBA Forum, we should add in Bass to those 3, and 6.7M I think it is of PP's exception, and get back a '17 1st rounder (bottom 5 protected). By '17 I think the Knicks will be garbage, and that pick could be top 6-12. Also by adding Bass we get more playing time for the younger guys and we'll certainly suck bad enough to finish in the bottom 8 as a bonus to strengthen our pick this year, and oh yeah, we have some expiring coming off to do things with.
    knicks cannot trade their 2017 first

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    knicks cannot trade their 2017 first
    No? Fine 2018, or 2019, or 2020, or 2016.

vCash
    DA will always listen to any type of deal...but I'm almost certain Rondo , if moved, will be more toward the deadline. I also believe Danny would jump at the chance to deal Wallace and Lee for Amare and Shumpert but might have to include big V to get it done as the Knicks lack bigs right now.

I am more excited about the Nets first round picks awarded to the C's ( '14, '16, '18 ) because if anybody that has watched the Nets don't look as good ( its early ) and KG and Pierce look like father time is catching up fast.

So DA has plenty of options.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast