Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Blank backs Smith and TD

Falcons owner and chairman Arthur Blank spoke to the media briefly outside the locker room shortly after the 41-28 loss to Tampa Bay, the Falcons’ third straight to move the team to 2-8 on the year. He took a moment to emphatically state his support of head coach Mike Smith, his staff and general manager Thomas Dimitroff.

“I do, yeah,” Blank said when asked if he had confidence in his team leaders, “and they’ve earned it in the last five years. This is a tough business. We’ve had a lot of injuries and there have been a lot of other issues on top of the injuries, and that’s pretty obvious, but these guys are proven leaders and proven by success and proven by their records. They speak for themselves.

“They’ll do the work that has to be done with my full support.”
    Doesnt look like we will be getting our wish with Blank saying this.

http://blogs.atlantafalcons.com/2013...ith-dimitroff/

vCash
    All this means is their in-season job is safe. This could change when we're 2-14/3-13 and the team is playing worse than an injured championship caliber team.

vCash
    Yes but i really think it says way more than jusy in season job security. It sounds to me it means they deserve a season to correct them selves because of what they done for this team the last 5 years. Everyone knows this is a lost season, including Blank, so he knows it is no correcting this season. I hope i am wrong, but that is how it sounds to me.
    Last edited by dee279; 11-17-2013 at 08:30 PM.

vCash
    According to several sources familiar with the situation, Smith, who won more games over the previous five years than any coach except the New England Patriots' Bill Belichick, has been told personally by Blank he'll return for the 2014 season, regardless of how miserable this one turns out. Not surprisingly, general manager Thomas Dimitroff -- a two-time NFL Executive of the Year who hired the previously unheralded Smith shortly after taking over in 2008 -- is also safe.
    -Michael Silver

vCash
    Well, I still want Gruden for Head coach,, He's proven himself for sure!