Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Danny DeKeyser ROTY?

Yes Danny DeKeyser is considered a rookie right now, and his numbers speak for themself. He's currently tied for 8th in points with all rookies, forwards included. He logs the most ice time besides Seth Jones and is second in rookie defenseman points to Torey Krug.

DeKeyser's currently at 22 minutes a game. 9 points and +5. He's now been given time on the PP, and has really boosted that second unit. He was getting around 18 minutes a game before Jonathan Ericsson went down. So keep that in mind during the average.

DeKeyser logged 26 minutes last night, and Ericsson 25. Kindl had 13:30 and Lashoff 14. Quincey was also around 24 minutes. We've finally got a top four.

So with DeKeyser's minutes incrasiing, his PP time, we should see his numbers continue to improve. We could see games where the minutes go the top four and Lashoff and Kindl less and less.

Tomas Hertl is at 18 points in 20 games. His numbers should continue to drop.
    Torey Krug is at 12 points in 20 games but he averages under 18 minutes a game.
    Seth Jones is at 24 minutes and 7 points in 20 games. He's -7 though, and is playing with Shea Weber.

DeKeyser could leap above Ericsson this season. Has the best skating, and best stretch pass on the backend. More and more experience. Has been exposed once, in one game, his first as the #2D.

Do you guys think he gets nominated? Wins? What are his chances? To me, he's been the best rookie thus far. Anderson has been stellar in Anaheim but he's returning to the minors. Hertl's numbers are likely to be dropping shortly.

vCash
    I dont see why Hertl's numbers would drop that much. He still has I believe 12 goals on the season and were only a quarter of the way through. He will end up around 25-30 and that will get him ROTY. Lets face it forwards get it over D...

Brodin didnt even get nominated, so I find it hard to believe DDK will win it or be nominated.

vCash
    If Dekeyser keeps up how he's been playing offensively lately he certainly had a chance. Not gonna lie I thought that he'd just be a great #3 who didn't bring much offensively until a couple weeks ago. Now it looks like he certainly can be a top pairing defenseman.

vCash
    There is also Pirri of CHI, whom im pretty sure is rookie status. 11 points in 15 games, doesnt seem to be going anywhere. Unless DDK really starts putting up points I doubt it.

vCash
    Love this kid he would definitely get my vote he's developing a beautiful two way game.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    I dont see why Hertl's numbers would drop that much. He still has I believe 12 goals on the season and were only a quarter of the way through. He will end up around 25-30 and that will get him ROTY. Lets face it forwards get it over D...

Brodin didnt even get nominated, so I find it hard to believe DDK will win it or be nominated.
    Well I mean San Jose was scoring 50 goals in a 7 game stretch. He had 5 points in one game, 4 goals. Scoring is down back to normal for San Jose. His numbers have already dropped. I think he had 13 points after 8 games. He's got 5 in the next 12. He's going to drop.

Pirri, I can't see him winning it.

vCash
    Neither but I can see him being nominated. There really isn't any great rookies this year IMO.
    Hertl looks really good, I just don't know if DDK will put up enough points to get a nomination.

vCash
    Also Nichuskin is now receiving top 6 time (he started on the bottom two lines rotating out) has 8 points in 19 games and I believe is +6? He stays In that top 6 I could see him putting up a lot more points soon.

vCash
    6'4 kid from Dallas right? Helooked like a monster against Detroit. Great skating for that size. Doesn't have a terrific finish yet.

But I could see Danny DeKeyser at 37 points or so, +15, and 22:30 minutes a game to finish the season.

vCash
    His finish is terrific and he skates like a little player. I dont see 37 points for him maybe around 25-30. He wont get nominated unless above 40 imo.

Also if anyone is interesed Mantha is playing in Subway super series right now on a line with Drouin. http://chl.insinc.com/canadavsrussia/

vCash
    I'd love it if he did but I'm not sure he will. His game isn't as flashy as some of the other candidates and if this award is like other sports then flash is very important.

vCash
    Some don't even know he's a rookie, which is amazing. I think DeKeyser has #1 defenseman .50-60 PPG potential.

vCash
    I think his ceiling is a very good #2. His offensive game doesnt jump out at me enough to be a #1. His shot is not heavy enough and its not particularly accurate. He has a good outlet pass but doesnt move the puck especially well in the offensive zone. He is somewhere between Kronwall and Kindl imo.

vCash
    Kindl always shows flashes of a really good offensive game and then nothing really ever comes consistently. I have a feeling he'll pull a Hudler/Filppula if we let him go.

vCash
    Not me. I don't think Kindl is that great nor will he ever be. He's got nice moves, but a horrible shot. Can't be an offensive defenseman with a shot that bd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast