Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Sun-Times: Paul George's All-Star Backpedal

Paul George’s jump shot on Saturday night?

Well, not so good.

But his backpedal, now that was All-Star caliber.

Then again, a 110-94 loss and an end to a nine-game winning streak at the hands of the Bulls can be humbling.

It was after a 97-80 victory over the Bulls on Nov. 6 that the Pacers forward told NBA.com, “We want to step away from that shadow as the ‘little brothers’ of this division. [The Bulls’] success is the Michael Jordan era. This is a new age, this is a new team. It’s ours till they take it.”

The Bulls not only took it but smashed it and threw it in the trash, and afterward George ducked from it.

“That was completely taken out of context,” George said. “What I meant by that is … I agree what Derrick Rose said, it’s not a rivalry. We haven’t won a championship; the team to beat is Miami, of course. All of that was taken out of context.’’

Whether it was or wasn’t, like “little brother,’’ the Pacers have been poking at Bulls players the last three seasons. Now that the Pacers are 9-1 and the streak is over, Bulls forward Taj Gibson has some big-brotherly advice.

“Players are going to talk,’’ Gibson said. “The best thing to do in this league is just play your game, worry about your game. Don’t worry about talking trash, just play your game. We let our game talk for us. We don’t have time to get into battles of he said, she said.

“We just go out there and play.’’

That they did and from the beginning.
    http://www.suntimes.com/23804853-419...h-big-win.html

vCash
    Pretty much, he talked big but played small.

vCash
    I hope he didn't trip over his giant ego with all that backpedaling.

vCash
    His point was pretty obvious the first time...if he doesn't want to own it, fine, but I'm sure it won't be the last time we hear some idiotic trash talk from this Pacers team.

vCash
    it wasn't taken out of context whatsoever...it was as literal as it gets lol

that's politician level back pedaling.

vCash
    I really can't grasp why George's head got bigger. They still can't score and their only advantage is Roy Hibbert's size. George is not D.Rose caliber. Jimmy or Deng can play him one on one and limit his production. His not someone who demands double team.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=209452&type=sigpic&dateline=1385118807

vCash
    lol What a *****. Indiana will not win ****. Teams like Chicago will take advantage of their lack of having a point guard. Paul George is a good player but he can't run an offense especially when he'll have to deal with Deng and Butler.

vCash
    Paul George is very good but that's all he is. I think people have overblown his ability as a player a ton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'bulls View Post
    Paul George is very good but that's all he is. I think people have overblown his ability as a player a ton.
    Definitely.

He was putting up KD kind of numbers so far...did anyone really believe he was going to keep that up? I sure as hell didn't.

vCash
    Indiana had such an easy schedule to start the season. They let it go to their head.

vCash
    I'm really disappointed with PG. confidence is good but he has become annoying.

vCash
    I think the NBA community is starting to regard him as a top tier player and he's just not. I'm sorry. He's just not. Is he very good? Yes. Would I love him on the Bulls? Yes. Is he a D-Rose/KD level of a star? Not even close. Maybe someday he gets there but right now absolutely not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'bulls View Post
    I think the NBA community is starting to regard him as a top tier player and he's just not. I'm sorry. He's just not. Is he very good? Yes. Would I love him on the Bulls? Yes. Is he a D-Rose/KD level of a star? Not even close. Maybe someday he gets there but right now absolutely not.
    Saying he's not even close to D. Rose level may be a bit of an exaggeration. He's not on Rose's level but I don't think the gap is huge or anything. Plus it's really hard to say since we don't even know what Rose is gonna look like once he gets his rhythm back and shakes the rust off just as we don't know what PG is gonna look like at the end of the year when his numbers drop a little.

vCash
    Agreed - out of all of these guys, who would you take ahead of Paul George for this season alone (NOT for the future, just right NOW):

Lebron James
    Kevin Durant
    Chris Paul
    Derrick Rose
    Russell Westbrook
    Kevin Love
    Stephen Curry
    Tony Parker
    Kobe Bryant
    James Harden
    Dwight Howard
    Kyrie Irving
    Carmelo Anthony
    Anthony Davis
    Blake Griffin
    Tim Duncan
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Marc Gasol

may have missed a couple, but George is not a top-10 player in this league. Top-15? Yeah, I'd say so. But that's like having a prime Paul Pierce, not a prime Tracy McGrady.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Agreed - out of all of these guys, who would you take ahead of Paul George for this season alone (NOT for the future, just right NOW):

Lebron James
    Kevin Durant
    Chris Paul

Derrick Rose
    Russell Westbrook
    Kevin Love

Stephen Curry
    Tony Parker

Kobe Bryant
    James Harden
    Dwight Howard
    Kyrie Irving
    Carmelo Anthony
    Anthony Davis
    Blake Griffin
    Tim Duncan
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Marc Gasol

may have missed a couple, but George is not a top-10 player in this league. Top-15? Yeah, I'd say so. But that's like having a prime Paul Pierce, not a prime Tracy McGrady.
    I'd definitely take those guys over PG. Kobe, Anthony Davis, and Blake are really close. Kobe would be over him for sure if he wasn't coming off an achilles injury. We have no idea what he'll bring this year. AD is putting up monster numbers but is still a bit raw and playing out of position right now. I might put AD over PG but it's close as of now. Same with Blake.

I was never on the Howard train and he's personally one of my least favorite players of all time. Hate his attitude, hate his 'leadership' skills and I don't think the game and the team is the most important thing with him. Hard to win with 'superstars' like that. Kyrie still plays sub par defense and PG is one of the best in the game. Dirk and Gasol are still playing pretty well and a case could be made for them to be above PG but I didn't pick them this time. Maybe Dirk...it's close.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast