Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 143
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    20,795
    vCash
    1500

    What is going on with the Nets?

    Dark horse favourites to beat Miami and now they are here.

    Haven't watched any of their games, so why are they losing them?

    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    29,179
    vCash
    11933
    Nets are underrated. Nothing new there.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,535
    vCash
    833
    Deron isn't healthy. Kidd is still getting used to being a coach. Garnett/Pierce aren't the same compared to last year. I knew this was going to happen. They can't fulfill the maximum potential of each player. Having Joe Johnson/Pierce/Garnett/Brook/Deron out there at the same time leads me to believe that they just wasted a bunch of money having guys watch each other.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,832
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    Dark horse favourites to beat Miami and now they are here.

    Haven't watched any of their games, so why are they losing them?
    Garnett and Deron Williams ineffective, coach with no experience

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,564
    vCash
    1500
    havent watched much of them, but KG has SUCKED, they are old, and have a ton of new players, many of whom are aged, and will limp through the year. It's why I was hesitant to even give them much credit as a contender early.

    That being said, its 9 games in. It will be interesting to see if they can gel together, and get healthy. I just don't see the health part happening.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,014
    vCash
    1500
    Did do me favors get banned or something? He must be pissed haha
    <img src=images/smilies/applause.gif border=0 alt= title=clap class=inlineimg />

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,431
    vCash
    1500
    Chemistry. Will take Kidd at least half a season to get used to coach, if not more.

    Garnett hasn't done anything and Dwill's still getting back to shape (sprained his ankle vs Suns right when he was close).

    Just as I said to Illusionist who made the NETS ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL thread, we'll have to wait waaay more than <10 games to determine how this team will play. Pacers started 2-5 last season, we're 3-6.
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,458
    vCash
    1461
    I'm surprised so many people actually took them seriously going into the season.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    Chemistry. Will take Kidd at least half a season to get used to coach, if not more.

    Garnett hasn't done anything and Dwill's still getting back to shape (sprained his ankle vs Suns right when he was close).

    Just as I said to Illusionist who made the NETS ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL thread, we'll have to wait waaay more than <10 games to determine how this team will play. Pacers started 2-5 last season, we're 3-6.
    Yeah, in the east, slow starts don't matter as much. You can get a series on your HC by winning 45 games. So as long as they figure it out as the season goes on, they are fine. I just have zero confidence in their health.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    68,851
    vCash
    1500
    remember when i had them as a 6th or worse seed and got destroyed for it because I thought they were old/overrated and Kidd as a coach was stupid?

    Just saying

    I think the guy above me was the only one whom had my back because of their age and what not... Thanks Hawk

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    32,584
    vCash
    1500
    LOL at all the hype entering the season.

    These fools traded away half a century's worth of draft picks for two guys who were literally about to retire, and they hired a dude who just retired from playing as a head coach.

    They're old, and the only decent players they have are Deron and Brook Lopez.

    I'm not saying any of this because I'm a Knicks fan. The Nets might be in a worse boat than the Knicks considering the fact that they also suck but somehow managed to trade away even more assets than the Knicks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,458
    vCash
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    LOL at all the hype entering the season.

    These fools traded away half a century's worth of draft picks for two guys who were literally about to retire, and they hired a dude who just retired from playing as a head coach.

    They're old, and the only decent players they have are Deron and Brook Lopez.

    I'm not saying any of this because I'm a Knicks fan. The Nets might be in a worse boat than the Knicks considering the fact that they also suck but somehow managed to trade away even more assets than the Knicks.
    exactly.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    997
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    LOL at all the hype entering the season.

    These fools traded away half a century's worth of draft picks for two guys who were literally about to retire, and they hired a dude who just retired from playing as a head coach.

    They're old, and the only decent players they have are Deron and Brook Lopez.

    I'm not saying any of this because I'm a Knicks fan. The Nets might be in a worse boat than the Knicks considering the fact that they also suck but somehow managed to trade away even more assets than the Knicks.
    Wow your absolutely right i just googled it and the nets don't have a first until 2019 wtf...they must get it together for the next few years so those picks can be atleast non lottery

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    527
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    I'm surprised so many people actually took them seriously going into the season.
    I took them seriously

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    14,719
    vCash
    1500
    Right now they look like there is just too many of these guys who are shells of themselves. But luckily for them they play in DII, they'll get in the playoffs.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •