Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bold Predictions

We should have probably done this before the season began, but better late than never.

I want to hear one bold prediction for this 2013-14 Utah Jazz Season. Also tell us why you think it is feasible.

Here is mine:

Alec Burks will be traded

No matter how much you may like his athleticism and ability to get to the line, he simply can't shoot. He goes against the flow on offense and any assists he gets seem almost accidental. He doesn't play off the ball at all. I really feel like if he learned to cut without the ball he could be a better version of what Ronnie Brewer was for us, but through his time so far, he has shown no ability to do this. There is also a financial component to this that will occur in a year or two.

Alec is one of my favorite players on the team, but I just don't see it ever working for him here. I can see us receiving a veteran expiring contract and a pick in return for him.

vCash
    ^I can see it. Burks looks like a great sixth man at best.

vCash
    My bold prediction: the Jazz don't win a road game all season. 0 and 41 this year.

Not only have they lost every road game, in all but one they have not even been competitive on the road. They have struggled in the 4th quarter and don't have a scorer they can ride in crunch time.

vCash
    I predict that Gobert will be our only player at the All Star game. (Rookie game) This class is very week I think he has a good shot to be invited.

vCash
    Those are some good ones.

I predict the team will string together and improbably 5 game winning streak at some point in the season.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    the jazz look MUCH better when burke comes back. he won't be a savior, but man to have someone who can shoot, pass and defend would be awesome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic11 View Post
    My bold prediction: the Jazz don't win a road game all season. 0 and 41 this year.

Not only have they lost every road game, in all but one they have not even been competitive on the road. They have struggled in the 4th quarter and don't have a scorer they can ride in crunch time.
    Honestly I wouldn't be shocked. Crap we only won like 12 road games last year with a much better team

vCash
    Prediction, but not too bold: Biedrins doesn't hit a free throw as a member of the Jazz. He shot 5 of 22 the past two seasons (22%). I don't think he will get a lot of playing time, and even if he did I think he lost his confidence. He is just mailing it in for one more year and then he will retire. He is getting 9 million from us this year. That's probably more than all PSD Jazz fans combined, times 2.

vCash
    Fewer and fewer people come to the home games, until everyone could fit in the lower bowl and still have empty seats. People on this board get so depressed that there are on average 1 post every 2 or 3 days. Gordon Hayward thinks of some injury that will keep him out of this mess of a team. Jazz lead the league in TO's and points given up. Jazz have more D leaguers than anyone in the NBA on the active roster. Coach Corbin's interview every night from here on out will include the line "nobody is gonna feel sorry for us, and we can't feel sorry for ourselves"; and he is mostly right, except most people think the team is outright a pathetic excuse for a pro sports team. I hate being the pesimist, but the team is beyond tanking, and I nearly throw up every time I watch this team.

vCash
    ^ I predict Ace is going to vomit at least 60 more times this year.

vCash
    Prediction, Portland offers a front loaded max contract to Hayward when the season ends.

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman5219 View Post
    Prediction, Portland offers a front loaded max contract to Hayward when the season ends.
    At this point there is no way I would match that contract. Hayward is a good number 3 guy maybe a number decent number 2. He and his agent took a gamble on believing he is a number one guy and I think it is going to backfire on them.

vCash
    Stockton and /or Sloan will be coaching this team.

vCash
    Malone with use his hunting skills to free us of our Current Coaching staff and then he will assume the role and lead us to the promise land (a 12-70 record).

vCash
    Ha ha wannabe. And Karl Malone will drive Corbin's stuff to his next residence in his truck.

I can't wait to hear Karl coaching the offense.

"Now, Karl Malone woulda dun it diss way, see. Not dat way, cuz Karl Malone gotta do what Karl Malone gotta do."

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast