Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Which stage are you at? Grief and the our New York Knicks

The Kubler-Ross model outlines 5 stages of grief.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

1. Denial. The Knicks are a good team. They're just having a bad run. You just wait, this is still a championship roster!
    2. Anger. WTH is happening? It's the coach/JR/Felton/Shump!
    3. Bargaining. Ok, the team's problem is simple. All we gotta do is fire Woodson/trade Felton/bench JR/Get a new coach/get Rondo
    4. Sadness. This sucks. I'm so depressed. What's the point of being a Knicks fan?
    5. Acceptance. We're done. Ah well, there's always 2015/guess it's time to rebuild....

I think I'm on the border of stages 4 and 5 right now.

Which stage are you at?

vCash
    I'm definitely at the bargaining stage. The only minutes Woody cut are Prigioni's. Nuff said. I knew this guy was an idiot after the Indiana series. Get rid of him and see what happens.

Deep down, i've been at the acceptance stage for over a year. I know it doesn't matter what we do, this team and management aren't putting out a good product. I knew the day we traded for 'Melo and Walsh hit the road. Its bad business.
    Last edited by Kashmir13579; 11-17-2013 at 09:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post

1. Denial. The Knicks are a good team. They're just having a bad run. You just wait, this is still a championship roster!
    3. Bargaining. Ok, the team's problem is simple. All we gotta do is fire Woodson/trade Felton/bench JR/Get a new coach/get Rondo
    4. Sadness. This sucks. I'm so depressed. What's the point of being a Knicks fan?
    5. Acceptance. We're done. Ah well, there's always 2015/guess it's time to rebuild....

Which stage are you at?
    Definitely sadness. I was finally seeing a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, then this. Is's oblious that we are much closer to rebuilding mode than to a championsip run. And the worst part about this is we don't even have draft picks to truly start rebuilding. This really sucks!!!

vCash
    I am stuck in some combination of 2-5..... and it sucks!!!! I just want to but all i can do is and get

vCash
    Stage 4. It feels like no matter how hard we root for this team is going nowhere... As long as Amare is here this team is dead. If I'm the Knicks forget about his health, play him 48 minutes a night until he breaks down and realize it's time to retire.

It's party time!

vCash

Which stage are you at?
    I'm at the bargaining stage, because its still early and the East is still looking crazy, just look at the standings. Miami and Indiana are the only two teams separating themselves.

But letting Woody go and getting a better point guard would do wonders for this team! I would try and address the point guard problems from within. I would give Murray a shot, I'm sure he can stay in front of the point guards today.

On offense we need to run offensive sets and move the darn ball around. I'm sick of seeing Felton, Melo, and JR jacking up ill advised shots.

vCash
    This is the Jason Kidd effect. Last year's success is obviously not because of Woodson. Credit Kidd's leadership on how we ran our offense last season, notice everyone was under control and we were not turning the ball all over. Woodson doesn't know any plays besides Iso, it showed in the Indiana series.

It's party time!

vCash
    It's still too early just 9 games into a 82 game season. You guys are so Extra... give them 20 games to work out the kinks jack rabbits!
    Watch out, don't step on the Grasshoppers ...

vCash
    Not even close to 1.

You have to remember, we took a 54 win team, added Bargs, METTA WORLD ****ING PEACE, Beno, uhh hello TOURE MURRAY, and, and.....

I'm waiting to see what happens when Tyson comes back. If he can mesh with Bargs, I still think we can be pretty good. If he can't, then we're done.

vCash
    I'm somewhere between 1 and 4 lol. I still believe in this team. I think the right foundation is there.

I look at Bargani and Hardaway and like what I'm seeing. Bargs is the Stretch 4 we all wanted! Hardaway to me is a younger smarter J.R Smith. When Chandler comes back I believe that this team will be good.

However to be Championship contenders up grades need to be made at PG and back up center. Felton needs to go and IMO so does the Smith brothers. If we could get picks for both players I'd be happy. I actually think J.R could get us Reggie Jackson from OKC. Felton could get us a 1st from a contender.

The Shumpert situation is really bothering me. I do not want to see him go. I also want to see him be used more. He looks afraid to do anything out there. I've seen him make great plays and still get yelled at by Woodson. I've been there in basketball obviously not NBA lol but its not fun. I was there because I beat the player starting over me in one on one and the coaches hated it for some reason called me self proclaimed star. We need to either trade Shumpert now or fix his situation with the team. I hope it's the latter.

My last point is that Woodson absolutely has to go. He's lost this locker room. Maybe not the likes of Melo Felton and Smith.. but the rest of the guys for sure. Amare and Shumpert being the main 2. Each time they get in a rhythm they get pulled. Woodson is a stubborn coach. The players look lost out there. I like that when players came out he was teaching them but your obviously not teaching then well enough. Wally made a good point last night about how the Knicks took it way to easy in training camp. When he said that to a light when off. That explains a lot! !! Woodson is the sole issue here. He needs to go first. I believe a better coach gets this team back to winning basketball.

I hope my posts make sense lol

vCash

Which stage are you at?
    +1

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash

Which stage are you at?
    I was always at stage 5. I was never under the delusion that this was a championship contending team.

With that said though we should be winning a good amount of games this year because the league is so weak.

vCash
    I’m at #1, with a caveat.

The caveat being I don’t think we have a championship roster. But I do believe in this team, and think we have a vastly better roster than we have thus far shown. Assuming Tyson comes back within the 4-6 week timetable, and assuming there are no other major injuries, I would be very surprised if we don’t win 50 + games, and the Atlantic Division. (The Nets didn’t scare me at all coming into the season, and they scare me even less now.)

People need to stop surrendering the season already. Still tons of time left. Starting the season 3-6 is a huge ditch to climb out of in football, not so much in basketball.

Hopelessly Devoted

vCash
    I'm somewhere between 2-5. I get pretty angry at the boneheaded play but I come to accept that it is what it is. Guys aren't hitting shots or moving the ball. I get angry that were seeing a lot of iso memo when that clearly just doesn't work to our favor. Mike Woodson has no clue and I want him gone asap.

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    I don't think this roster is championship caliber unless we make the trade but we are still winning the division. I don't think you guys realize how bad the Atlantic division is.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast