Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Resigning JR Smith was the worst move.

Why the hell did this happen? Not only is he continuing to kill this team with his selfish, moronic and inefficient play but now, thanks to his brother, he is taking up TWO roster spots for this? And a starting position? HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?

After tonight's glorious game, going 3-18 and 1-9 from 3, JR Smith is now shooting .226 from the field on 13.3 FGA, .269 from 3 on 6.5 3PTA and .615 from the line on 3.3 FTA. He's also playing his usual horrendous form of defense, mainly that off ball D of losing his man often, switching at the first chance and just in general sagging off his man to the point where he's defending nothing and no one. He came back and went 1-9 with 4 TOs... and got PROMOTED. The last three games he's playing 36 MPG and has shot 11-44 from the field and 6-21 from 3.

The best part of this is how awful he was in the playoffs. What part in those playoffs, between the elbow, the pictures of him clubbing late the night before games and him shooting 29% vs the Pacers did the Knicks brass sit down and say, you know what? We really need to bring this guy back, he's obviously vital to our success and goal of winning a championship. Not only do we need him, but we need his brother, Chris Smith.

The team has 8 guards on the roster. EIGHT. What team needs eight guards? The team currently has one healthy capable center, two PFs who can't play more than 10 MPG and they're carrying eight guards. The team is talking about trading their most and only truly valuable asset for a big man, and they're carrying EIGHT GUARDS. Cut Chris Smith, sign Barron/Udoh/anyFAbigman until Jeremy Tyler is ready to play. Problem solved.

On Shumpert, he's available because of our new surplus at SG. Because we drafted Timmy Hardaway Jr, knowing we already had Shump and JR. Shumpert, whose growth is being stunted by his limited offensive role thanks to having JR out there chucking.

How great would it be right now if we didn't resign JR Smith? Shump and Hardaway Jr. holding down the SG position... growing each game and developing how young players are supposed to develop... Chris Smith not on the roster...

And Woodson loves him for it all.

Had to rant, sorry everyone lol.
    Last edited by FOXHOUND; 11-17-2013 at 01:48 AM.

vCash
    It's not his fault if the coach won't put him in his place like he did last year. Also keep in mind, the guy hardly played basketball in the summer. His first 5 games, you could consider it his preseason.

vCash
    You're right, it's not entirely his fault. I mean he's been in the league for a long time now, any team that employs him and any coach who plays him should know by now what he brings to the table and how he plays. Woodson has the ultimate soft spot for him. He's made it his life's work to right the JR ship and turn all of that talent into the consistent, legitimately good player that he can be. He's practically his step dad and favors him to no end.

That's 100% on Woodson, but that doesn't change the fact that all the cons of JR Smith outweigh the pros. When he's on it can be a thing of beauty watching him hit those step back fadeaways. Problem is that's not working vs any legitimate D, and he's never going to be hot through an entire playoff series vs any good D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickVeteran View Post
    It's not his fault if the coach won't put him in his place like he did last year. Also keep in mind, the guy hardly played basketball in the summer. His first 5 games, you could consider it his preseason.
    OPERATION "BOOM!"
    THE BLOW UP WILL BE TELEVISED

King Phil's entrance music
    I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    lmao jr is a sixth man he shouldn't be starting it's not his fault woody has a mancrush on him and his brother

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    So shooting 3-18 is woodsons fault because he started him? Please. You guys need to stop blaming every thing on Woodson for Christ's sake he can't go out there and shoot the ball for jr. I'm not even a JR hater but it's unfair to blame the coach for poor shooting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickVeteran View Post

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    JR is a metaphor for what is wrong with this team, but you can't blame him. **** runs downhill.

vCash
    I think Felton is to blame for this teams poor performance, he sucks so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I honestly dont think Knicks are good but thats me, maybe thats cause I dont watch them they are boring to me and Nets already beat them.
    Classic DMF.....

Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    We have our foot on the Bulls throats with a gun pointed between their eyes. Now we are about to pull the trigger.
    Classic wavey......

vCash
    JR is a JOKE! The dude thinks he is lights out shooter when he is not... he is as streaky as they come... the only time he was good for us was last year when Woodson had him driving to the hoop instead of jacking it up... when he does that he is good... but he is a cocky ball hog who thinks he is MJ... this team has NO offensive flow at all... it is Melo and JR jacking it up all the time... I could care less if melo walks now... the team we had before he signed was at least fun to watch as they moved the ball... this team is just frustrating and painful to watch.

Please find away to trade JR and his little brother... convince Melo to play team ball and if he is not capable just cut his a$s loose.
    Last edited by Corbie7; 11-17-2013 at 12:43 PM.

vCash
    You can't blame woodson for JR's performance? Why not? Here are some options Woodson could have taken to prevent his horrible shooting night

-take him out of the game

- tell him to stop shooting the ball after missing 10 shots in a row

He was not looking to pass when he had the ball and he shot his typical bad shots. He played completely selfish and should have been benched. Even though I'm not a big fan of Stat at this point, I felt like he should have gotten more minutes.
    Twitter: SteveMcG87

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    JR is a horrible signing because it came with his brother signing. I'm guessing, he helped his brother's cause by claiming that he needed his brother's support to live a clean life and his brother would help him focus on basketball and stay away from nightlife.

Jr will get hot and people will calm down. Then he will suck and people will freak out. I do get the feeling that he will not be worth it regardless of how he plays. He has turned into a ball stopper.
    The scary thing is, so has shump. Shumpert is like JR 2.0 right now. He's not playing smart.
    Felton is god awful. Bargnani would get beaten on the post by a 3 yr old girl.

JR sucks right now. But this Knicks team has ZERO toughness or desire. Every aspect of their game is disgraceful. So it's not only JR. He stands out because we all hoped he step in and change the way we played for the better.
    That is not so. He's horrid. And so are we. But it's only a dozen games, so... (but I still think this will be a long season.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbie7:27421798
    JR is a JOKE! The dude thinks he is lights out shooter when he is not... he is as streaky as they come... the only time he was good for us was last year when Woodson had him driving to the hoop instead of jacking it up... when he does that he is good... but he is a cocky punk who thinks he is MJ... this team has NO offensive flow at all... it is Melo and JR jacking it up all the time... I could care less if melo walks now... the team we had before he signed was at least fun to watch as they moved the ball... this team is just frustrating and painful to watch.

Please find away to trade JR and his little brother... convince Melo to play team ball and if he is not capable just cut his a$s loose.
    These Melo teams have been much more fun to watch then the Stat team, Linsanity and last year were two great years for fun basketball.It tan this year just has to baby holes and the fans expectations were through the roof.We aren't true title contenders, were a fringe playoff team with an awful coach. It isn't any players fault the coach puts everyone in situations where they will fail.

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    resigning JR was not retarded. The sixth man of the year who averaged 21ppg 5rpg for the entire second half of the season who wants to take less money to remain with the team. We are capped out and have few options.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    well duh

Like they say on NFL Live....CMon Man! he is an on and off player and the main problem is that you gotta leave him out there cuz you NEVER know when this fool is gonna get hot.

He could be ice cold for 3 quarters and you could be behind be 5 points and they light it up in the 4th quarter and they everyone will be like SEE what a good job Woody did leaving him there!!!
    Last edited by BigBlueCrew; 11-17-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast