Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hey, you fake Net fans

Anyone watching this game tonight vs. the Clipps?

vCash
    Didn't think so.

NOW, it is up to the coaching crew to bring in a victory

vCash
    I live and work in Amsterdam so can't catch the games live. Watch them on League Pass. Been a Net fan since the VC Kidd days and this is the most interesting team I've seen till now. Old and can't run but can at least beat a superstat team like Miami in the NBA. We'll see.

You gotta understand there's not much interest with Netsdaily and more importantly the team losing. I guess this place is dying. I donīt like the layout there plus too many posts to sort out of so I post here.

I watched the game. It was a good effort. An obvious change I would make with this lineup is putting young guns Plumlee and Taylor too into the rotation with more minutes. We can't deal with running teams because of their explosiveness so we gotta bring our own. Even Shengelia if he is able for 5-10 minutes.

This is an exciting team to watch and hopefully at the end of the season we'll be there in the playoffs healthy. That's all that matters.

vCash
    The quality of discussion on PSD in general is pretty garbage and the Nets forum here is a ghost town. Can't blame Nets fans for not dropping in here.

The goal here is to work out all the kinks in the beginning of the season. It's obvious with such a veteran team with no chemistry it was going to take a while for these guys to hit their stride. No worries growing pains were to be expected. I expect by mid-January this team will be firing on all cylinders.

vCash
    Thought it was a good effort by injury ravaged Net team. Wish we we had gotten more out of JJ & Shaun. And time for Mirza to stop shooting the three.

Hopefully, this games gives Plumlee some confidence. Now he has to work on the foul shooting.

Taylor played well in his minutes.

vCash
    I can't get over how dead this forum is... it's NYC! The Nets seemed to have a ton more support when they were in NJ and had a horrible team.

I went over to netdaily and its a ghost town there too... does this team have any fans?

vCash
    Taylor didn't only play well he was an offensive factor. He put the Clips in foul trouble by constantly attacking the basket. Same with Plumlee. We need that, Deron and Livingston can't do that. Livingston is playing real great but playing him more than 30 minutes a night is asking for an injury to happen. Taylor and Plumlee are the only players who can keep attacking the basket because of their energy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    The quality of discussion on PSD in general is pretty garbage and the Nets forum here is a ghost town. Can't blame Nets fans for not dropping in here.

The goal here is to work out all the kinks in the beginning of the season. It's obvious with such a veteran team with no chemistry it was going to take a while for these guys to hit their stride. No worries growing pains were to be expected. I expect by mid-January this team will be firing on all cylinders.
    I was excited for this season BEFORE the trade. My only concern was finding a better bench and a better coach (...and to get rid of Humphries...lol.) But hiring Kidd still gets to me. I was totally against this idea, with so many other coaches with well above experience and respectability available...hiring Kidd was just a let down. Would I be singing a different tune if they were 9-3 instead of 3-9? I have to admit, maybe...idk.

I didn't care for giving Kidd a chance, not with this team. My argument against him stands simply because of something you said yourself. With the stars and egos on this team, it needed time to gel. Hiring Kidd went into the opposite direction of what the team was built for. It's a NOW team, it is in a win-now mode, and what is scaring me is what King seems to be doing. Right now the way this team is built...they have only the next 2 years to win with this team...and is likely KG is gone at the end of the this season. Someone once told me that it is not like this team will just stop adding to it in the next 2 years. I thought about that for awhile...and it dawned on me...if that is the case, I fear for what King will do. His reputation before coming here to BRK, is a GM who collects aging players, or expiring contracts...and has nothing to show for it. Philly went through some real hard times with King's decisions hindering the team for years.

Will that happen here, it didn't seem so. Now...I am not too sure.

IDC what kind of player Kidd was. As a floor general he could control the floor. He has zero experience controlling from the sidelines. He may be a great coach one day. But by giving him this team, with extremely high expectations. One that will undoubtedly take time to gel...only hinders him as a coach. Now we are already starting to hear the NY media begin the chirping about firing him and the chirping is getting louder about firing King.

Now I don't believe either will be fired as of yet. But unless this team jump starts itself soon...those chirps are going to only get louder and louder. One thing to remember, Prokhorov has zero loyalty to Kidd nor King. He just wrote a check to the league for $80M. Money means nothing.

Kidd and King better hope this team turns it around THIS season.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 11-24-2013 at 06:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I can't get over how dead this forum is... it's NYC! The Nets seemed to have a ton more support when they were in NJ and had a horrible team.

I went over to netdaily and its a ghost town there too... does this team have any fans?
    You don't need to be here...or on the internet at all...to be a fan.

vCash
    Perhaps this whole situation will create a "we against the world" mentality. Apparently that's a good thing.

vCash
    For the record -- there are really only 3 or 4 "busy" forums on this whole site. Being offended and starting out a thread this way is not quite as constructive as one might hope for.
    you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to -pink floyd

1/23/14: This "team" is irreparably damaged

My Solution: Shut the team down until ALL current contracts expire. If players / coaches / execs can find jobs elsewhere - let them go get new contracts and cut ties completely.

Wait ~5years and relaunch as an expansion team.

Bring back 2 people -- no more, no less. 1: Walt Frazier 2: Herb Williams [Honorable Mention: Mike Breen]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by episodenone View Post
    For the record -- there are really only 3 or 4 "busy" forums on this whole site. Being offended and starting out a thread this way is not quite as constructive as one might hope for.
    I guess we are all entitled to our opinions

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    I miss this forum, was great during the 12-72 season.
    Now, it's so quiet, I go to Nets Daily

The Mets and Jets forums are always crazy busy, but not here.

vCash
    Problem is Nets Daily is too crowded, with all the gifs and stuff. This place now is dead. No middle point.

About this team: Still best season for me as a Net fan so far. Starting with the trades, this team is the one with most expectations until now. During the VC-Kidd-RJ days we were an athletic gimmick team, nothing. Fun to watch but a surefire loser against teams like the Spurs. This team is the worst (with the record till now) so far but has ellicited the most emotions from fans. Right now I am actually pitying the whole situation. We were already a question mark and without Deron+Brook, it's just sad to watch KG and Pierce in their final year. Hopefully they'll turn things around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    Problem is Nets Daily is too crowded, with all the gifs and stuff. This place now is dead. No middle point.

About this team: Still best season for me as a Net fan so far. Starting with the trades, this team is the one with most expectations until now. During the VC-Kidd-RJ days we were an athletic gimmick team, nothing. Fun to watch but a surefire loser against teams like the Spurs. This team is the worst (with the record till now) so far but has ellicited the most emotions from fans. Right now I am actually pitying the whole situation. We were already a question mark and without Deron+Brook, it's just sad to watch KG and Pierce in their final year. Hopefully they'll turn things around.
    Problem is that NetsDaily is run by an egotistical lowlife that has cooties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast