Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Around the League

We can discuss non blazer things that are happening around the league in here

vCash
    Faried for Shumpert Off.
    Asik's 2nd trade Demand
    Derrick williams on the blocK
    Kings and Cavs making calls for trades
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

SUPERBOWL 48 CHAMPS
    L.O.B.

vCash
    Does anyone know what exactly the Rockets would want for Asik?

vCash
    Stretch 4 and draft picks. Maybe someone to take Lin off their hands. Lin isn't the best point for Harden and Howard. They would do better with a high percentage 3pt shooter. Houston needs to stretch the defense to help Harden drive or Howard post up. They would love a player like Rashard Lewis, Rasheed Wallace, or LA. Still tall and able to shoot from distance. Howard played his best ball with Lewis as his four. However there aren't many players like Lewis and Wallace nowadays. Houston management knows this and will try to replicate this. Asik is their trade chip---Lin is there only real bad contract so getting rid of Lin and gaining draft picks will be acceptable if they can't pull a quality PF.

During this I remember Ryan Anderson. Pelicans could use a quantity center, Ryan is the same position as Davis so has been moved to the bench as a 6th man. He fits exactly what Houston is looking for. I wouldn't be surprised if they talk. (Other then the Pelicans would lose some offense and they would be setting up Houston to run the table)
    Last edited by Kao Sorn; 11-20-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    So Say We All!!!

vCash
    I saw some new york fans asking what they could get for Melo seeing as he's probably gone to free agency soon. I don't like Melo as a 1st option but I think he would be amazing in a 6th man role. Kind of like what James Harden was for the Thunder. Or Crawford, or Ginobili. I wonder if he'll ever accept that. I think it'd be good for him, and actually make him a better player. Plus his team would be lethal if they had a good starting 5 too, like us for example.

vCash
    Melo would never take a 6th man role

vCash
    True. It would be a lot of fun to see though. Like when Ginobili used to take over for the spurs.

vCash
    Paul George is amazing

vCash
    I was sitting enjoying Pacers Knicks when I heard it. Kenyon gets called for a blatant foul and he walks to the ref and you can hear him say "what the hell did I do?". Nothing in all of sports pisses me off the way that does. When a player commits an obvious foul and when they are called on it they freak out and actually have the nerve to claim they didn't do anything. Now I don't know if others think it gets to me to much but it really just pisses me off.

Reason why Alex Collins of the Razorbacks football team is my favorite athlete in any sport. He never talks smack. He never complains. When play is over he help everyone up. When play is over he calmly and politely puts the football in the refs hands. When refs do not throw a blatant flag he does not freak out or start pushing other team. He gets to the huddle then lines up runs it again and that time he gets a first down and calmly goes about his business. Really wish every athlete was like him. He goes to locale HS games, talks with kids, truly a pillar of the community. I just can't figure out why athletes like him are so rare. Not like he grew up privileged or anything, was just like most athletes yet he has accountability.

vCash
    I thought the league was supposed to put a bigger emphasis on players complaining about calls. I remember a few years back when everyone thought Sheed would be screwed because of the new rule what a joke the NBA officials are and Stern also for turning this game into a joke sometimes. I heard on Sirious satelite the NFL is worried about looking like the NBA as far as bad officiating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    I was sitting enjoying Pacers Knicks when I heard it. Kenyon gets called for a blatant foul and he walks to the ref and you can hear him say "what the hell did I do?".
    Was just creeping on the Blazers forum and I had to reply to you, I was at a Dubs game last year and heard Jarret Jack say "It wasn't me!" after blatantly fouling someone.

I share your dislike for that.

btw, nice start to the season for you guys, can't wait to see how this all develops going forward.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Rockets are boned. They are trying really hard to unload Asik but no one wants him. It is almost hilarious. Every team that could have used him has told Rockets no thanks and hung up. They gonna end up moving him for a late first and filler. Maybe someone should explain this to Asik and help him to understand he is not the star he seems to think he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Rockets are boned. They are trying really hard to unload Asik but no one wants him. It is almost hilarious. Every team that could have used him has told Rockets no thanks and hung up. They gonna end up moving him for a late first and filler. Maybe someone should explain this to Asik and help him to understand he is not the star he seems to think he is.
    it didnt help the houston had a pretty steep asking price at first

vCash
    It's Houston's asking price that is hurting the trade not Asik. Because their are 15 teams who would love him as there starting center. Houston knows that he is a quality center so their asking for a high price...but the problem is that since Asik made it public other teams know that they can hold out to lower the price. Still he will be moved...I just hope it isn't a great trade for Houston. They are a hard team to beat and we might face them I the playoffs. I would rather their team have holes.
    So Say We All!!!