Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

matt mcgloin has "it factor" per DA, will start vs texans

Cant post the link, but basically says Dennis has put his faith in Matt Mcgloin and he will start tomorrow, post the link please if you see it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R8rhead View Post
    Cant post the link, but basically says Dennis has put his faith in Matt Mcgloin and he will start tomorrow, post the link please if you see it
    Here it is: http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...akland-raiders

I like this kid. I think Da and the rest of the staff has seen enough of what Terrell Pryor has to offer. TP has had three years to develop and shows some sparks here and there. Then right after he looks impressive he regresses and looks like he is lost. Now the question I have is does Mcgloin have what it takes to take the next step? I hope that our o-line can block long enough so that we get a chance to see! We shall find out tomorrow.
    Go Raiders and Good luck Matt Mcgloin! Welcome to the NFL kid. Show them what ya got!
    Long Live the Silver and Black!!
    Illinoisraider

vCash
    Interesting to see if he could make our line look better by stepping up in the pocket instead back into pressure. Jennings made our run blocking look better, can Mcgloin make our pass blocking look better?
    [

vCash
    At first glance, I'm really hoping McGloin has some extra pads under that uniform.

But in all honesty, I'm interested to see how he does. However, unlike many others, I will withhold my opinion until I get a full sample size from him. If he were to have success, I can already hear the bandwagon birds about how "he's our future", etc, etc. But if he struggles, it'll be the "Pryor would of won the game" tone.

vCash
    The man can't move like Pryor God help him.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    Please don't post "articles" from Silver and Black Pride as if they are real journalism. It's basically one guy's blog and he is an awful, biased writer. That site is only good for injury reports.

DA may have said McGloin has the "it factor" but it has nothing to do with him starting on Sunday. He is starting because Pryor's knee is jacked up and he was very limited in what he could manage on Friday, if Pryor was even 80% I would have to believe Allen would start him.

vCash
    This entire season feels like one long draft combine. I mean that in a good way. We are getting to see all of our talent and figure out who is going to help this team win games. I'm looking forward to seeing what Mac-G can do.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westernraider View Post
    Please don't post "articles" from Silver and Black Pride as if they are real journalism. It's basically one guy's blog and he is an awful, biased writer. That site is only good for injury reports.

DA may have said McGloin has the "it factor" but it has nothing to do with him starting on Sunday. He is starting because Pryor's knee is jacked up and he was very limited in what he could manage on Friday, if Pryor was even 80% I would have to believe Allen would start him.
    Bingo right on the money ,and very obvious.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash

Sorry, didn't get my rules and regs on posting here in the mail! The fact is that Pryor has not looked good the last couple of games. Pryor has regressed bad. My opinion is that DA is looking at the roster of QB's and is trying to figure out whether or not we need to draft a QB next year. I question the whole knee injury is as bad as they are saying thing. Not a fan of the SBP, but he asked for the link. I do not post on here a lot because people are why to uptight. People post opinions all the time on here that they represent as fact. I post one link and Holy Crap Batman!

Go Raiders! Good luck Matt McGloin! Silver and Black Till I D.I.E!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisRaider View Post
    Sorry, didn't get my rules and regs on posting here in the mail! The fact is that Pryor has not looked good the last couple of games. Pryor has regressed bad. My opinion is that DA is looking at the roster of QB's and is trying to figure out whether or not we need to draft a QB next year. I question the whole knee injury is as bad as they are saying thing. Not a fan of the SBP, but he asked for the link. I do not post on here a lot because people are why to uptight. People post opinions all the time on here that they represent as fact. I post one link and Holy Crap Batman!

Go Raiders! Good luck Matt McGloin! Silver and Black Till I D.I.E!!
    haha. No worries I'm new around here as well, I just really don't like SBP. I'm with you though, McGloin starting is definitely the start of scouting for next year. I could be wrong but I expect at least a couple QBs to get picked up this offseason through the draft and free agency to bring in some competition. They say that starting jobs aren't handed out on this team anymore and I'm expecting that to count for the backfield as well.

FWIW I bet McGloin struggles this week, but I really liked what I saw from him this preseason, especially in the Seahawks game. The guy looked pretty solid and I'm happy to have him as a backup.

vCash

The way OP titled the thread, it makes it sound as if Pryor is getting benched.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    The way OP titled the thread, it makes it sound as if Pryor is getting benched.
    I'm not sure that he isn't. That is just my opinion though. This is a rebuilding operation going on here. We need to see if we have a diamond in the ruff somewhere. I hope we get this QB fixed before the draft. I do not want us to draft a QB. We have so many needs to fill and Rm is not going to go down the road that Al did. News flash here!! RM is not going to blow the bank next year people. This is a try out year for everyone on this team. RM has made that clear. No worries westernraider. The one thing I know about typed comments is that the true meaning can be missed! Nothing like conversing in person vs. conversing on a typed forum.
    God bless and Go Raiders!! Silver and Black Till I D.I.E!!
    Last edited by IllinoisRaider; 11-17-2013 at 12:17 AM. Reason: correction

vCash
    If he's anything like Andrew Luck, start him.

It's all about who gives us the best chance.

We shall see....

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    I don't know about the "it factor", but he's got the best arm on the roster by far.

vCash
    LOL........... If Matt has the "It Factor", What does Payton Manning have? There are very few QB's in the NFL that has the "It Factor" and DA thinks Matt Mcgloin is one of them???? DA probably thinks our offensive line is "stellar"......

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast