Gamethread: Atlanta Hawks (5-4) @ New York Knicks (3-5) Beastcoast > ATL

Sat, Nov 16 7:30 PM ET
    Madison Square Garden

Atlanta Hawks

Jeff Teague / Kyle Korver / DeMarre Carroll / Paul Millsap / Al Horford

Your New York Knicks!

Raymond Felton / JR Spliff / Iman Shumpert / Carmelo Anthony / Pasta

Knick Updates

Carmelo Anthony said on Friday that he would prefer to play fewer minutes per game.
    Melo leads the league through nine contests at 40.5 minutes per game and is worried that the exertion is too much for the shoulder he rehabbed during the offseason. Interestingly, despite playing over three minutes more per game than last year, he is taking slightly fewer shots and getting to the line less. His stats won't necessarily go down with his minutes and only an injury will prevent Melo from putting up elite numbers.
    The NBA fined J.R. Smith $25,000 "for directing hostile and inappropriate language to another player via his Twitter account, in violation of NBA rules."
    J.R. lashed out at Brandon Jennings on Twitter in retaliation for remarks Jennings posted on Twitter regarding J.R.'s brother and fellow Knick, Chris Smith. J.R. was suspended for five games at the start of the season for a drug violation. Coach Mike Woodson is perturbed, telling J.R. if he doesn't change his behavior "eventually no team is going to want to deal with you." This is the same amount J.R. was fined two years ago for pictures he posted to Twitter. It's doubtful the most recent episode will affect his playing time, although his current 25.7 percent field goal shooting may.
    Iman Shumpert and Coach Mike Woodson had a heated exchange near the bench during Thursday's loss to Houston.
    This is only news because of the trade rumors surrounding Shumpert, which intensified Friday when Woodson said the rumors are simply "part of the business." For his part, Shumpert said he is trying to "limit the distractions" because there is nothing he can do about it. The rumors have focused on a swap with Denver for Kenneth Faried, but at last February's deadline Phoenix inquired about Shumpert and they could still be interested.
    Tyson Chandler was still on crutches Friday at a charity event.
    Chandler is quoted as saying he has no clue if he will be able to return from his fractured right leg injury in three weeks, the short end of his initial 4-6 week prognosis. Keep him on the bench if you are able to stash him, but in shallower leagues it makes sense to cut bait on Chandler. Rebounds are one of the easiest categories to find on the waiver wire.
    Amare Stoudemire has not been cleared to play full time for the Knicks, and will be held out of every other game until further notice.
    He played just five minutes in the first half on Thursday and missed all three of his shots. For now, he has no fantasy value in any sized league.
    Bargnani is no longer the Knick's worse defensive player. That prestige goes to the former Tar heel 2 Chinz Felton
    Hustla23 before every game

vCash
    We need this one. Bad. Can't lose 5 in a row at home.

vCash
    Dude, don't jinx it.

vCash
    29 thanks for all the game threads, great job

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Like I have said. Something works and Woodson goes away from it. Iman was good setting up his teammates and instead of seeing a little more of Shump initiating the offense, etc., we see less of it. Bargnani getting better, shooting well? Don't run anything for him. Long stretches of Iso Melo haven't yielded anything good, we should keep that in the playbook and expand it.

The true problem with Iso-Melo is COACHING!

The Knicks do not iso Melo to break down the defense and create a good opportunity at an open shot. They iso-Melo for Melo to try to score with no other options. That is the worst coaching job. Takes zero mental effort.

Woodson is going to be the death of me. I swear I am going to develop an ulcer or something with Woodson as the coach.

vCash
    Yeah im concerned about Melo's minutes. It's way too high. Woodson needs to explore having Bargnani and JR Smith on the floor together with Melo sitting.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Yeah im concerned about Melo's minutes. It's way too high. Woodson needs to explore having Bargnani and JR Smith on the floor together with Melo sitting.
    Yeah I say move JR back to the bench, take out bargs with 4 to go in the 1st and bring in kmart/stat... By then jr is already in the game. Then take melo out a lil before the end of the 1st. Then bring bargs in to start the 2nd and let melo rest as long as possible.

vCash
    Just moved into a new cribbo no cable yet anyone care to share a solid link via PM???

vCash
    Didn't catch that heated argument with Woodson. Thats not good .... Wished he would stop arguing back. I rarely see any of the other players do that beside shump. Come on, Iman.

Agreed about Melo. Too many minutes. We are depending on him too much. I feel like JR will have a big game tonight to help him here. Bargs should continue his role also. Small lineup but we gotta keep up the team rebounding.

vCash
    Need to start holding down MSG. Lets go knicks!
    People fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer
    Guess its just a theory of man became a monster, atop of the world
    Never fallin', I'm as real as they come from day one, forever ballin'
    C'mon

vCash
    Metta World Peace will miss Saturday's game with a sore left knee.
    rotoworld

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Just moved into a new cribbo no cable yet anyone care to share a solid link via PM???
    P2p4u.net is always good.

vCash
    Oops that was supposed to be private lol

vCash
    *sigh* I should be excited about this game, but it's hard to feel too excited when you have what we have.

This team just feels like a lottery team, without a lottery ticket.

I can't even think of how they fix it at this point. Chandler out, Amare's dead end contract, Felton's poor imitation of a Point Guard, talks about trading Shump.... I can't see how we could possibly get past Indiana or Miami with this team right now.

So where does this go? 7th or 8th seed and a fast first round exit? 9th or 10th seed, then be on the outside looking in, then going out for beers to drown out the sounds of draft day?

And we know Dolan isn't going to blow it up... so we're at Melo's mercy. Melo's a top flight player... but is he going to want to burn another year of his career on a team that's just sucking it up? Can we trust that he'll stay when there's teams with legitimate 2nd and 3rd options that can help him out so he's not playing 40 minutes a game?

I know it's early, but it's sure feeling like we're on the edge of the dark days returning. Ah well, at least I can watch beautiful basketball from the Spurs and enjoy young and exciting teams like GSW and the Rockets on the internet.

Maybe the Knicks can pull off a trade miracle and get us a real PG. That would be nice. On the other hand, knowing Dolan we'll end up giving up our first and second round picks in 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2024...

Why oh why is life so cruel? Haven't the Knicks fans suffered enough?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    rotoworld
    Good one less ball-hog.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast