Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If Wade wins 4-5 rings?

Does this accomplishment make him comparable to Kobe? I've thought about this for a while. When I debate me friends on who's better Kobe or Wade the response is always so short and so simple. Way more rings.

That was when Wade had 1 ring. Now he's got 3. Will probably have 4 at the end of this year.

vCash
    It depends on what you find important. If you judge on scoring, Wade will never be Kobe...all-around game, Wade is probably better than Kobe. Also, Kobe may be the luckiest player in NBA history...he rarely goes 2 years without all star players surrounding him. Had Kobe played for any other team, he may not even have a ring yet.

vCash
    Kobe is better than Wade for sure. Wade won't get any credit for the remaining rings because people view him differently for these past titles. For sure, he's a top 20 player and has a chance at top 15 just by playing a few more consistent years and winning titles. The only problem is I see his window being 2-3 years. Let's see what he can muster up.

vCash
    As much as I do respect Wade and as much as I often criticize Kobe in these forums, I don't think you can make that case at this point. Rings, alone, are not a good barometer of a player's career, and rings alone are not what makes Kobe's career so impressive. It's the length of his prime and how consistently good he's been for so long.

Wade's peak is probably stronger than Kobe's peak, but his prime has been relatively short, and we're already seeing a substantial drop off in his production at age 31. On the flip side, Kobe is three years older, has been in the league far longer, has logged far more minutes and just came off one of his best season's in years. If he comes back this season and puts up similar production to last year, he'll unquestionably be the better player than Wade right now.

However, if Wade could somehow return to his previous peak numbers WHILE continuing to win rings, then maybe we could look at him a little differently, and this could be a decent argument. I just don't see it happening at this point, though. Rarely do we see a player have this substantial a drop off in production only for them to return to their peak numbers again.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wowzah View Post
    Does this accomplishment make him comparable to Kobe? I've thought about this for a while. When I debate me friends on who's better Kobe or Wade the response is always so short and so simple. Way more rings.

That was when Wade had 1 ring. Now he's got 3. Will probably have 4 at the end of this year.
    Wade should finish anywhere between 5-7rings, before all is said and done; and like I have been saying for a long time, Wade will go down as the 2nd best SG ever.

Wade has been better then Kobe for a very long time now (prime Kobe faded along time ago, but he's fans just can't seem to realize that).

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    It gets to the point where it is no longer about rings. I hate threads like this. What if this guy wins 3 rings is he now better than someone else. No being a better player is actually being a BETTER player.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    As much as I dislike Kobe, he has like 4 years of being in the league more than Wade. Wade got in at like 22 while Kobe got in at 18. 4 extra years is big. Wade will go down as the 3rd best SG ever and maybe crack the top 20/25. Unless he starts dropping 30 a game these next 6/7 years.

vCash
    I would view Wade as very similar to Kobe if he wins another ring or two. I already do. They are similar players to Dirk and Garnett. Certainly are one of the all time greats and a franchise can build around them. But they're not the type of players you would try and build a dynasty with. Like Shaq, Duncan or LeBron.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Wade should finish anywhere between 5-7rings, before all is said and done; and like I have been saying for a long time, Wade will go down as the 2nd best SG ever.

Wade has been better then Kobe for a very long time now (prime Kobe faded along time ago, but he's fans just can't seem to realize that).
    Yes his prime years are gone, but our Wade is declining as well.

vCash

If Wade wins 4-5 rings?

No way is Wade better than Kobe. No way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4milesperday View Post
    It depends on what you find important. If you judge on scoring, Wade will never be Kobe...all-around game, Wade is probably better than Kobe. Also, Kobe may be the luckiest player in NBA history...he rarely goes 2 years without all star players surrounding him. Had Kobe played for any other team, he may not even have a ring yet.
    Same for Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    and the credibility of the NBA forum continues to decline to new lows

vCash
    I think if Wade wins 5 titles then he should surpass Kobe or at the very least be on par with him. Wade has always been the more efficient all around player. Kobe on the other hand has always had his on scoring. Countless games Kobe has had games with over 30 shots and 1 assist. Another thing to factor is Wade is a huge team player and took a lesser role for the sake of winning. Kobe would never take a lesser role even if Lebron currently wanted to come to the Lakers. Also factor at their best Wade was the better player all day.

vCash
    Kobe>Wade

vCash
    I dont like Kobe but this is a no brainer.
    Wade can win 10 rings if he wants and he wont be better than kobe.

Is horry better than bosh? Fisher better than mark Price?

Rings are nice one you are on a set level example a convo kareem vs Wilt or Worhty vs Pippen or Mchale vs Pau or whatever.

But if you are on different tiers they are worht nothing.

Kobe is in the 1-15 tier discussion, wade is in the 25-50 discussion.
    ]

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast