Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What about Weiters?

Baltimore is looking to trade Weiters, and even though they're same division, thats a player i wouldnt mind doing a 1-1 for Bautista for.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

2. 11-16-2013, 05:30 AM
    Reason
    Disruptive

vCash
    he's got a fantastic glove, can draw a walk hits for a little power too. i'd love to have him but definitely not straight up for bautista, even though it might actually make you better to do so. that's really more of a statement on how big the gap is between wieters and arencibia.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joshhorvath View Post
    Baltimore is looking to trade Weiters, and even though they're same division, thats a player i wouldnt mind doing a 1-1 for Bautista for.
    There's a 60-70% chance GM_AA will lose any trade he makes, so trading within our division where we might get our face rubbed in it 78 games a year doesn't appeal to this fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by darius View Post
    There's a 60-70% chance GM_AA will lose any trade he makes, so trading within our division where we might get our face rubbed in it 78 games a year doesn't appeal to this fan.
    Why is that again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Why is that again?
    Because Armchair GMs > Real GMs.
    Last edited by StayOnBoard; 11-16-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I don't get that either. I know he's been fleeced twice, but the rest have been decent iirc.

vCash
    Think it's a little early to say that he's been fleeced.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Think it's a little early to say that he's been fleeced.
    Napoli for Francisco is done for us. He was fleeced.

The Dickey trade, the jury is still out on. But we bought high on him for sure. Just think what we could go after this year if we still had those specs.

vCash
    Yes to Wieters.

But it ain't happening within the division.

11. 11-16-2013, 02:14 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Yes to Wieters.

But it ain't happening within the division.
    That's the ****** thing. Two of the main trade targets I would like them to pursue are in our division, damnit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

The Dickey trade, the jury is still out on. But we bought high on him for sure. Just think what we could go after this year if we still had those specs.
    AA wasn't fleeced in the Napoli deal. Napoli was never going to stay a Jay anyway. The only reason AA took Napoli in the Vernon Wells deal was because AA fleeced the Angels into taking on Vernon Wells entire contract. Napoli was a salary dump trade to the Rangers for Francisco.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by venom518 View Post
    AA wasn't fleeced in the Napoli deal. Napoli was never going to stay a Jay anyway. The only reason AA took Napoli in the Vernon Wells deal was because AA fleeced the Angels into taking on Vernon Wells entire contract. Napoli was a salary dump trade to the Rangers for Francisco.
    Lets try and put this to bed! AA was in the right place at the right time. He did not fleece the Angels. There was no interest for over 2 weeks, AA penned him into the OF. Angels called, out of the blue, told AA they would take Wells if the Jays took the 2 players and gave some cash. AA said he had to go to Wells to get his permission to trade him as he had a no trade deal. Wells told AA he would call him back in the morning as the Angels gave AA 24 hrs. Angels had not signed a big name FA and the Fans were pissed, and there really was no one out there as the Angels kept missing out, and that`s why they came for Wells because they new the Jays wanted to move him!. Wells called AA back and even though he had close ties to the city in charities etc, and did not want to leave, he asked AA if this was the direction he wanted to go and if this was BEST for the team, AA said yes and Wells said he`d go.
    If Wells wanted to be a prick and didn`t care what the fans thought, he could be starting in our outfield in 2014, unless AA did what the Angels did to get him out.

If anyone fleeced the Angels, it was the Angels!
    Last edited by wagnall; 11-16-2013 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by darius View Post
    Sorry, I was being sarcastic, but that didn't come out too clearly.

I still think GM_AA's a trade ninja. Anyway want to really rehash the Vernon Wells trade? I still think it's a fleecing of the highest order. Anyway, some people seem to enjoy slamming him. I just think he's had an incredible run of bad luck.

But in terms of trading within our division, I don't think it's a good idea. Because what if, in this case, Weiters sucks or has a career-ending injury and JB just goes white hot for 2-3 years. It would be awful. Kind of like seeing sweaty-faced John Farrell throughout the World Series with that smug smile. I honestly died a bit this season watching the WS. I shouldn't have watched.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by venom518 View Post
    I don't believe that to be correct. He pursued Francisco to be our closer after he showed flashes in Texas the previous season. And we don't know if he would have stayed, that's irrelevant because Francisco only stayed for one year, while Napoli would have been for two. (And Napoli's 2011 was a 5.3 bWAR season btw, while Francisco produced 1.1 bWAR)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

Also Hill for Johnson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast