Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 285
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,036
    vCash
    1500

    Bosh gives Miami what exactly?

    Just wondering what he contributes to the team, can anyone elaborate?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,036
    vCash
    1500
    The silence pretty much sus it up, no one knows what to say about Bosh...LMAO. Still getting schooled by Dirk at this point in your career, shameful

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    11,119
    vCash
    500
    Scoring
    Floor spacing
    Defense
    Versatility
    Size

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,036
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Scoring
    Floor spacing
    Defense
    Versatility
    Size
    That's a joke right? We need a low post presence, not a floor spacer big man. Bosh isn't versatile, and his size is as useful as the Kardashians

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    11,119
    vCash
    500
    No, it's not a joke. Take the blinders off, and watch the games.

    Bosh's jumpshooting allows LeBron and Wade to do what they do best in the post or attacking the lane because the opposing Center has to defend Bosh's jumpshot. Bosh also offers the versatility to play the 4 or 5 offensively. Cross match in transition defense to either the 4 or 5 as well. Also a player that's two way that you don't have to worry about subbing for offense/defense late in games, or worry about opposing coaches using the "hack-a" on your Center because he chucks up bricks at the FT line. He's extremely versatile because he has the size to contest shots of 7 footers while still the foot speed to trap the pick and roll against small guards and small ball PFs.

    Are there a number of areas Bosh needs to improve on? Of course. But it almost seems like a time-sink to waste a response in a thread where the OP insinuates that a perennial all-star is a useless player that does nothing for the team. On that note, take care... I'm not going to post again in this thread.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,507
    vCash
    9155

    Bosh gives Miami what exactly?

    He picks up the soap in the showers

    I meese you Señor Rodriguez

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    429
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    No, it's not a joke. Take the blinders off, and watch the games.
    No you need to take the blinders off. Team loyalty is one thing. But when a player isn't performing up to his contract's value. The fan base owes that player nothing. Especially since part of his salary is payed for by our tax dollars—you really think between the tax credits, tax exemptions, etc, that the owners have to dig deep into their pockets to pay these players? Ask yourself who really pays these guys?

    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Bosh's jumpshooting allows LeBron and Wade to do what they do best in the post or attacking the lane because the opposing Center has to defend Bosh's jumpshot...
    This is a gross exaggeration. Bron and Wade have been attacking the basket at fairly similar rates (for their careers) since the big 3 formed. And have been converting at the rim at fairly similar rates (for their careers). For Bron between 70-75% and for Wade between 65-70%. Where James has gotten better, is in his mid-range shooting. He's become a fairly reliable jump-shooter, which he wasn't capable of doing early on in his career. It's why when San Antonio shut down his driving lanes in 07, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Your giving Bosh WAY too much credit for something James and Wade are pretty much great at doing all their own. Proof of this, was in the Pacers series, where James was torching the Pacers stout interior D. If Wade hadn't been somewhat hobbled (and played so poorly in some of the games), it wouldn't have even been a series.

    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Bosh also offers the versatility to play the 4 or 5 offensively. Cross match in transition defense to either the 4 or 5 as well. Also a player that's two way that you don't have to worry about subbing for offense/defense late in games, or worry about opposing coaches using the "hack-a" on your Center because he chucks up bricks at the FT line. He's extremely versatile because he has the size to contest shots of 7 footers while still the foot speed to trap the pick and roll against small guards and small ball PFs.
    Let's for argument's sake say Bosh offers some invaluable floor spacing, displaying the type of versatility on offense capable of stretching opposing defenses to respect his shooting (he is after all, a very efficient shooter). No matter how you slice it though, Bosh's interior D is shoddy at best. Sure Bosh is good at offering help-side defense, why he gets so many deflections and blocks. But he struggles w/ defending the post. Because he struggles with the most basic (you could even argue most key) component. Rebounding. He doesn't just struggle, he's horrendous on the glass. Garnett who's a corpse at this stage of his career, grabs roughly 2+ more rebounds, playing roughly 7 fewer minutes.

    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Are there a number of areas Bosh needs to improve on? Of course. But it almost seems like a time-sink to waste a response in a thread where the OP insinuates that a perennial all-star is a useless player that does nothing for the team. On that note, take care... I'm not going to post again in this thread.
    A perennial all-star? So that's your argument to counter the OP's criticism of Bosh. Because Bosh's appearance in the all-star game was predicated on the subjective opinions consisting of fans and/or coaches? Yes, because I really believe Bosh's 8 all-star nods, means he's a better PF/C than Dennis Rodman.

    While I wouldn't go as far as the OP, as to suggest Bosh offers the HEAT nothing (no he does provide some very good shooting). I'd argue that when his shot is not falling, he provides the HEAT w/ little else (mostly just occasional deflections/steals and/or blocks).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    14,103
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Scoring
    Floor spacing
    Defense
    Versatility
    Size
    Exactly. No need to elaborate further beasted; you're likely just going to end up dealing with posters who just dislike Bosh without any understanding of the nuances of the NBA.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    7,355
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Scoring
    Floor spacing
    Defense
    Versatility
    Size
    Elite Videobombing
    Added. Lol.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    17,231
    vCash
    500
    No matter if you like or hate him, there is no big man out there we can trade him for anyway.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    429
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Exactly. No need to elaborate further beasted; you're likely just going to end up dealing with posters who just dislike Bosh without any understanding of the nuances of the NBA.
    There's ample evidence (e.g., basketball-reference, nba.com/hotspots/ etc) that prove the floor spacing argument is severely flawed, since Wade and James score and convert at roughly the same rates they have their entire careers.

    It's posters that indefensibly make arguments like beasted86's that don't understand the nuances of the game of basketball. There's a reason Spo has cut into Bosh's minutes. He's becoming an extreme liability in many games. What he does on defense, can be replicated by a plethora of bigs that provide much more value across the board.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    No matter if you like or hate him, there is no big man out there we can trade him for anyway.
    I don't hate Bosh. I wouldn't even mind him on the HEAT if we signed him to what his true value was. He's just not a max-level player, he wasn't even before he started his rather steep decline. That said, what you said isn't true, there's a lot of moves the HEAT could try to make to rid themselves of Bosh's albatross. Dallas has Blair (expiring), Dalembert (who has a team option beyond this year), and Marion (expiring) for example (w/ the three, the contracts match up). Cuban's always been interested in bringing Bosh on. Not saying Dallas would necessarily do this deal to get him. But trust me, when I say there's a crap ton of moves that Riles can make. There are sucker organizations that will take his contract on.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    95
    vCash
    1500
    It's not his fault as he is playing out of his position and is trying his best to score while being surrounded by Lebron, Wade and other scorers.

    However, the fact remains that he is not a good fit and is definitely not doing justice to his max contract. Again, it's not his fault. If he were the main player on a team, he would certainly pull his weight.

    Miami would be a better team even if you replaced Bosh with Asif straight up. Bosh's jumper is inconsistent; his rebounding is embarrassment. I have seen opposing players rebounding ball from behind over his head. And opponents have no fear going to the basket when Bosh is manning the paint.

    Yes, we have won back-to-back championships and 60+ regular season games. However, this team was expected to dominate; expected to instill fear in opponents' minds and take their hopes away. The way MJ's Bulls did.

    Instead, we have become dependent on last-minute heroics and Lebron's superhuman performances.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    2,020
    vCash
    1500

    Bosh gives Miami what exactly?

    What more do u want than b2b champions. If u have won titles y change anything?
    [/CENTER]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,608
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not saying trade him fro sure, but I think the Heat should explore all options now. If they come up on an offer they can't refuse, then its time to deal. The Heat would be much better off getting 3 solid pieces, than actually keeping Bosh. They just need to make sure that one of those pieces is a starting PF or C that can get 10reb a game with offensive skill around the basket.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 12-01-2013 at 01:56 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 4milesperday View Post
    just wondering what he contributes to the team, can anyone elaborate?
    kaboommmmmmmm!!!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •