Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Boston Celtics vs. Portland Trailblazers

Game thread....11/15 at 7:30pm.

Since we have not had a game thread for the past few games I thought I'd put one up. I hate doing the graphics/code so if somebody wants to do that, knock yourself out.

Do we have a TM right now? I realize the C's are in "transition mode" but this is a little pathetic.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Traffic surely is slow here.

Not the case with all Celtic forums.

The general pessimistic / negative atmosphere that sometimes permeates this forum probably has as much to do with it as the "transition mode" the team is currently in. I actually find the "transition mode" entertaining and exciting. Lot's of tangents to converse on.

I am anxious for this game. I think it can provide a good early season barometer of where the team is at.
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash
    I'll start up weekly IGT's on Monday.

vCash

Sullinger had a career night…
    El Presidente

vCash

Was surprising to me since it was his first game back after a bit of a layoff
    El Presidente

vCash
    Tough road trip coming up. I can see us being 6-11 in short order.

Some people - "fanatics" call it "negative", however realists (you know - over age 30, have a mortgage and a family, etc.) like their basketball served up with side helpings of reality and not fantasy/wishful thinking/BS. Honesty and reality are always preferable to the mists of fanaticism that clouds some minds. There is nothing at all wrong with hope, but when it's substituted for fair analysis, then you have a playpen full of physically grown adults incapable of fairness. For instance I hope we win the title this year, but I know that will not happen.

I've joined other Celt Forums over the past year, and am frankly aghast at what passes for fair discourse in them. For all it's flaws, this Forum is still more well balanced then any of the others. I am proud to have contributed my share of that. When being positive is equal to being willfully ignorant - or childishly optimistic due to the color of the jersey count me out.

Some of us prefer to engage with others mind to mind here, still others prefer passive-aggressive back biting/sniping due to the public choice of having put me on ignore. Either stand forth or stand aside.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-16-2013 at 11:47 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

Can a 24 year old with a mortgage payment be included on this. I'm also on the bandwagon of sucking. I'm just hoping that all the games are close competitive and fun to watch
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I kind of agree with this, but then we'd end up will BB in a helicopter trying to fly over random football fields all over the country.
    Big Brother is watching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Can a 24 year old with a mortgage payment be included on this. I'm also on the bandwagon of sucking. I'm just hoping that all the games are close competitive and fun to watch
    Sure.

To everyone:

Look I'm as much or more a C's fan as anyone breathing. I see we'll need to build via draft/trades/FA's - just like everyone else in the NBA. I don't care what percentage of which we do as long as we get back to the Finals sooner rather than later.

Anyone that thinks the current team's core can be the base of a title team is however deluded. If 3 years from now Rondo is the 3rd best player on the team, and the #1 player is not top 15, then we'll be going home without any rings.

There are some useful pieces on the team. But it's not a core to win with, just to compete with (IE compete with other mid tier teams in the #12-24 range - or basically teams mostly going nowhere. It's not traitorous to see it and talk about, it'r ridiculous to think this team is largely OK roster wise, it's not.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-16-2013 at 04:38 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....