Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will The 49ers Win Another SB?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 58.62%
  • No

12 41.38%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Will The 49ers Win A Super Bowl With their Core Group?

Well all know their run began in 2011 with Jim Harbaugh as the coach and talented all around players like Alex Smith, Vernon Davis,Micheal Crabtree, Frank Gore, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis etc. They reached all the way to the NFC championship where they lost to the Giants. Then last season was kinda shaky with the whole Alex Smith/Kapernick thing but they were able to get all the way to the Super Bowl but lost. This season looks to be quite worse with the CK struggling and the defense not what it was and now face the prospect of a wild card or not making the playoffs? Seattle looks to be poised to have a better run and is probably not going anywhere and probably will go to the big game this year. So will this niners group win it all or will ultimately fall by the waste side like all great teams who never got over the hump?

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Need to fix the passing game. D and run game are fine.

vCash
    If they kept Smith, probably. Without him and with Kaep having so many issues, I'm not sure they win a playoff game this year.

Doesn't help that their D has been worse this year either.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Need to fix the passing game. D and run game are fine.
    Fine, but not nearly as dominant as last year.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    I think your real issue is can Kap win the big one. I don't think so at his current level of play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    The defense is ranked 4th in PPG after an awful 3 week stretch. Haven't given up more than 20 points from week 4 on. Run game is averaging 147 yards per game with a 4.5 ypc. They're still very stout in both aspects.

vCash
    They very well could, and it would surprise no one if they did. But I hope they don't.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Are we talking just this year or over the next few years? This year I don't like our chances, but we still have that same core in place for some time yet to come and can add to it with young guys coming into their own.

Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

vCash
    Players? Yes. Coaches? No. Offensive Coordinator is garbage
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Let's see how they look once Crabtree is back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I dropped my phone in the toilet last night which ruined my week. If that makes you feel better.
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

vCash
    If they kept Smith, probably. Without him and with Kaep having so many issues, I'm not sure they win a playoff game this year.

Doesn't help that their D has been worse this year either.
    Clueless

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    Clueless
    Yep.

vCash
    The defense hasn't been as dominant as it has been the past couple years, but it's been good.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    They've been on the field too much this year. The more time you spend on the field, the more your stats suffer. It's pretty simple. Still a top team in points scored which is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Dem Phils!!! View Post
    I think your real issue is can Kap win the big one. I don't think so at his current level of play.
    He was literally one play from winning the biggest of the big ones already. Almost as stupid as when someone told me that he would never get us to the SB.

vCash
    Well this current core can't have too many years left as they'll have to start paying these young guys who are tearing it up including Kaep. Gore is on the wrong side of 30... he'll be hitting a decline soon. Still going to be a tough team and a contender over the next few years though. They certainly CAN win a SB, doesn't look good this year though as they'll probably have to win 3 on the road including most likely in Seattle where they've looked overmatched.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast