Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,747
    vCash
    1500

    Post game talk (Week 11 @ Ten)

    Normally I do a post game thread highlighting the bad OR highlighting the bad, but I'm creating this to focus on both.

    The thing about this game is.. at the end of the game my feelings about the team didn't change. I'm not less confident and I'm not more confident. I'm happy we won, but I don't really know what I just watched..

    Andrew Luck - I'm not sure how much more pressure he can handle, but he was really good tonight. over 60% on his passes, he got us back in the game.

    Donald Brown - Dude was ridiculous. Whether it's scheme, personnel, or blocking, it doesn't matter. He's getting the results.

    Coby Fleener - Best game as a pro? Maybe the Colts found their possession WR. 8 catches and a lot of first downs.

    Vinatieri - Perfect on FGs including another 50 yarder.

    Offensive line - Great run blocking... DB got a lot of yards on those counter plays, but they obviously can't protect the QB.

    Trent Richardson - Meh.

    Bethea - awful in coverage.

    Landry - awful in coverage.

    LB's - great in 2nd half stopping CJ, but they can't cover. However, if they stop the run like they did in the 2nd half, that's what we need.

    Angerer - nice onside kick recovery.

    D-Line - Most impressed with RJF. Not enough pressure on Fitzpatrick though, including Mathis.

    CB's - Vaughn sucks.

    Coaching - I honestly don't know.

    -----------------------

    THoughts on tonight's game?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    All Up In There!
    Posts
    3,886
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Normally I do a post game thread highlighting the bad OR highlighting the bad, but I'm creating this to focus on both.

    The thing about this game is.. at the end of the game my feelings about the team didn't change. I'm not less confident and I'm not more confident. I'm happy we won, but I don't really know what I just watched..

    Andrew Luck - I'm not sure how much more pressure he can handle, but he was really good tonight. over 60% on his passes, he got us back in the game.

    Donald Brown - Dude was ridiculous. Whether it's scheme, personnel, or blocking, it doesn't matter. He's getting the results.

    Coby Fleener - Best game as a pro? Maybe the Colts found their possession WR. 8 catches and a lot of first downs.

    Vinatieri - Perfect on FGs including another 50 yarder.

    Offensive line - Great run blocking... DB got a lot of yards on those counter plays, but they obviously can't protect the QB.

    Trent Richardson - Meh.

    Bethea - awful in coverage.

    Landry - awful in coverage.

    LB's - great in 2nd half stopping CJ, but they can't cover. However, if they stop the run like they did in the 2nd half, that's what we need.

    Angerer - nice onside kick recovery.

    D-Line - Most impressed with RJF. Not enough pressure on Fitzpatrick though, including Mathis.

    CB's - Vaughn sucks.

    Coaching - I honestly don't know.

    -----------------------

    THoughts on tonight's game?
    I didn't get to watch the game but like what you posted about Fleener....did they use him in the slot at all?
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    863
    vCash
    1500
    I'm buying into the idea that this team will come back. By the 2nd quarter the defense was making stops and the offense was beginning to move the ball. I believed they had a chance.

    On Offense, I'm glad to see Fleener catching the ball consistently and making an impact on the game. Brown is not an All-Pro but is running consistently and makes big plays. Two guys who have been in the "doghouse" (at least the fans) for mistakes. I think they have to find a way to restore DHBs confidence. He may not be in Indy beyond this season, but his skill set can make a difference for this team.

    On Defense I was impressed with Walden in the 2nd half. Too bad he probably won't be building on that performance against AZ. I was very confident in this unit after Denver, but I haven't seen that swagger since they'd Toler was making more of a difference than I thought, but I have a hard time believing he was making that level of an impact.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    63
    vCash
    1500
    Did anyone else notice that at times it looked like the Colts were playing Cherilus at LT, Castanzo at LG and Linkenbach at RT along with Satele and McGlynn? Regardless of the lineup, the OL is not playing well for the entire game. McGlynn is easily beat by a single rusher, Satele is often looking around for someone to block and they are all very slow to recognize blitzes and stunts. Neither Richardson or Brown look good when they stay in the block, leaving Luck a very short amount of time to make a decision to throw/run.

    Yes, Brown and Fleener had surprisingly good games and the team seemed to play better after the first half. However, I'm not getting my hopes up as they were playing the Titans with Fitzpatrick at QB, the same team that lost to the Jags. There was barely a pass rush, Delanie Walker could not be stopped and if AV misses that 50 yarder, the Colts lose the game as the Titans would have taken over at the 40 and probably scored on that drive. Unless we see marked improvement from many of the players, this team will go 8-8 or 9-7 and be one and done in the playoffs.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,848
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTChance View Post
    Did anyone else notice that at times it looked like the Colts were playing Cherilus at LT, Castanzo at LG and Linkenbach at RT along with Satele and McGlynn? Regardless of the lineup, the OL is not playing well for the entire game. McGlynn is easily beat by a single rusher, Satele is often looking around for someone to block and they are all very slow to recognize blitzes and stunts. Neither Richardson or Brown look good when they stay in the block, leaving Luck a very short amount of time to make a decision to throw/run.

    Yes, Brown and Fleener had surprisingly good games and the team seemed to play better after the first half. However, I'm not getting my hopes up as they were playing the Titans with Fitzpatrick at QB, the same team that lost to the Jags. There was barely a pass rush, Delanie Walker could not be stopped and if AV misses that 50 yarder, the Colts lose the game as the Titans would have taken over at the 40 and probably scored on that drive. Unless we see marked improvement from many of the players, this team will go 8-8 or 9-7 and be one and done in the playoffs.
    They started off slow last night but I agree with most of what you said. When we did go with that 3 Tackle blocking scheme, we definitely held our own. Obviously that shows we have no faith in Hugh Thronton as our LG right now (which I completely agree with), but I guess we are doing whatever it takes...and I am on board with that. As everyone else would probably say, take out the 1st quarter and I thought we did a much better job of protecting Andrew for the remainder of the game.

    Side note: I want to see Andrew run it more.

    Also...Mayock last night kept praising McGlynn on how he is one of the best...I couldn't help but LOL. Anyways for the game last night, a few notes on my side...

    1. With Reggie Wayne out for the year, you could tell last night that this offense is transitioning into more of a 5-10 yard pass scheme. With DHB/Hilton/Brazil all being known for their "downfield speed" and Reggie was our main "possession" guy, everyone is going into different roles. It will be difficult throughout the rest of the year (especially next week against Arizona's strong pass defense) for the new guys to adjust to that, but I think down the road it will be significantly beneficial. Fleener is stepping it up and I love it. We consistently bash Pep Hamilton but I think last night, against a pretty good Titans Pass Defense, his game plan from the 2nd quarter on was spot on.

    2. SF you said Cassius Vaughn was bad last night but I disagree, I thought he held his own. I do agree that Antoine Bethea was poor...and that's kind of how he has been all season. He's really underperformed in most aspects of his game which I think has lead to the pass defense's downfall. Compared to the St. Louis game, we did a much better job of avoiding the "big play" from their passing attack. They hit us with those damn cross routes (which exposed our LB's weak pass defense) throughout the game but really keeping Kendall Wright (who has big time speed) in check all night was huge. Vontae Davis did well, and I thought Darius Butler had the play of the game when he poked the ball out of Nate Washington's hands in the 2nd half.

    3. I know Walden had that bone-head play and he should have been ejected...but in the 2nd half I thought he played very well. Credit to him and the rest of our run defense for holding CJ in check from the 2nd quarter on. Regardless, I wish we could just stop with these damn slow starts...people keep talking about our "comeback record" being awesome, but that's not a stat you want to be proud of! I'm not saying I don't like these comebacks, I'm just tired of us putting ourselves in those positions

    #iubb

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTChance View Post
    Did anyone else notice that at times it looked like the Colts were playing Cherilus at LT, Castanzo at LG and Linkenbach at RT along with Satele and McGlynn? Regardless of the lineup, the OL is not playing well for the entire game. McGlynn is easily beat by a single rusher, Satele is often looking around for someone to block and they are all very slow to recognize blitzes and stunts. Neither Richardson or Brown look good when they stay in the block, leaving Luck a very short amount of time to make a decision to throw/run.

    Yes, Brown and Fleener had surprisingly good games and the team seemed to play better after the first half. However, I'm not getting my hopes up as they were playing the Titans with Fitzpatrick at QB, the same team that lost to the Jags. There was barely a pass rush, Delanie Walker could not be stopped and if AV misses that 50 yarder, the Colts lose the game as the Titans would have taken over at the 40 and probably scored on that drive. Unless we see marked improvement from many of the players, this team will go 8-8 or 9-7 and be one and done in the playoffs.
    We are 7-3 with 6 games to go. You think we'll go 1-5 or 2-4 to finish this year with basically a free win at home vs JAX still on the schedule?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    They started off slow last night but I agree with most of what you said. When we did go with that 3 Tackle blocking scheme, we definitely held our own. Obviously that shows we have no faith in Hugh Thronton as our LG right now (which I completely agree with), but I guess we are doing whatever it takes...and I am on board with that. As everyone else would probably say, take out the 1st quarter and I thought we did a much better job of protecting Andrew for the remainder of the game.

    Side note: I want to see Andrew run it more.

    Also...Mayock last night kept praising McGlynn on how he is one of the best...I couldn't help but LOL. Anyways for the game last night, a few notes on my side...

    2. SF you said Cassius Vaughn was bad last night but I disagree, I thought he held his own. I do agree that Antoine Bethea was poor...and that's kind of how he has been all season. He's really underperformed in most aspects of his game which I think has lead to the pass defense's downfall. Compared to the St. Louis game, we did a much better job of avoiding the "big play" from their passing attack. They hit us with those damn cross routes (which exposed our LB's weak pass defense) throughout the game but really keeping Kendall Wright (who has big time speed) in check all night was huge. Vontae Davis did well, and I thought Darius Butler had the play of the game when he poked the ball out of Nate Washington's hands in the 2nd half.
    You're probably right. I just don't like him and I hated his personal foul penalty. I normally focus on Vontae when I watch games so it is easy to overlook Vaughn.

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,848
    vCash
    1500
    ^That foul penalty was BS. If that had happened earlier in the game then sure, but either you call it on both or neither. No punches were thrown, no helmets were taken off, etc.

    #iubb

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    63
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    We are 7-3 with 6 games to go. You think we'll go 1-5 or 2-4 to finish this year with basically a free win at home vs JAX still on the schedule?
    Depends on which Colts team shows up each week. There are no free wins in the NFL. As I mentioned above, if AV misses that 50 yard field goal, the Colts likely lose to the Titans. If Kubiak didn't have a stroke at halftime, maybe they lose to the Texans. The same applies to the rest of the season. This team cannot afford to play half a game and always pull out a win.

    Looking forward, Carson Palmer will carve up this secondary more than Ryan Fitzpatrick if the D plays like they did in the first half. The same goes for Andy Dalton. Even if the Colts play well, they may not beat the Chiefs. That would be three losses right there.
    The other 3 games are against the Titans, Texans and Jags. If the Colts play like they did against the Broncos, all three are easily winnable. If they play like they did against the Rams, they coould lose all three, although they still may eek out a win over the Jags. That would put them at 9-7.

    Personally, I'm expecting at least 3 wins out of the next 6, although I would hope for 5.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Macon GA.
    Posts
    781
    vCash
    1500
    DHB has made it clear we are gonna pursue Macklin next season.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,848
    vCash
    1500
    ^Yup. Pagano denied he was benched, says he has an ankle injury...smh.

    #iubb

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    DHB has made it clear we are gonna pursue Macklin next season.
    Who else is available?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Macon GA.
    Posts
    781
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Who else is available?
    Not much from what I read. Names like Emmanuel Sanders, Hakeem Nicks, Eric Decker, Golden Tate, Jacoby Jones, James Jones, and Kenny Brit. There are other but those most of the good options.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,747
    vCash
    1500
    Damn, we do need to get younger and better at WR but there aren't many good options. I guess we could draft someone with our 2nd rd pick.

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,996
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Damn, we do need to get younger and better at WR but there aren't many good options. I guess we could draft someone with our 2nd rd pick.
    I hate to keep harping on Grigson, but the WR,Position is another example to me,of him screwing the pooch. He had every chance to keep Garçon on the roster, and chose not to. Instead we got what's his face last year and Dhb this year, bothnof whom have far worse hands than Garçon does which allegedly was the reason they didn't try to resign him in FA.

    Wayne, garçon and Hilton would have been a pretty sweet group this year. And with Wayne out, garçon would be a sweet addition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •