Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

All Time Magic Team?

1st Team-
    SF-Dennis Scott
    PF-Grant
    C-Shaq
    SG-T-Mac
    PG-Jameer (as much as I'd love to put Darrell Armstrong here, Jameer has been better for longer)

2nd team-
    SF-Turkoglu
    PF-Rashard
    C-Dwight
    SG-Penny
    PG-Darrell Armstrong

3rd team-
    SF-Grant Hill (he's had a better career than the two guys ahead of him, but I'm basing it on his time in Orlando and he was on crutches half the time. If I wasn't I'd have to put guys like Ewing and Dominique on here)
    PF-Bo Outlaw
    C-Vucevic (Who else is there really for the third spot?)
    SG-Nick Anderson
    PG-Scott Skiles

Favorites-
    Forwards-Turk and Dennis Scott
    Center-Vucevic (the other two contenders definitely won't be getting a spot......)
    Guards-T-Mac and Darrell
    JJ, Pietrus, and Pat Garrity can be sharpshooters off the bench.

vCash
    First Team
    PG: Penny Hardaway
    SG: Vince Carter
    SF: Tracy McGrady
    PF: Horace Grant
    C: Shaquille O'Neal

Second Team
    PG: Darrell Armstrong
    SG: Nick Anderson
    SF: Grant Hill
    PF: Rashard Lewis
    C: Dwight Howard

Third Team
    PG: Jameer Nelson
    SG: J.J. Redick
    SF: Dennis Scott
    PF: Bo Outlaw
    C: Ben Wallace

Honrable Mentions

Steve Francis
    Brian Shaw
    Mickael Pietrus
    Marcin Gortat
    Courtney Lee
    Hedo Turkoglu
    Scott Skiles
    Ryan Anderson

vCash
    This is easy.

PG: Troy Hudson
    SG: Jeryl Sasser
    SF: Mike Miller
    PF: Pat Garrity
    C: Steven Hunter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    This is easy.

PG: Troy Hudson
    SG: Jeryl Sasser
    SF: Mike Miller
    PF: Pat Garrity
    C: Steven Hunter
    The year the Magic drafted BOTH Jeryl Sasser AND Steven Hunter in the same year has to be one of the best draft classes of all time. What a coup. We both forgot to include Fran Vasquez on our teams too; that's an inexcusable mistake that I now feel bad about.

vCash

I think that 4 of the 5 are obvious choices. Penny, Nick, Tracy and Dwight are all in the top 5 of total win shares with the Magic. They clearly are the obvious choices at their position if you're factoring in both quality of play AND longevity. Obviously Shaq is the tough one to leave out, but I want to be honest to the positions played. I could have put Dwight at the 4 and Shaq at the 5, but nah. Shaq is a better player than Dwight, but Dwight had a better Magic career.

Second team:

PG: Jameer Nelson
    SG: JJ Redick
    SF: Hedo Turkoglu
    PF: Rashard Lewis
    C: Shaq O'Neal

Jameer, Hedo and Sahq are obvious choices IMO. Again, they're all in the top 10 in total win shares with the Magic signifying longevity and quality. SG is a position that's kinda been consistently weak for Orlando. JJ cracks the top-10 in games played with Orlando, and had a very solid career. Vince sucked with us and wasn't here long enough. Lewis just narrowly edges out Outlaw...but both are fine picks.

PG: Darrell Armstrong
    SG: Gonna leave this blank...spot reserved for Oladipo!
    SF: Dennis Scott
    PF: Bo Outlaw
    C: Marcin Gortat

Vucevic will beat out Gortat shortly. Didn't feel comfortable throwing somone in there at SG, because the drop off at that point is huge. Darrell and Dennis are obvious choices.

Honorable mentions:

Grant Hill: it's a shame he's not on one of the three lists, but he played in just 200 games and didn't crack 20 win shares
    Scott Skiles
    Pat Garrity - 9 seasons with the Magic
    Ryan Anderson - really, really good for a very tiny amount of time
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    PG-Penny Hardaway
    SG-J.J. Redick
    SF-Tracy McGrady
    PF-Dwight Howard
    C-Shaq

Team has scoring, shooting and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post

I think that 4 of the 5 are obvious choices. Penny, Nick, Tracy and Dwight are all in the top 5 of total win shares with the Magic. They clearly are the obvious choices at their position if you're factoring in both quality of play AND longevity. Obviously Shaq is the tough one to leave out, but I want to be honest to the positions played. I could have put Dwight at the 4 and Shaq at the 5, but nah. Shaq is a better player than Dwight, but Dwight had a better Magic career.
    That might be the best overall team you could get for the first team (although I'd still give Shaq the spot just because I think he was better at his best in Orlando than Dwight was, even though Dwight was here longer. I actually dislike Shaq far more than Howard so it's not a sour grapes thing). Some of it just depends on where you want to put people in the lineup. T-Mac mostly played guard when he was here, so that's where I put him, and I don't think of Penny as a pure PG.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    PG-Penny Hardaway
    SG-J.J. Redick
    SF-Tracy McGrady
    PF-Dwight Howard
    C-Shaq

Team has scoring, shooting and defense.
    Putting Shaq at Center and Dwight at PF is actually a great idea too. It feels like they should both be on the 1st team.

vCash
    IN my original lists I had Dwight at PF and Shaq at the C spot...but then I had to figure out who to put at the center spot on the third team and that was tough. Probably was gonna be Gortat, with Vucci a few games away from taking that.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Starting Line up. T-Mac playing the point forward role, Nelson and Anderson on the wings for shooting purposes, Dwight and Shaq down low, Shaq in the Low post with Dwight setting the screens. Penny as the 6th man off the bench with Grant close behind

Nelson
    Anderson
    T-Mac
    Howard
    Shaq
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    If I'm creating one team of players in their respective Magic primes to beat any other team, I'm going

Hardaway's 1996 season
    McGrady's 2003 season
    Hedo's 2008 season
    Lewis' 2009 season
    Shaq's 1995 season

Dwight and Shaq at the same time is redundant. Stretch the floor with Lewis. The trio in the backcourt are all play-makers and decent 3 point shooters. There's great length and size too...defending that lineup would be incredibly tough.

I'm not a huge Nick Anderson fan. I mean, I am...I just don't think he was as great as many Magic fans revere him. I'd gladly slide T-Mac to the two to get Hedo's best season in there.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    If I'm creating one team of players in their respective Magic primes to beat any other team, I'm going

Hardaway's 1996 season
    McGrady's 2003 season
    Hedo's 2008 season
    Lewis' 2009 season
    Shaq's 1995 season

Dwight and Shaq at the same time is redundant. Stretch the floor with Lewis. The trio in the backcourt are all play-makers and decent 3 point shooters. There's great length and size too...defending that lineup would be incredibly tough.

I'm not a huge Nick Anderson fan. I mean, I am...I just don't think he was as great as many Magic fans revere him. I'd gladly slide T-Mac to the two to get Hedo's best season in there.

Nick Anderson was one of my fav Magic players of all time. If I recall you're a few years younger then me so you prob never got to fully appreciate him and watch him. He wasn't a superstar but I liked his all around game. He was a great 3rd option to have behind Shaq and Penny. He would average 14-19 ppg 4-6 apg 4-6 rpg & 1.5 spg. Just impacted the game in all aspects. You can't ask for more from a 3rd option player.

Here's a fun fact for everyone. The infamous Shaq bringing down the backboard game we always see in highlights was a game Nick Anderson went for 50 points. Though Shaq bringing down the rim overshadows it.

vCash
    I was an aware Magic fan during Anderson's time, but I was definitely young. I was still in elementary school when he last played for us. I know most people who were Magic fans around that time loved Anderson. Don't get me wrong, I liked him...but as a 10 year old or whatever there were just others I liked more. I was too young to really be rational about it, but guys like Penny, Horace and Darrell were guys I gravitated to more.

He was a better player than Hedo, I just slightly prefer Hedo in that lineup because of his play-making. I think he was a slightly better three point shooter than Nick, too.

It's splitting hairs.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    I'd take Hedo, just to make the line-up enormous lol

vCash
    The team that wins the first championship!

Or
    Penny
    TMac
    Carter
    Howard
    Shaq
    Can I get all the non Bandwagon true fans to stand up?

vCash
    Shaq and Dwight would cancel each other out. One would be rendered virtually ineffective. It'd be worse than Houston's situation, much worse. It wouldn't work because Dwight would be reduced to absolutely nothing. I like Grant at the 4 spot or even Ryan Anderson/Rashard Lewis to spread the floor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast