Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Madden Not Enough? Play With This

vCash
    I can see why Pep will be cut....way too much money for him and you can gain over $9M by cutting him. Duh?

Nice link. Thanks....but we'll see more posts and threads stating "Cut Hester, save $10M!!"

vCash
    I really don't know, but if we restructured Peppers for $9m next year would it not benefit us as oppose to cutting him and having $8+m in dead money?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    I really don't know, but if we restructured Peppers for $9m next year would it not benefit us as oppose to cutting him and having $8+m in dead money?
    Probably, but that depends on him agreeing to that. For him it would be better to be cut and sign another contract, so you'll have to meet him somewhere in between.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Probably, but that depends on him agreeing to that. For him it would be better to be cut and sign another contract, so you'll have to meet him somewhere in between.
    Ok, what about doing $9m for next year & then $5m for the year after. I hate having $8m+ in dead money. I know he isn't the same player, but he could give us something and that way we don't have to go get another DE and pay the dead money.

vCash
    Wow, that thing is extremely detailed lol. Phil's job would be way too stressful for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    Ok, what about doing $9m for next year & then $5m for the year after. I hate having $8m+ in dead money. I know he isn't the same player, but he could give us something and that way we don't have to go get another DE and pay the dead money.
    I'm not an expert on this by any means, but I think that having him play for 1 more season means the bears would take a cap hit for the following season, because he's still under contract.

2014 - $17.183
    2015 - $20.683

I believe the cap hit reflects a portion of this years salary and the next years salary (if the bears cut him at the end of the season).

Basically, he's looking to make 37 million over the next two seasons and restructuring 2014 will just put a bigger cap hit (dead $) on 2015.... I believe. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bear...ppers-contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice:27412467
    Wow, that thing is extremely detailed lol. Phil's job would be way too stressful for me.
    You want to see something hard to deal with, take a look at the cowboys lol. They are like 20 mil over already for next yr and most of their top paid players would result in a cap loss if they were cut. Hilarious