Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace

vCash

Mike Wallace

Just wanted to check the temp in the room on Mike Wallace.

Me personally... I don't see him as overpaid or a bust. I see him as a guy who is being vastly underutilized. When we signed him we knew what we were getting. A burner with so-so hands. But we signed him anyway. We said we are gonna turn this guy into a number 1 wr. We have done nothing to accomplish this goal. I look around the league and I see a bunch of teams who have a #1 WR. A guy who everybody who has ever seen a football game knows they are gonna throw the ball to. And yet someow that guy still gets 8 or so catches for X amount of yards. I look at our team... all I hear are excuses. "He was double teamed" "It wasn't the right coverage" BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Do you think it's a surprise when Calvin Johnson is in double coverage, Or AJ Green and so on and on. Every other respectable passing team finds a way to get the ball to their playmakers. Instead we call 50 plays to Rishard mathews. Where is the motion? Where is the attempt to create a mismatch. The use of a bunch set. Mike Wallace is a good player. Ryan Tannehill is a good QB. This offense lacks diversity and creativity. It plays not to lose. Good teams play to win. Increased risk but increased reward.

Fire Ireland, Fire Sherman, force Phibin to call the plays. If next year there is no improvement fire Philbin and start all over. I'll be here

vCash
    Guy's a bum. Yeah he's not being used properly by our idiot coaches, but he's still a bum.

Complaining after the week 1 win....really.....after a win???

Even that deep pass out of bounds in the bucs game. Yeah, it was an awful pass but he didn't even try to drag his feet and extend. I've been watching the replay and it looks like he actually might have had a chance. But the jerk that he is, since it wasn't perfect and he's annoyed that Tanny sucks throwing deep, he didn't even try.

And even in the offseason he had to tweet some jerky comment about that Jason Collins guy who came out of the closet. WTF does he care if some fringe NBA guy is gay? Why bust his balls?

Idk.....guy just seems like a doush. I'd love to see him traded away by our new GM next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leroyp33 View Post
    Fire Ireland, Fire Sherman, force Phibin to call the plays. If next year there is no improvement fire Philbin and start all over. I'll be here
    He never even called plays for GB.

vCash
    That's why I said force. Mccarthy calls the plays in GB. But an ofensive minded coach who can't call plays? Why keep him beyond that. Why is he here? He has a DC and OC what exactly does he do? Complain about untied shoelaces. Idk... please tell me what tangible use a HC who cant be an effective leader (e.g. the bully bs) as well as not call plays.

I am not a big fan of firing coaches so fast. But gotta pull the plug in that case.

vCash
    No, Wallace is good. He is a good WR, but he gets doubled almost every time, especially in passing downs. You talk about AJ Green and Calvin Johnson . . . they are different than Wallace. They have the size and strength to out jump and out muscle double coverage. Wallace isn't that guy . . . every knows that. The only way he can beat double coverage is speed and the OL does not give Tanny enough time to allow Wallace to get that speed past the double.
    Your right, I agree that Sherman is an idiot when it comes to play calling now. If you move Wallace around, and like you said create those mismatches, then he becomes a stud for us. It comes down to creativity. Hell, Wallace and Hartline don't even switch sides at all. Thats pretty comical. Sherman has got to go after this year. He is holding this entire offense back. Too bad Tanny doesn't have the balls to audible almost 80% of the time.

vCash
    We want Wallace to be something he is not. He is a speed burner who stretches the field. Tannehill to Wallace is not a good match, two different style of players who don't fit well together.

vCash
    I think it is both and that they go hand in hand... he has a bad attitude, and when he is being vastly underutilized, it makes him do bonehead things (like the deep ball vs TB and im pretty sure thats the 2nd time he did that this year)..

But most of the blame falls on sherman... hes explosive with the ball in his hands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    No, Wallace is good. He is a good WR, but he gets doubled almost every time, especially in passing downs. You talk about AJ Green and Calvin Johnson . . . they are different than Wallace. They have the size and strength to out jump and out muscle double coverage. Wallace isn't that guy . . . every knows that. The only way he can beat double coverage is speed and the OL does not give Tanny enough time to allow Wallace to get that speed past the double.
    Your right, I agree that Sherman is an idiot when it comes to play calling now. If you move Wallace around, and like you said create those mismatches, then he becomes a stud for us. It comes down to creativity. Hell, Wallace and Hartline don't even switch sides at all. Thats pretty comical. Sherman has got to go after this year. He is holding this entire offense back. Too bad Tanny doesn't have the balls to audible almost 80% of the time.
    ok... clearly I know Wallace is not CJ or AJ Green. My point was that when a guy double teamed you don't just give up him and chalk it up as he is a "decoy" only. We have this defeatist attitude. I understood that attitude in prior years. We did not have the talent to impose our will on teams. But now we do have the talent to impose our will on teams with poor defenses and we still let other teams dictate how we play. Good teams do not do that. You will never be a legit team with that attitude.

vCash
    It's hard to look good when you have awful coaches who won't design plays for you to specifically get you the ball and a QB that can't hit you deep. He has played badly this year but it's not all his fault. Get him a new coaching staff that will actually utilize him and he'll look better.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    What happened to all the reports in training camp about how the offense was tearing through the defense by moving Wallace into the slot and having basically a "speed' package on offense? If we practiced them and had success with them in camp, why aren't we using them now?

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    What happened to all the reports in training camp about how the offense was tearing through the defense by moving Wallace into the slot and having basically a "speed' package on offense? If we practiced them and had success with them in camp, why aren't we using them now?
    THUMBS UP TO THIS... I have watched every down this year and let me say all Wallace does is run go routes... it's almost uncanny. I have never seen anything like it. Although not literally all but a vast majority of his routes are just go's. It's hard to believe. No crossing routes hardly ever. It's insane... If he can't play tough in the middle why is he making 60 mil...

The very first game one one of the annoucers alluded to the fact that Wallace and Hartline had static positions on the left and right. I thought it was a joke... turns out it was a joke but the joke was on us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leroyp33 View Post
    Just wanted to check the temp in the room on Mike Wallace.

Me personally... I don't see him as overpaid or a bust. I see him as a guy who is being vastly underutilized. When we signed him we knew what we were getting. A burner with so-so hands. But we signed him anyway. We said we are gonna turn this guy into a number 1 wr. We have done nothing to accomplish this goal. I look around the league and I see a bunch of teams who have a #1 WR. A guy who everybody who has ever seen a football game knows they are gonna throw the ball to. And yet someow that guy still gets 8 or so catches for X amount of yards. I look at our team... all I hear are excuses. "He was double teamed" "It wasn't the right coverage" BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Do you think it's a surprise when Calvin Johnson is in double coverage, Or AJ Green and so on and on. Every other respectable passing team finds a way to get the ball to their playmakers. Instead we call 50 plays to Rishard mathews. Where is the motion? Where is the attempt to create a mismatch. The use of a bunch set. Mike Wallace is a good player. Ryan Tannehill is a good QB. This offense lacks diversity and creativity. It plays not to lose. Good teams play to win. Increased risk but increased reward.

I disagree to a point. There are only 4 WR in NFL that get the ball at will and make plays over elite CB. Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, DeSean Jackson.

Players like Dez Bryant, Roddy White, M Colston, Larry Fitzgerald, Demarius Thomas, Percy Harvin, Brandon MArshall, Vincent Jackson, Jordy Nelson, Vicctor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Andre Johnson all get shut down by elite CB.

Wallace has played horrid at times this season. His pass blocking is a liability as well. Tannehill has also struggled with the deep ball accuracy at times, but Wallace has dropped cathable deep passes as well. There just seems to be a lack of chemisty between the two players.

On a positive note, Wallace is healthy so the possibility of trading him in the offseason for another over priced player is feasible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    I disagree to a point. There are only 4 WR in NFL that get the ball at will and make plays over elite CB. Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, DeSean Jackson.

Players like Dez Bryant, Roddy White, M Colston, Larry Fitzgerald, Demarius Thomas, Percy Harvin, Brandon MArshall, Vincent Jackson, Jordy Nelson, Vicctor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Andre Johnson all get shut down by elite CB.
    Not putting this all on you, but I see a lot of negative posts on Dez Bryant here. Guess Dolfans still trying to convince themselves that it was ok for Ireland to pass on him and end up with Odrick/Misi. That's a joke! There's isn't one GM in the league who wouldn't trade Odrick/Misi for Dez right now, without blinking!

I don't agree with your list of WRs anyway, but bottom line is that Dez is tied with just about two or three other guys (AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas and Julio when/if healthy) as the BEST WR IN THE NFL NOT NAMED CALVIN JOHNSON.

Not taking him led us into the disastrous contracts for Marshall (includin the loss of 2nds for 3rds) and now Wallace.

Wallace for me is just another reminder of Ireland trying to fix is huge mistake of passing on Dez. The sooner we get Ireland and Wallace out of here, the better.

vCash
    But in the meantime........yes, he should be used more creatively........maybe he'll even decide to try if we throw it to him more.

vCash
    I think some people are misunderstanding what I am trying to say. Mike Walace is NOT an elite wr. He is not Calvin Johnson or AJ Green. What I am saying is the following players on other teams make receptions every game. I am not saying they are all effective plays but their coaching staff does not submit to the will of the other team. Andre Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Kendall Wright, Demaryious Thomas, Victor Cruz, Jordy Nelson, Vincent Jackson. None of those guys are "Elite". Yet their coaches find a way to get them the ball consistently. The Dolphins just give up. No screens, no motion... they just say he's covered he's useless. When these guys get doubled or have tough matchup their staff gets creative. They find a way. We just give up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast