Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Patrick Eaves Waived

Sucks that we have to get of useful bottom six players when Samuelsson's cap hit is hurting us the most and we can't move him. Holland's idiotic signings of Samuelsson and Cleary come back to hurt us yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Only 228 more days until Suckelsson is a free agent. That day can't come fast enough.

vCash
    Sad face.

vCash
    This was inevitable. The Wings needed the cap space and Eaves is in his last year of his contract. Were they going to resign him anyway? I think the answer is no. Even if Eaves gets picked up on waivers, I'm not sure the Wings will be cap compliant. If he doesn't get picked up, the Wings only get $925,000 in cap relief and I don't think they will be cap compliant. My choices would have been to try and trade Sammy for whatever and carry back 1 mil of his salary. 2 mil for Sammy should be a good deal for someone. The other option would have been to waive Quincey, or try to trade him and do a carry back on him. I think it is doubtful the Wings resign him. IMO, Lashoff and Ouellet can take his spot. Getting rid of Quincey the Wings could have put Lashoff in the lineup with Ouellet as the 7th man. Either one of those options would have given them more cap space than waiving Eaves.
    The bright side: if Eaves clears waivers like Tootoo did the Wings end up with a ton of depth for the forward position, plus they end up looking good on the backend with Lashoff, Ouellet, and Almquist as extras.

vCash
    I don't like the idea of Almquist or Ouellet up full time right now. I also don't think we appreciate Kyle Quincey enough. Let these guys learn more so in the AHL. Gustav Nyquist has done everything there possible, right? Sure maybe these guys can play in the NHL right now but I think a year of being the man in the AHL while playing 10 games up is better for them, and us. We need Quincey. We're taking a big hurt with these guys in full-time.

Adam Almquist let's not forget had a rough outing against Winnipeg. He's undersized, and is a offensive defenseman. We're also competing, so why would we have a guy up full-time to be a liabiltiy? Almquist and Smith in the backend is just asking for trouble, no? Almquist needs to go back to Grand Rapids and stay there. He needs to continue and work on his defensive hockey, and continue to score in this men's league. North American men's league is more like it.

Xavier Ouellet could be an NHL regular defenseman right now. Again, I'd prefer him going down and learning a few more things in the AHL playing 22 minutes a game rather than 15 up here. Up here, he's not going to go offensively, do some things. He's 20 years old and just came up from the QMJHL. That's the worse CHL league. Have him in the AHL, beside Ryan Sproul, and have him work with thee old trial and error which he can't do right now in Detroit. Find what works. See how to start rushes here, how to stop this guy, etc, Strong chance that Ouellet is up next year too, which is shocking based on the age.

Placing Patrick Eaves on waivers makes a lot of sense. Eaves is a great player. Maybe not great in terms of Crosby but he's a great guy to have in the lockerroom, to kill a penalty and to chip in. He should be getting shifts on the third line, regular games, and he simpyl cannot here with us stuck rotating x amount of players in. Hopefully he's claimed by a playoff team. His stock is certainly up from getting bought out by the Bruins.

We have a lot of expirings (Cleary, Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, Alfredsson, Eaves). Remember that boys. It's time to add some kids in full-time and start to work on the next generation as well coming up once in awhile.

vCash
    I'd be perfectly fine with Ouellet up full time. I don't think Quincey is nearly as good as you think he is.

vCash
    I don't think Quincey is that good at all, specifically in this role, but at this point, I'd rather Quincey than Ouellet. Ouellet has looked good in two games, in 15 minutes each game. Let's not rush these kids. DeKeyser was 22 years old and playing in a men league's opposed to Ouellet.

vCash
    Eaves cleared waivers. That's good. Gives the Wings a lot of depth.

vCash
    That's not good at all. In fact, I'm shocked he cleared waivers.

vCash
    It may not be good for Eaves, but it is great for the Wings. They have a ton of forward depth and now that we have seen Ouellet can play in the NHL, the Wings have a lot of depth on the backend. Heck, I can't remember the Wings having this much depth, especially if you add in Mrazek in the goalie position.

vCash
    "Eaves, 29, was a minus-2 and had no points in three appearances this season. He couldn't crack Detroit's lineup, and the Wings tried to trade him before resorting to waivers. Eaves is in the final year of a contract worth $1.2 million." per Helene St James

vCash
    Let's not forget McCollum who has been lights out in the AHL. That kid has really bounced back. However, I thought Eaves looked solid in three games, despite the -2. He looked solid on the PK. Like I've said, I really like the bottom six'ers playing the PK instead of our top guns.

vCash
    Ferraro is out of options next year if I am correct. Same with Nyquist, Sheahan is pretty close to ready. Thats three spots im guessing Bert, Alfie and Sammy at least arent back

Z-Dats-Mule
    Nyquist-Weiss-Tats
    Abby-Helm-Sheahan
    Miller-Andy-Ferraro/Tootoo

Defensively AA needs to get better. With XO, Sproul, Marchenko and Jensen hard to see room for AA. Funny thing is that is 3/4 righty's something we could use.

vCash
    Btw we have a lot of cap space, and will have more (I am betting we use our last buyout on Tootoo). There are some interesting top 6 fixes on the FA market.

vCash
    Eww, Sheahan being up on the third line is asking for trouble. I can't see Landon ever on the Red Wings to be honest. Let's be real here, we're not bringing that many kids up. We'll probably just have Tatar and Nyquist. We'll sign a veteran.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast