Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 11: The San Diego Chargers @ The Miami Dolphins

Code:
    Week 11 The San Diego Chargers @ The Miami Dolphins Sun Life Stadium Sunday November 17th [4:10 PM ET]
    2013 Passing Leaders
    QB Rating Yards Touchdowns Interceptions
    105.9 2,691 18 7
    Philip Rivers
    81.2 2,206 13 10
    Ryan Tannehill
    2013 Rushing Leaders
    Yards Carries Yards Per Carry Touchdowns
    539 131 4.1 2
    Ryan Mathews
    450 100 4.5 2
    Lamar Miller
    2013 Receiving Leaders
    Yards Catches Yards Per Catch Touchdowns
    612 52 11.8 2
    Antonio Gates
    534 43 12.4 2
    Brian Hartline
    2013 Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks Interceptions
    Eric Weddle Corey Liuget Derek Cox 70 3 1 Phillip Wheeler Cam Wake Dimitri Patterson 63 5.5 4
    More Stats
    DO NOT POST LINKS OF THE GAME. ANYTHING POSTED WILL BE DELETED. IF YOU HAVE A LINK JUST SAY YOU HAVE ONE AND THEN PRIVATE MESSAGE IT TO SOMEONE.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-15-2013 at 11:27 PM.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Apparently Dunlap is out. Wake better wreck havoc.

2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

vCash
    Thought I'd do my weekly PFF update here on starters,

Tannehill (7th - 5th in passing)
    Miller (41st - 33rd in rushing)
    Hartline (17st) Mathews (30th) Wallace (106th of 110)
    Clay (54th - Really bad blocking grade)
    McKinne (33rd) Clabo (66th)
    Gardner (80th) Jerry (25th)
    Pouncey (6th)

Wake (4th) Vernon (37th)
    Starks (2nd) Odrick (11th) Soliai (24th)
    Misi (16th) Wheeler (34th of 35)
    Ellerbe (23rd)
    Grimes (5th) Patterson (17th) Carroll (43rd) Wilson (51st)
    Clemons (7th) Jones (80th of 86)

vCash
    Shame how Soliai and R. Jones have fallen off.

Can't believe how much money Ireland paid Wheeler and Ellerbe - unreal.

Wallace a total disaster. The more replays I see of that deep pass that he caught out of bounds, the more I think it could've been caught. It was a bad throw but he didn't even try to drag his toes and extend. I think Hartline might've pulled that in with toes down. Wallace is a bum when things aren't going perfectly.

Sad that Dion Jordan isn't even registering on the meter.

Pouncey ranked well. Cool that he can brag about that when he ends up in jail.

vCash
    sigh, i really don't know how this will play out. Maybe our D steps it up to save our offense. I really can't judge this team anymore on games. Its so damn random.

MIA 6
    SD 3

Yeah, thats my best guess and hoping for a Phins win.

vCash
    Pouncey was no where to be seen at practice today.

That would really hurt not having him.... Also our backup OT Will Yeatman reportedly hurt his knee and might be done for the season.

vCash
    Yeatman tore his ACL so he's done.

Who knows what Pouncey was up to. I have a bad feeling with him. If it's not being tied into bullygate, then it might be something else he did with Aaron Hernandez, but one way or another I just have a feeling he's done something stupid enough to be suspended. And he hasn't yet, I'd like to see us trade him before he does.

vCash
    Pouncey was at practice just was dealing with a illness, seems he was there when the media wasn't around.

Patterson (groin), Pouncey (illness) & Wallace (hamstring) all questionable.

vCash
    Shame Patterson is never healthy. Guy can plan when he's on the field.

vCash
    our defense needs to get off the field on 3rd down and we win. SD likes to control the clock with long drives. Keenan Allen is my biggest worry and i hope they put Grimes on him instead of Grimes on Brown. Gates is a matchup problem as well but i think Coyle will make him be the focus point of stopping.

every game is a must win at this point if we want to think playoffs. i think we lose 38-20 but am hoping for the best. am expecting a high scoring affair
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 11-15-2013 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    We need this one... a loss here and the draft is all we got left till kickoff 2014.

Speaking of the draft has anyone seen Dion Jordan, Jamar Taylor or Will Davis. I live in Philly so you guys in Florida are they on milk cartons down there or what?
    Last edited by leroyp33; 11-15-2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: dion jordan sig

vCash
    Hey Fin buddies, how are ya? We'll we're up this week and looks to be a good one.
    If you guys don't mind I'd like to post some info from the Chargers point of view;

For the Chargers Keys to the game seem to be;

1. Stop the Miami run
    2. Protect the ball, Miami’s secondary are ball hawks. They have the second most interceptions in the league with 12, and Dmitri Patterson ranks second in the league with four picks.
    3. Where the hell is Wallace? The Chargers need to be aware of where Dolphin’s wide receiver Mike Wallace is on the football field at all times. The prized free agent acquisition has the ability to stretch the defense as well as any player in the league.
    4. Keep our statue Rivers, of a QB upright, against the speedy pass rush of Cameron Wake and the Dolphins

What to Watch For…

On Offense for the Chargers

The man making the offense tick continues to be Philip Rivers . The quarterback is on track to set a new NFL single-season record for completion percentage, connecting at a clip of 71.6 percent. Overall, he’s completed 232 of 324 attempts for 2,691 yards with 18 touchdowns and just seven interceptions. In addition to his outstanding completion percentage, Rivers is also on track to set a new career-high for season passer rating and his current mark of 105.9 is more than 10 points higher than his career rating of 95.5. Rivers is averaging 299.0 yards per game, which if it continues would also set a career high as his previous best was 294.4 in 2010.

On Offense for the Dolphins

Second-year quarterback Ryan Tannehill will line up under center for the Dolphins on Sunday. He’s completed 202 of 331 attempts (61.0 percent) for 2,206 yards, 13 touchdowns and 10 interceptions for an 81.2 passer rating. While he’s had his fair share of success this year, he’s also been hit hard, having been sacked 37 times. Tannehill’s top targets include Brian Hartline (43 catches for 534 yards and two touchdowns) and free agent acquisition Mike Wallace (40 receptions for 495 yards and one touchdown). On the ground, the Dolphins feature a two-headed rushing attack spearheaded by Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas. Miller has carried the ball 100 times for 450 yards (4.5 yards per carry) and two touchdowns, while Thomas has toted it 64 times for 214 yards (3.3 yards per carry) and a pair of TDs as well.

On Defense for the Chargers

The Chargers are coming off an outing against Denver in which they held the Broncos to just 84 yards on the ground, only the third time this season the Broncos failed to reach the century mark. Injuries have opened the door for several young players to contribute big plays, particularly at outside linebacker where last week Thomas Keiser managed to get a team-high three hits on quarterback Peyton Manning, while Tourek Williams recorded his first-career sack, along with a forced fumble that led to a Chargers’ touchdown . Meanwhile, for the second week in a row, inside linebacker Manti Te’o set a new career-high with nine tackles.

On Defense for the Dolphins

Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler pace the team in tackles with 66 and 63 respectively. A dangerous pass rusher, Cameron Wake leads the Dolphins with 5.5 sacks, followed by Jared Odrick with 3.5. The team has also had a knack for picking the ball off, totaling 12 interceptions on the season, which ranks fifth in the NFL. Dmitri Patterson boasts four of them, while Brent Grimes has two, including a 94-yard pick six against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Series History

The series between the Chargers and Dolphins is even at 14-14 with the Chargers having won the last two, both in San Diego (23-13 in 2009 and 26-16 in 2011). The Dolphins have won eight of the 12 meetings in Miami, including the last six. The Chargers’ last win in Miami was a 41-38 overtime win in the 1981 Divisional Playoffs at the Orange Bowl.

By the Numbers

For the year, the Chargers rank seventh in total offense (395.4 yards per game), fourth in passing (288.7 ypg), 19th in rushing (106.8 ypg) and 16th in points (23.6). The Dolphins rank 30th in total offense (303.9 ypg), 21st in passing (216.9 ypg), 25th in rushing (87.0 ypg) and 20th in points (21.4)

Defensively, the Bolts rank 29th in total defense (394.1 ypg), 28th in passing (279.6 ypg), 20th in rushing (114.6 ypg) and 13th in points allowed (22.4). Miami ranks 20th in total defense (357.1 ypg), 16th in passing (238.0 ypg), 25th in rushing (119.1 ypg) and 14th in points allowed (23.2).

Connections

Chargers running back Ronnie Brown was a first-round pick of the Miami Dolphins in 2005. The second overall pick in the ’05 draft, Brown played six seasons in Miami (2005-10) and he still ranks third on their all-time list for career rushing yards (4,815) and touchdowns (36).

Cornerback Richard Marshall played for the Dolphins in 2012, recording 17 tackles and an interception.

Defensive end Corey Liuget is from Miami and attended Hialeah High School.

Outside Linebacker Tourek Williams is also from Miami and attended Norland High School.

Chargers Assistant Offensive Line Coach Andrew Dees worked at Miami’s training camp in 2004 through the NFL Minority Intern Coaching Program.

Chargers Senior Executive Scout Randy Mueller was the Dolphins’ general manager from 2005-07.

Dolphins cornerback Jamar Taylor is from San Diego and attended Helix High School in La Mesa.

Safety Jimmy Wilson is from San Diego and attended Point Loma High School.

Tackle Will Yeatman is from San Diego as well and he prepped at Rancho Bernardo High School.

G/L guys!

vCash
    So this pretty much sums up my view of this week...I'm starting the Charger defense in my fantasy League and benching Miller. Damn this is going to suck.

vCash
    This will be the first game of the season that I don't get to watch. So that means we'll blow the Chargers out and Tannehill will throw for 7 TD's

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    So this pretty much sums up my view of this week...I'm starting the Charger defense in my fantasy League and benching Miller. Damn this is going to suck.
    Dude, NO one starts the Chargers D... most starters are out for season injured and non-existent secondary... don't hurt yourself.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast