Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rockets @ Sixers

The game's already started, and apparently Harden's out because of his foot injury. Michael Carter-Williams is also out, though, so the Rockets should have the edge on paper. They really need to win games like this, so hopefully they can pull it out without Harden.

vCash
    Not a great defensive first quarter, but the offense has been great so far. I love the ball movement, and the offense is really clicking with Lin running it. Dwight has been very efficient scoring and they're even shooting 36.4% from the 3-point line. Let's hope they can keep this up and pull this off.

vCash
    There you go MBT, they would have to start falling at some point. Are you kidding me Jeremy Lin?

Love they way Jones has played tonight too.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Beverley looking a lot better tonight, just playing his game without trying too much.

vCash
    Cannot believe the Rockets have choked this game away. I had to leave, but I was following this game for the last hour and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how quickly that 10-point lead disintegrated. Now they're down three points in OT. They have GOT to find some ****ing offense somewhere. This is so frustrating...

vCash
    That was (another) painful loss. But it will always be tough to play without your best player. And it doesn't help that two of their guys just went crazy having carreer nights. How did Anderson make the three to tie, I don't know. How we come out of the timeout and we end up with that ugly Parsons' contested shot, I'm trying to figure it out. We're probably the worst team drawing plays after the timeout, that needs to change.

Anyway, on the bright side, I loved Jones' game tonight, he plays some tough defense and he has the outside shot. In two full games this season, he has 21 rebounds and 8 blocks. The team had 15 blocks, 6 for Howard and 4 for Parsons, including that huge block late in the game. Casspi also played nicely putting on 16 making up for Garcia going scoreless again. Beverley played really better tonight, doing what he does best, that last steal in the 4th was amazing.

And how about 34 assists? That's the ball movement we wanted to see.

As frustating as it was, because they had the game, I think this was somewhat positive, maybe more than negative, considering Harden was out.

vCash
    That was extremely frustrating to watch but my lord Jeremy Lin looks good. The fact that he is playing with so much confidence is very fun to watch. I was really shocked at how few minutes Asik got. I mean I dont like the twin tower starting lineup but he only got 4 minutes in this game. I feel like he could have helped alot down low at times.

I was happy to see Jones out there though. He does look lost at times but he has his moments where I really think he can be the kind of starting 4 this team needs. Obviously I would rather see us trade Asik for a true 4 but Jones has potential.

I also think Beverley is getting too many minutes (dont tell farren). He brings nothing to the offensive side of the ball other than rebounding and I love his energy but his defense is just a little too agreessive it seems.

Lastly, I was happy to see the play we drew up at the buzzer of regulation rather than a Harden Iso. Parsons coming off a screen and getting a decent jump shot. Although he airballed it, Im so much happier with that shot than Harden dribbling the clock out and taking a contested step back three.

vCash
    After tonight, Lin should be starting over Beverly. But then again, once Harden returns Lins confidence will shoot back down since whenever the rockets lose, they will pin the blame on him.

!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
    Lastly, I was happy to see the play we drew up at the buzzer of regulation rather than a Harden Iso. Parsons coming off a screen and getting a decent jump shot. Although he airballed it, Im so much happier with that shot than Harden dribbling the clock out and taking a contested step back three.
    Except it was still a bad play, I much rather have a Harden iso than a long two fade away contested Parsons' shot. If I'm not wrong Hawes was out and the Sixers were playing horrible inside defense, why not attack the basket with Lin or Parsons?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Except it was still a bad play, I much rather have a Harden iso than a long two fade away contested Parsons' shot. If I'm not wrong Hawes was out and the Sixers were playing horrible inside defense, why not attack the basket with Lin or Parsons?
    The shot wasnt a good one but I liked the movement we had with him coming off an off ball screen. He caught it with probably close to 4 seconds left he should have curled off and attacked the rim like you were saying. If he catches the ball and starts to attack then maybe the defense collapses on him and he can kick it for an open look or get fouled. I would have rather seen something for Lin personally but the fact that we at least had something drawn up out of the time out that wasnt just stand and dribble until you have one second left and throw up the fade away was encouraging for me.
    Last edited by houstonfan; 11-14-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling.

vCash
    It was a bad play; they could have gotten something better. Parsons has been off from beyond the arc so why even bring him in a few feet? I get that no one just dribbled for 5 seconds and then threw something up, but a long two from Parsons probably wasn't the best play they could have come up with. Then again, it's McHale, so maybe it was.

vCash
    The just looked like they were out of gas in OT We should never have lost that game...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    It was a bad play; they could have gotten something better. Parsons has been off from beyond the arc so why even bring him in a few feet? I get that no one just dribbled for 5 seconds and then threw something up, but a long two from Parsons probably wasn't the best play they could have come up with. Then again, it's McHale, so maybe it was.
    haha good point.