Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,688
    vCash
    1500

    Mike Evans vs. Austin Seferian-Jenkins

    So Mike Evans: 6'5 220, probably runs a 4.6, decent route runner, good hands, able to go up and get the ball in traffic. Projected top 10 pick.

    Austin Seferian-Jenkins: 6'6 240, probably runs a 4.6, decent route runner, good hands, able to go up and get the ball in traffic. Projected top 20-30 pick.

    Why the disconnect? Why does it seem like big/fast TE's who can catch are valued differently than big/fast WR's? Is it just because WR's are more "proven" as they gets thrown to more/play against #1 corners? Maybe I'm missing something here with Evans vs. Seferian-Jenkins...anyone care to explain?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87:27402609
    So Mike Evans: 6'5 220, probably runs a 4.6, decent route runner, good hands, able to go up and get the ball in traffic. Projected top 10 pick.

    Austin Seferian-Jenkins: 6'6 240, probably runs a 4.6, decent route runner, good hands, able to go up and get the ball in traffic. Projected top 20-30 pick.

    Why the disconnect? Why does it seem like big/fast TE's who can catch are valued differently than big/fast WR's? Is it just because WR's are more "proven" as they gets thrown to more/play against #1 corners? Maybe I'm missing something here with Evans vs. Seferian-Jenkins...anyone care to explain?
    because quarterbacks tend to throw it more towards wide receivers more.

    Btw I believe asj to be about 260+

    Personally don't see a huge difference between them both other than Evans does his damage vs #1 corners for huge yards and asj does it against linebackers and safeties.

    Truely depends on the scheme you run. Kinda like choosing between Jimmy Graham and crispy green

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,688
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    because quarterbacks tend to throw it more towards wide receivers more.

    Btw I believe asj to be about 260+

    Personally don't see a huge difference between them both other than Evans does his damage vs #1 corners for huge yards and asj does it against linebackers and safeties.

    Truely depends on the scheme you run. Kinda like choosing between Jimmy Graham and crispy green
    But you could always line up ASJ at WR and get the same effect, no?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87:27402844
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    because quarterbacks tend to throw it more towards wide receivers more.

    Btw I believe asj to be about 260+

    Personally don't see a huge difference between them both other than Evans does his damage vs #1 corners for huge yards and asj does it against linebackers and safeties.

    Truely depends on the scheme you run. Kinda like choosing between Jimmy Graham and crispy green
    But you could always line up ASJ at WR and get the same effect, no?
    Not necessarily. Depends a lot on scheme and the play. I'm sure Evans has more agility than asj

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    4,520
    vCash
    1500
    Look at the production between the 2. Evans has better hands and a better route runner IMO, and has more game speed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    4,520
    vCash
    1500
    If anything compare Evans to Amaro

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,876
    vCash
    1500
    ^ This
    Last edited by DeyAce; 11-18-2013 at 03:25 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,688
    vCash
    1500
    Since when are college players drafted based on production?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,546
    vCash
    1500
    Mike Evans is so overrated

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,362
    vCash
    1500
    it's hard to compare these two. I definitely think Evans has inflated numbers, but he's easily a 1st round pick type guy


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •