Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Mike Evans vs. Austin Seferian-Jenkins

So Mike Evans: 6'5 220, probably runs a 4.6, decent route runner, good hands, able to go up and get the ball in traffic. Projected top 10 pick.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins: 6'6 240, probably runs a 4.6, decent route runner, good hands, able to go up and get the ball in traffic. Projected top 20-30 pick.

Why the disconnect? Why does it seem like big/fast TE's who can catch are valued differently than big/fast WR's? Is it just because WR's are more "proven" as they gets thrown to more/play against #1 corners? Maybe I'm missing something here with Evans vs. Seferian-Jenkins...anyone care to explain?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87:27402609
    So Mike Evans: 6'5 220, probably runs a 4.6, decent route runner, good hands, able to go up and get the ball in traffic. Projected top 10 pick.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins: 6'6 240, probably runs a 4.6, decent route runner, good hands, able to go up and get the ball in traffic. Projected top 20-30 pick.

Why the disconnect? Why does it seem like big/fast TE's who can catch are valued differently than big/fast WR's? Is it just because WR's are more "proven" as they gets thrown to more/play against #1 corners? Maybe I'm missing something here with Evans vs. Seferian-Jenkins...anyone care to explain?
    because quarterbacks tend to throw it more towards wide receivers more.

Btw I believe asj to be about 260+

Personally don't see a huge difference between them both other than Evans does his damage vs #1 corners for huge yards and asj does it against linebackers and safeties.

Truely depends on the scheme you run. Kinda like choosing between Jimmy Graham and crispy green

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post

Personally don't see a huge difference between them both other than Evans does his damage vs #1 corners for huge yards and asj does it against linebackers and safeties.

Truely depends on the scheme you run. Kinda like choosing between Jimmy Graham and crispy green
    But you could always line up ASJ at WR and get the same effect, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87:27402844
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post

But you could always line up ASJ at WR and get the same effect, no?
    Not necessarily. Depends a lot on scheme and the play. I'm sure Evans has more agility than asj

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Look at the production between the 2. Evans has better hands and a better route runner IMO, and has more game speed.

vCash
    If anything compare Evans to Amaro

vCash
    ^ This
    Last edited by DeyAce; 11-18-2013 at 03:25 PM.

vCash
    Since when are college players drafted based on production?

vCash
    Mike Evans is so overrated

vCash
    it's hard to compare these two. I definitely think Evans has inflated numbers, but he's easily a 1st round pick type guy

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/