Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Finally came to a conclusion about Andy Dalton

If the Bengals don't at least make the AFC conference championship game, I think we need to draft a new QB. Not necessarily a first round pick or anything, but someone in round 2 or 3 who can at least compete with Andy.

Andy has always been presented to as a QB who doesn't have a great arm, but is accurate, and a "game manager". But that is completely wrong. He is an inaccurate gunslinger who is always boom or bust, its either big plays or INT's with Andy. I know Gruden is part of the problem, and BJGE has no business being a featured RB in the league right now, but if we are going to roll the dice with a boom or bust type QB I want the boom potential to be a lot higher.

Either draft a more conservative QB, or draft one with bigger potential. Either one I'm fine with. Andy is in his 3rd year, and I think this is really as good as it gets. We've seen the really good games, and now some really bad ones. I'm ready to look at other options.

vCash
    Part of me wants to give up on Dalton. Just because I know that if we have a better QB we are one of the best teams in the NFL right now. Injuries of course have taken their toll, mainly Geno, but even before then, Dalton was deciding our games. Our D has been pretty solid. Not bad enough to blame the losses on. Another part of me says he has a lot of potential, and wants to give him his time (As if he hasn't had enough already, maybe he needs more) to sharpen his edges and take the steps to becoming a next level QB. But, one thing that I can say in full confidence, is that Gruden and or Lewis need to go. I know Ive been saying that for about 4 seasons now. But you can not tell me that if Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden were to come back that they wouldn't have a field day with this offense, and not just them. This offense has a loooot of talent. I just want us to take advantage of it and get a ring, or at least a deep playoff run while we can, before AJ Green runs off and takes the money elsewhere. Bottom line is, we have too much talent to go one and done year in and year out, and unless this coaching staff use this team to its full potential, somebody who can needs to come in.
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

Ive got a twitter! @WiteJamesHarden
    I follow back!

vCash
    problem is where are we going to find anyone better. Andy to me is a slightly above average QB. Good QB`s are tough to find. I agree i wouldn`t mind look for a QB in the draft just to try and push him a bit. I think Dalton has the tools, he`s smart enough I just don`t know what it`s going to take for it to click in. Lets be honest guys there have been some points in the season where he has looked very good.

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    We cant give up on the guy because of a bad stretch, he has won a lot of games in his carrer, and is on his way for a third playoff birth in as many years.
    I really want to see how he does in a playoff home game.
    We cant forget he was the Offensive Player of the Month just last month, the oline has been terrible lately too.

vCash
    We have to draft a QB this year. We are going to become stagnant as far as our progress is concerned.
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Phoenix Suns
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks

vCash
    Well its not entirely his fault, but we have a legitimate chance at missing the playoffs.

There are a lot of interesting QB prospects in this draft, and if one of them fell into the late 1st round, I'd be tempted...We don't have a lot of big holes.

vCash
    Na we will still make the playoffs, the 3 big injuries on defense is really starting to hurt us. We were always going to be a defense first team.

vCash
    Dalton is who we thought he was.

vCash
    This should really open up some eyes for Bengals management, we simply can't win when we need too with this guy, period. be nice if we could move him for some nice draft picks and maybe go after Cousins or another youngish qb who is available.

vCash
    This draft is pretty stacked with QB's if we really wanted to make a splash. Bridgewater, Bortles, Hundley(?),Manziel(?), Carr, Mettenberger, Boyd
    Last edited by carson005; 01-05-2014 at 05:49 PM.

vCash
    And Marvin Lewis gets a pass? He should be the one to go, not Dalton IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    And Marvin Lewis gets a pass? He should be the one to go, not Dalton IMO.
    Oh I want Lewis gone too, good coach but we aren't getting over the hump with him

vCash
    I'm done with him, gives us false hope with some good games, but never shows up in playoffs when we really need him

vCash
    i think today was more on Gruden, i think it was some really bad play calling, that along with Dalton's horrific performance is why we lost. The defense played great today and we were running the ball pretty good.

vCash
    Dalton for Blackburn and a first? Doubt that would happen... Dalton to Jets for Hill and a first?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast