Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

A sign of the times?

The Lakers’ 320-game home sellout streak ended when Staples wound up 571 spectators shy of the 18,997 capacity for the game against the New Orleans Pelicans. A Lakers game not selling out?! It hadn’t happened for seven years (Dec. 6, 2006 against the Oklahoma City/New Orleans Hornets). That was so long ago that the NBA was using what wound up as a temporary new microfiber composite basketball—and Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton and Lamar Odom joined Kobe Bryant in the Lakers’ starting lineup.

Gary Lee @LakersNation about 2 hours ago
    After 320 consecutive games, a Lakers streak comes to an end:

Janis Carr @janiscarr about 3 hours ago
    Lakers attendance last night was 18,997, ending a string of sellouts dating back to 12/06/2006.

Kevin Ding @KevinDing 4 hours ago
    Where's Kobe? Lakers didn't sell out Staples Center last night...after 320 consecutive sellouts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...in-vs-pelicans

vCash
    It's a team without identity and without leadership. The way they have played, and have been coached, people are going to wait for Kobe to come back to start caring.

vCash
    Kind of a good thing in terms of getting rid of Dantoni next year. The fans don't want to come to see this team with Dantoni... The front office should take note of this. Tittays

vCash
    I'm Sure Buss will take notice of the declining revenue.

vCash
    So we lose to the new Orleans franchise, we get blown out by the timberwolves, and now we can't sell out our home arena?

vCash
    Either add players worth seeing or lower the damn prices for the current talent.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    Kind of a good thing in terms of getting rid of Dantoni next year. The fans don't want to come to see this team with Dantoni... The front office should take note of this. Tittays
    This.. I love the Lakers but since Coach D took over I could give a rats azz.. I don't like him and don't feel he's a good fit for the Lakers.. More than that I felt Baby Buss put his own personal interests' ahead of the teams and in doing set the stage for the mediocrity we are now bearing witness to.. In a word he F'd the team and the fans and it's a shame because this team is about as irrelevent as it gets.. Hope the front office and ownership are happy as they can get used to more of this as long as D'Antoni is coaching this team..

vCash
    It might not be a big deal, but it is a sign that the team is going in the wrong direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    I'm Sure Buss will take notice of the declining revenue.
    That's very laughable when you consider that Baby Buss is 100% responsible for the turn this team has taken.. Let's be honest here and now, if Jackson was coaching this team things would be very different right now..

vCash
    ^ That's what I'm saying. Maybe seeing a loss of money will help him pull his head out of his ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    ^ That's what I'm saying. Maybe seeing a loss of money will help him pull his head out of his ***.
    We can hope but his heads pretty deep in there so might take the jaws of life to extract his head and his senses.. Problem is lack of air has probably killed any remaining brain cells/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evadatam5150 View Post
    That's very laughable when you consider that Baby Buss is 100% responsible for the turn this team has taken.. Let's be honest here and now, if Jackson was coaching this team things would be very different right now..
    Yeah, but we'll still lose in the second round of the playoffs. Also blame Dr. Buss for giving him control of the team which I think none of the member in the buss family can run it.

vCash
    Who the hell would want to go see a LAKERS game these days?

Go to a Warriors game for excitement, or Spurs game if you like half court ball.

But not the Lakers. You'll get neither, and they'll likely lose. So this isn't surprising.

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

vCash
    It's a sign of Mike D'Antoni and Jim Buss. And perhaps the casual fans figuring they'll wait and buy tickets when they're playing anyone not named the Pelicans

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    Yeah, but we'll still lose in the second round of the playoffs. Also blame Dr. Buss for giving him control of the team which I think none of the member in the buss family can run it.
    I think Jeanie needs to force the issue and try to take control. Clearly the late great Doctor Buss wasn't fit to make such a decision on his death bed, he couldn't have been thinking clearly.

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast