Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Sabres: Rolston Regier out. Lalalalalalalafonatine and Nolan in

Have to say i was a bit surprised by the Nolan hiring. Glad to see Rolston out he is a terrible coach and doesn't deserve to be coaching in this league. I can't believe that Regier kept this guy after some of the stuff he has done. It cost him his job IMO.

Be interesting to see if the Sabers can turn it around.

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    sorry for the name botch

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    All they need is Neil Smith, wonder how Wang feels about this lol

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    The uneducated fans in Buffalo are very happy about this move, it is clearly a crowd pleaser.

Ted Nolan was blackballed for whatever reason in the NHL and has been out of coaching in it for a while now, so hopefully he has what it takes. He is know as a hard nosed coach like Ruff was and the players supposedly whined about Ruff's personality. We'll see how that works out.

No GM has been named yet, but it looks like the GM will report to Pat instead of to Terry. Interesting that the owner is positioning himself further away from the team, but not altogether unexpected.

What GM candidates are out there without jobs at the moment? Any GMs that might bail on their current teams for the Sabres?

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    The uneducated fans in Buffalo are very happy about this move, it is clearly a crowd pleaser.

Ted Nolan was blackballed for whatever reason in the NHL and has been out of coaching in it for a while now, so hopefully he has what it takes. He is know as a hard nosed coach like Ruff was and the players supposedly whined about Ruff's personality. We'll see how that works out.

No GM has been named yet, but it looks like the GM will report to Pat instead of to Terry. Interesting that the owner is positioning himself further away from the team, but not altogether unexpected.

What GM candidates are out there without jobs at the moment? Any GMs that might bail on their current teams for the Sabres?
    Neil Smith dude. He's one of LaFontaine's boys and I think he is a candidate. This was a good move for Buffalo !

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Neil Smith dude. He's one of LaFontaine's boys and I think he is a candidate. This was a good move for Buffalo !
    I had to dig into the depths of wikipedia but found the info from their stint with the Isles. Looks like the Isles terrible owner is the reason why they didn't get a shot there.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I had to dig into the depths of wikipedia but found the info from their stint with the Isles. Looks like the Isles terrible owner is the reason why they didn't get a shot there.
    Yep I liked them too I thought that would of been a solid core of management, what happened though was Wang wanted more control. He's a terrible owner. Give Buffalo some time they are gonna build a solid team there.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    LF has been on championship teams, Ted Nolan has some good stuff under his belt. I like the core they have now. They have two picks from the Islanders... Buff's gonna be a threat if they draft the right players and sign the right FA's.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Ron Rolston was a joke though, pencil neck behind the bench who looked like he should have been doing someone's taxes rather than trying to coach a hockey team. It was a perfect move by Buffalo firing him, he benched his entire 1st line a week ago.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Buffalo is going to be a threat in like seven years..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss:27401104
    Buffalo is going to be a threat in like seven years..
    I think shorter. LF has a good hockey brain and Wang gave them both the shaft. LF knows how to develop prospects give it sometime and they will be formittable force again.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    I would be shocked if they made the playoffs wthin 6 years in all honesty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss:27401409
    I would be shocked if they made the playoffs wthin 6 years in all honesty.
    They have a nice surplus of picks for the draft, 3 yrs to develop and they should have some nice guys to build around. LF was a dedicated blue collar player and hes gonna bring the same traits in the FO.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Buffalo should be able to get the team moving in the right direction in the next couple years especially when, not if, they trade Miller, but they have to get a good young player for Miller and a pick or two. They certainly have enough picks to rebuild, hopefully for their sake they have their scouting in order.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Buffalo should be able to get the team moving in the right direction in the next couple years especially when, not if, they trade Miller, but they have to get a good young player for Miller and a pick or two. They certainly have enough picks to rebuild, hopefully for their sake they have their scouting in order.
    The last 24 hours it has sounded like Miller is trying to reposition to stay. Probably because the teams who want him he doesn't want to go to.

-Scott van Pelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast