Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Report: Phillies, Blue Jays talking Jose Bautista trade

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...bautista-trade

oh snap.

it would be great if they sent us Brown plus either a catcher or a 2nd base as well included in the package?

what do you guys think?

vCash
    Already discussed in detail in the offseason thread if you want to take a look.

Also been debunked by Shi Davidi and Jon Heyman saying there's zero merit to this trade.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    if its not for starters, dont even bother...fake news anyways

vCash
    False rumours. Bautista for Brown and maybe something else not going to happen.

vCash
    Could be another false flag, but I just read Arencibia could be getting traded to the Phillies.

vCash
    unless the phillies are giving us hamels there's really nothing there that entices me to want to make an deal for bautista.

the reds seem like the obvious team to make a deal with. hanigan, phillips, homer bailey... three guys that fill 3 blackholes on the jays. i'm not saying the reds would trade all three for bautista, but with them losing choo, they'd be look for a cost effective bat and nobody has a better contract than bautista.

vCash
    I don't know as of yet.

They dealt Halladay to the Phillies and were suppose to get 3 good ones in return. So far I'm iffy on AA right now.

vCash
    Dom Brown is also a Scott Boras client....and with Brown in arb from 2015, I think the Jays probably dont want to deal with his BS every year.

vCash
    Would you guys be okay with moving Bautista if it mean't somehow that Cliff Lee would be coming back in return?

vCash
    No man, you don't trade an elite hitter for the sake of trading him.
    Jose has at the very minimum 3 or 4 years left of that level and unless his power significantly regresses, he'll still be a really good hitter at the age of 35, 36.

Lee is already 35 and we don't know the real DOminic Brown yet. Not a gamble a franchise like ours should be taking right now, especially since we don't even have a heir apparant to Jose in our system yet.

Heck if we are willing to bite the bullet on Lee's contract I think he can be had for way cheaper

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Everyone....go away....he's staying both in this thread and the NEW off season thread as well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    I don't know as of yet.

They dealt Halladay to the Phillies and were suppose to get 3 good ones in return. So far I'm iffy on AA right now.
    Yeah that means we shouldnt make any trades and especially no free agent signings.... just incase any of them goes sour.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    Would you guys be okay with moving Bautista if it mean't somehow that Cliff Lee would be coming back in return?
    I wouldn't trade Joey unless we are getting a franchise altering player. It is not like we have a juggernaut of an offence to begin with. This offence needs Joey Bats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I wouldn't trade Joey unless we are getting a franchise altering player. It is not like we have a juggernaut of an offence to begin with. This offence needs Joey Bats.
    Gibbons tells Espn, "we are looking for pitchers, not swapping outfielders"!

vCash
    I don't see Brown moving. If so, a huge mistake. In two years, he IS a Bautista caliber player. But the Phils have made worst moves. How about Mayberry and/or Revere, Ruf, and some pitching/catching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast