Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Please Keep This Lineup When Kobe Comes Back.

PG: Steve Blake - Jordan Farmar - Steve Nash*
    SG: Kobe Bryant - Xavier Henry - Jodie Meeks**
    SF: Wesley Johnson - Nick Young - Kobe Bryant
    PF: Jordan Hill - Pau Gasol - Ryan Kelly***
    C: Pau Gasol - Chris Kamen - Jordan Hill

* Limit to 10-13 min a game. Nash is fragile and pretty much done.
    ** Meeks has been playing very well so far but sadly, he will probably take the most hit in minutes when Kobe comes back. Give him some third string minutes along with additional minutes depending on how well or bad Young or Henry are playing.
    ***I like Kelly. :3

What I loved about the starting lineup tonight was Wesley Johnson and Jordan Hill starting. Hill should have been starting the entire time and Wesley looks like a good fit at SF. While his offense still needs work, his defense has been pretty valuable thus far.

This team actually has a lot more talent then I expected. We have 11 guys who can play legit double digit minutes every game.

vCash
    supppp

vCash
    missed the game glad to see we are figuring out the rotations though. I feel like Nash might have thrown off the natural tempo this offense operates at

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clifborder4fm:27399203
    missed the game glad to see we are figuring out the rotations though. I feel like Nash might have thrown off the natural tempo this offense operates at
    Seems like it and Blake >> Nash

vCash
    I would like to see Farmar get more time with the starters, however I do like your idea of starting Hill, Johnson, and Gasol along side Kobe when he returns.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Biggest thing for the Lakers is consistency. They have talent. But they need to mesh.

This starting line up will give us energy every night to start the game so i think Jordan Hill deserves that starting role alongside Wesley Johnson.

Nick Young is perfect off the bench. All he has to do is score.

I'm also thinking Nash should retire before 10 games. And if it's a medical retirement, I think the Lakers get relieved of the contract from the cap. That is huge.

And I say we keep Pau til the end this season unless we get something very awesome in return...

how about Pau+Meeks to Chicago for Deng+Gibson? Chicago is going for it this year aren't they?

Rose/Teague
    Hinrich/Meeks
    Butler/Dunleavy
    Gasol/Boozer
    Noah/Mohammed

Lakers get

Blake/Farmar
    Bryant/Henry
    Johnson/Young
    Deng/Gibson
    Hill/Kaman

....meh...still not a championship team
    LINSANITY

vCash
    This team isn't as bad as a lot of people on here think. We have the best bench in the nba, the stats are a little inflated cause our bench players get a lot of playing time, but we're also without kobe and him returning would make the bench that much deeper. If we could somehow trade nash's contract for an all star caliber player and bring in another solid player (maybe for meeks and blake) we would be in a great spot. For those who are saying we need to preserve cap space, trading nash wouldn't hurt that cause he was going to be on the books either way and you don't pass up players you would want to sign either way. The point of having cap space is that you can sign players you want on your team, it doesn't really matter how you get them (via trade or free agency).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    Seems like it and Blake >> Nash
    I definitely know that v

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    Biggest thing for the Lakers is consistency. They have talent. But they need to mesh.

This starting line up will give us energy every night to start the game so i think Jordan Hill deserves that starting role alongside Wesley Johnson.

Nick Young is perfect off the bench. All he has to do is score.

I'm also thinking Nash should retire before 10 games. And if it's a medical retirement, I think the Lakers get relieved of the contract from the cap. That is huge.

And I say we keep Pau til the end this season unless we get something very awesome in return...

how about Pau+Meeks to Chicago for Deng+Gibson? Chicago is going for it this year aren't they?

Rose/Teague
    Hinrich/Meeks
    Butler/Dunleavy
    Gasol/Boozer
    Noah/Mohammed

Lakers get

Blake/Farmar
    Bryant/Henry
    Johnson/Young
    Deng/Gibson
    Hill/Kaman

....meh...still not a championship team
    Great trade idea for us, but there's NO WAY Pau would start over Boozer in Chicago...

vCash
    Yes we can punch our ticket straight to the lottery

And no that was not sarcasm

vCash
    That line-up last night played really well. You add Kobe and you got a nice starting point going forward. They played with great energy and hustle.
    Today's task is to sustain that energy and win on the road.
    It's time to give up on Nash, See if they can come to some type of injury settlement and move on. His situation is doing no good for anybody, It's Over!

Realistically, Jordan Hill should have been starting from day one. This whole stretch-4 business is a crock of doo doo. If you got one like Dirk in his prime or Kevin Love now....Great. But you don't try to force one. Give me a hard worker, defender, rebounder any day over a stretch-4. Wes Johnson also has gotten better too and should hold on to the SF position. Add Kobe to Blake and Gasol and you got a little sumthin' to work with.

vCash
    Agree

vCash
    They lost last night but I like that rotation. With the talent level I don't expect them to win every night they are a .500 team. I don't know how pop does it but he does. I think our record could have been better if it was not for some silly line ups in the first few weeks that got us off to slow starts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    They lost last night but I like that rotation. With the talent level I don't expect them to win every night they are a .500 team. I don't know how pop does it but he does. I think our record could have been better if it was not for some silly line ups in the first few weeks that got us off to slow starts
    because he's the best coach in the league. Simple as that.

vCash
    I like having Wesley Jonhson an Jordan Hill starting. They both go out every night and grind it out. They do all little things and make a lot hustle plays. Jordan brings that physicality that Pau lacks and Johson just helps our perimeter D. Once Mamba back I could see the lakers going to a big line up during the game and skilled line up.

Big
    Mamba
    Young
    Johnson
    Hill
    Pau

Skilled
    Mamba
    Henry
    Young
    Johnson
    Pau