Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash

Draft Thread

being 0-8 think we need this to not want to harm ourselves

also, if everyone comes out I want a top 4 pick. wiggins, randle, parker, and exum. All 4 of those guys are potential superstars. randle doesn't fit position ally with our team, but his offensive potential is a 25 point scorer and you can't pass that up.

vCash
    Yep, was gonna make one before the big games last night. If last night is any indication of how the seasons gonna go, it's gonna be a fantastic college season (polar opposite of last year). I've already waivered multiple times on who I'd want if we did end up with the first pick. I love Parker, the dude is all sorts of polished on offense, I just don't know if he'll be able to guard 3's in the NBA. It's only been 2 games ha I know. I definitely underestimated Randle. He is a freakin stud.
    Chicago Cubs: #4 pick, Prospect Watching
    Tennessee Titans: 7-9, #11 Pick/Bring on the "Whis" Kid
    Utah Jazz: 12-26, We're getting dangerously close to being decent

vCash
    Outside of the first round question. Do you guys think Haws will get a shot in the second round? I'm biased and I think he's awesome. I'm not a crazy BYU fan who cheered for Jimmer/Kings when they came here, that PISSED me off, I'm more realistic than most. I just don't know if I'm wearing my Blue and White colored glasses here with Haws.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    Yep, was gonna make one before the big games last night. If last night is any indication of how the seasons gonna go, it's gonna be a fantastic college season (polar opposite of last year). I've already waivered multiple times on who I'd want if we did end up with the first pick. I love Parker, the dude is all sorts of polished on offense, I just don't know if he'll be able to guard 3's in the NBA. It's only been 2 games ha I know. I definitely underestimated Randle. He is a freakin stud.
    yeah I agree sometimes wiggins reminds me of harrison barnes in his college career and thus far harrison barnes hasn't been bad, but people had kobe like expectations for him

vCash
    I love this thread. I'm going to learn a lot about these prospects from you guys. I don't watch near enough college ball so I don't know who the Jazz should draft. All I know is we are going to get at least one good draft pick and if we hit it right one of these guys is going to help right away.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    This is going to be a very interesting draft. It is going to be a tough choice for whoever has the #1 pick. If I had to rank them right at this moment I would say 1.Parker 2.Randle 3. Wiggins

I don't know much about Exum at this point but the word is he is also really good. No matter how things shake out, if we are picking in the top 4 of this draft, we will be juuuuuuuuussssssssstttttt fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    yeah I agree sometimes wiggins reminds me of harrison barnes in his college career and thus far harrison barnes hasn't been bad, but people had kobe like expectations for him
    Wiggins is better in every category than Harrison Barnes by ALOT. He's more like Tracy Mcgrady good (young tmac of course). He's way faster than Barnes, smarter, stronger, has a better shot, and is a better passer, harder worker. Now Barnes isn't bad by any means, but Wiggins is just better in all categories.

vCash
    As of 11/13/13, I'm hoping we get Parker. A combo of Parker, Favors and Kanter at the 3, 4 and 5 just seems nasty for such a long time. Wiggins seems like he has the higher ceiling, but it might take him longer to get there. Parker seems to have the skill set, poise and size to be a good NBA SF from the get go.

For the fans sake and for our young guys to get back to winning, I'd rather have a rookie who comes in to improve the team than a rookie to come in and need to grow.

vCash
    After watching that Duke/Kansas game last night I would rather have Parker than Wiggins. Parker is just so physically impressive. He is a big, thick bodied player and he seemed to muscle Wiggins around when they were covering each other. Obviously Wiggins can add strength but Parker can as well. It's way to early to tell who's the better player but I thought Parker looked better last night even in a loss.

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    Do you guys think Parker will be able to stick with 3's? He obviously doesn't have to be Bruce Bowen he just needs to be competent with how strong he's gonna be on offense. Parker is who I'd want as of now, latteral movement on D is my only concern with him.

vCash
    After watching the Game, I feel Jabari Parker looked better. Needs to improve defense and he needs to put more power into his shot. He had a few airballs last night.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    As of 11/13/13, I'm hoping we get Parker. A combo of Parker, Favors and Kanter at the 3, 4 and 5 just seems nasty for such a long time. Wiggins seems like he has the higher ceiling, but it might take him longer to get there. Parker seems to have the skill set, poise and size to be a good NBA SF from the get go.

For the fans sake and for our young guys to get back to winning, I'd rather have a rookie who comes in to improve the team than a rookie to come in and need to grow.
    i'd throw my vote in with parker as well. worst case scenario, if we get him, he'd offer what hayward offers with much more explosive game on offense. worst case is we pair the two. hayward/parker combo is crazy. that would put the scoring onus off of hayward's shoulders and let him play his natural complementary role. i love parker's measurables... 6'8" 235 lb. moves like a 2, amazing finesse and above average shot.

i know next to nothing about everyone else, but damn... to be ranked as high or higher than parker says tons about each one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    he even jumped off the wrong foot. he's so smooth. did anyone else get flashbacks of clyde 'the glide' drexler watching this gif???
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I needed new shorts after last night. Parker is just the full package. He's a PtPer baby! Sometimes you just see how certain guys have a feel for the game and you know they are going to be special. Parker just screams superstar to me. Cherry on top; mormon.

But yah, i'd be just fine settling for wiggins, randle or exum. All freaking studs. What a great year to suck.

vCash
    Interesting Pro Player Comparisons I Found

Wiggins- Kobe, T-mac, Drexler
    Parker- Melo, Pierce, Grant Hill
    Exum- Penny Hardaway, Westbrook
    Randle- Webber, Cousins, Odum

Last year the top 4 drafted were Bennett, Oladipo, Porter, and Zeller. If any of the 4 above were in that draft they would have been #1.

Even if we land the # 4 pick we have some assets to move up a spot or two with. Golden State pick, future draft pick, Burks.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast