Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Rick Porcello?

vCash

Rick Porcello?

What would it take to get this guy from the Tigers? Oswaldo Arcia could be part of the deal, I'm sure.

vCash
    I am not the biggest fan of trading in the division, but I could get on board with Porcello coming here. I think Arcia is someone we will want to hold on too and develop, but there are a lot of names we could throw around for him. I think giving up Kepler would be solid. I like Arcia a lot! And if we could have a future OF of Arcia in LF Buxton in CF and Hicks in RF... There is just sooo much fun to be had there. IF and only if we think Kepler or Walker can literally step up to the plate in the next 2 years do we give up Arcia..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray991 View Post
    I am not the biggest fan of trading in the division, but I could get on board with Porcello coming here. I think Arcia is someone we will want to hold on too and develop, but there are a lot of names we could throw around for him. I think giving up Kepler would be solid. I like Arcia a lot! And if we could have a future OF of Arcia in LF Buxton in CF and Hicks in RF... There is just sooo much fun to be had there. IF and only if we think Kepler or Walker can literally step up to the plate in the next 2 years do we give up Arcia..
    I think it would be reasonable to move Arcia for young pitching. He has the ceiling to be a Nelson Cruz like player but could also bust and be something similar to what Delmon Young became. Pitching is the most coveted asset in all of baseball and you are going to have to give up something to get something.

I agree that trading within the division is risky business but if it works for both teams I am in favor of cutting a deal. I honestly think the Tigers are undervaluing Porcello since they have Sherzer and Verlander. If you look at his advanced stats his K/9 have been going up and his adj era has been dropping which is a very good sign.

vCash
    Porcello is a solid starter and better than what we have, but I dont see him being a top flight starter. I think he is going to need to learn the Twins Change-Up for him to be a very good pitcher in a Twins Uni... Can it be done YES, do i see it happeneing.. not at all.. League average (which is an upgrade from everyone we have)