Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Young

vCash

Chris Young

My worries start to grow. After hearing news on the jokes about finances by Alderson, and then hearing interest in Chris Young, I am now concerned that any hopes I had or optimisms of Alderson actually doing somehting I am truly saddened by this recent report.

I know I am not alone but if we don't come away with at least 2 marquee players, I will be on the bandwagon of time for a new GM. I was understanding of his views and have been trying to maintain patience, but now I am starting to wear thin. Thanks for cleaning out the deadwieght and getting us to a point where we can be players, but if he cannot see that now is the time to strike he needs to go.

There are plenty of teams that recently (within the last 7 years or so) that have changed their fates. Thinking mostly of two teams I hate, Phillies and Boston, but there have been others. Especially if we went back to a payroll near 120 million which shouldn't be hard to build a team in the thick with that kind of money. We would make substantial difference in the turnstiles, plus jersey sales with the new players. Now is the time and the money would be made available. We are not Oakland, we are the NEW YORK Metropolitans. Time to act like it.

All this posturing is seriously ridiculous and with the recent comments about how "impossible the Mets are to deal with," by Boras doesn't bode well either. Sandy served his purpose and now it is time for someone willing to spend the Wilpon's money.

vCash
    Scott Boras calling you hard to deal with is a compliment, it means you arent bending over and grabbing your ankles for him. Also people seem to forget that Sandy has an allowance, if he wants to spend more then that then he'll have to interrupt fred and jeff's spooning session, unfortunately they have the bedroom door locked and luther vandross blasting on the radio so they wont' hear him knocking.

vCash
    "Mets are impossible to deal with"

Scott Boras translation

"I haven't been able to screw them over for rotten overpriced deal yet."

Add Chris Young, very good addition.

vCash
    Yeah I'd take Young if and only if you can add Granderson and Peralta as well.

Overall an off-season of Granderson, Peralta, Young, Hawkins, and a SP is a pretty solid one.

vCash
    Chris Young ............................................ yea, ..............................that'll work ............. geesh, I'm gonna get sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    "Mets are impossible to deal with"

Scott Boras translation

"I haven't been able to screw them over for rotten overpriced deal yet."

Add Chris Young, very good addition.
    Chris Young = Jason Bay at this point. HELL NO!

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Yeah I'd take Young if and only if you can add Granderson and Peralta as well.

Overall an off-season of Granderson, Peralta, Young, Hawkins, and a SP is a pretty solid one.
    So your saying you don't want Young (who would instantly be our 2nd best position player) if we don't sign a big ticket item? That doesn't make much sense. I'll be pissed if we don't get a big ticket too, but I still want to improve the team, which Young does.

Add Young, he'd be a good pick up.

vCash
    So your saying you don't want Young (who would instantly be our 2nd best position player) if we don't sign a big ticket item? That doesn't make much sense. I'll be pissed if we don't get a big ticket too, but I still want to improve the team, which Young does.

Check this out.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...html#contracts

Still think so?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash

No, I'm saying by himself, he's not going to add much to this team to make it anything special. If we were just going to add him, I'd rather let EYJ start. Chris Young is valuable if you add him in addition to someone else. I would say the same thing about Choo. If we only added Choo and no one else, it's kind of a waste of money because Choo's ability to get on base is not utilized by lacking guys to drive him in. That's all.

vCash
    Want no part of him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Yep.. already having this discussion in the offseason news thread. I love Chris Young, he's a ballplayer. Plate discipline, fast, power, great defense. Terrible unlucky year with BABIP, but he's a 4 WAR player and we need players. He'd be tremendous value for 7-8m in the current market. LOVE HIM. Do it Sandy!!

vCash
    The Mets have been linked to Curtis Granderson and Peralta at about the same magnitude of Furcal and Chris Young

nothing has happened yet

so without even getting into whether or not this will be a good move --- why are there all these panic threads??
    **** justin verlander and **** colin hanks for kind of looking like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The Mets have been linked to Curtis Granderson and Peralta at about the same magnitude of Furcal and Chris Young

nothing has happened yet

so without even getting into whether or not this will be a good move --- why are there all these panic threads??
    I think you're arguably the most logical poster on this forum. And I wasn't being sarcastic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    I think you're arguably the most logical poster on this forum. And I wasn't being sarcastic.
    Seconded.

Always enjoy reading Sandman's posts.

Hopelessly Devoted

vCash
    Yep.. already having this discussion in the offseason news thread. I love Chris Young, he's a ballplayer. Plate discipline, fast, power, great defense. Terrible unlucky year with BABIP, but he's a 4 WAR player and we need players. He'd be tremendous value for 7-8m in the current market. LOVE HIM. Do it Sandy!!
    I would have liked CY as a buy-low if Lagares didn't exist. Where is he playing? Most of his value is derived from his defense in CF(which wasn't even good last year). No chance in hell he is a 4 WAR player in a corner OF spot.

If we got him, it's to be a 4th OF or stop-gap for Puello.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast